If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Match Fishing Italian Style

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Waveney_One

Match Fishing Italian Style

Unread post by Waveney_One »

Here are some photo's of a match that I 'discovered' whilst on a recent trip to Lake Garda in Northern Italy. Not a feeder rod to be seen on any of the 50 pegs that I walked by, only the odd pole but most had 5 or 6 bolognese rods set up. I don't know how many fished as after 50 pegs the better half was a little fed up and only one small F1 type thing caught. I couldn't see the end of the match by the time we turned around and we had walked a mile before we got to the match length. On the way to the match length there were the F1 type thingy's spawning down the margins (26 C when I was there).

There was a strong wind blowing and a reasonable current against the wind. The guys were hanging onto their bolognese floats quite a way out and edging them down the flow.

A couple of signs over the roadway onto the match length. Don't ask me for a translation! The road appeared to follow the river all the way along and was blocked off by a barrier that was padlocked.

There are some more photo's here of the match and some interesting shotting patterns but the files are too big for here.

http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o280 ... =slideshow