If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Is Match Fishing At An All Time Low ?

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
abuman
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by abuman »

Myself and my mate fish the Derby railway water on the trent at Shardlow long gone are the 100-200 pegger days we are lucky to get 25 and most of them over 40 no young blood coming on the matches so it will die sooner than later perhaps they dont like walking. or they are frightened
of a stick float?
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

your area is very lucky lee i'd take 70 pegs
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

no win at all costs.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

no moaning, no win at all costs.

I run one of them.
It has put me off for ever.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Myself and my mate fish the Derby railway water on the trent at Shardlow long gone are the 100-200 pegger days we are lucky to get 25 and most of them over 40 no young blood coming on the matches so it will die sooner than later perhaps they dont like walking. or they are frightened
of a stick float?
love your water mate i think it is the walks ,stick floats wagglers everytime
i see dave harrell has brought a whole new range out so there must be a market still
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

I run one of them.
It has put me off  for ever.

short memories bill Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

getting back to the topic is there anyway of changing this decline as the commie boys are laughing knowing the only way we can turn is to join them the club scene seams to be on the up, its just getting in them that's the problem
its going to take years to restructure match fishing that should of been done 10 years ago but no one could be bothered and this is the price we are going to pay
one thing i will say a lot of commercials are now silting up and thats going to cost a great deal of money to sort out
Mancunian

Unread post by Mancunian »

Joff,I fished a winter league on the T&M at middlewich on saturday and the top 3 weights were 12lb, 11lb & 10lb with an average weight of 4lb. There are only 7 teams in this league now whereas 5 years ago there were 12 teams. It is indeed sad that in the NW most anglers now live on commercials and it is only the die hard "natural" venue anglers that still enjoy working hard for sometimes little returns. You wouldn't find the likes of Kevin Ashurst on a commercial.
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Joff,I fished a winter league on the T&M at middlewich on saturday and the top 3 weights were 12lb, 11lb & 10lb with an average weight of 4lb. There are only 7 teams in this league now whereas 5 years ago there were 12 teams. It is indeed sad that in the NW most anglers now live on commercials and it is only the die hard "natural" venue anglers that still enjoy working hard for sometimes little returns. You wouldn't find the likes of Kevin Ashurst on a commercial.

Eh up Steve  Image Image

Kevin Ashurst won on the weaver saturday with 12 odd of roach  Image Image sadly only 20 turned out , used to get 40 to 60 odd 2 or 3 years ago  :( :(

Gis a shout if your short next time !  Image :D ;)
Mancunian

Unread post by Mancunian »

Hi Rog, Yes i saw that big kev is back for his winter stint on the weaver. Will let you know if the team needs a stand in for any of the remaining matches and may even see you on the weaver.
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Midlands

Unread post by lloydy »

getting back to the topic is there anyway of changing this decline as the commie boys are laughing knowing the only way we can turn is to join them the club scene seams to be on the up, its just getting in them that's the problem
its going to take years to restructure match fishing that should of been done 10 years ago but no one could be bothered and this is the price we are going to pay
one thing i will say a lot of commercials are now silting up and thats going to cost a great deal of money to sort out

Joff, our canal matches are bigger than any commercial matches except if there's a league match on them
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

what you are saying then is team and leagues are finishing ,i go along with that it seams now if a team that fall behind in a league think its not worth bothering in the final couple of rounds and this is why teams are always short
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

or they are frightenedof a stick float?

They wouldn't know what one was mate Image
hammo

Unread post by hammo »

far to meny sponsored anglers nowadays. as anyone tryed running some matches on natural venues were sponsored anglers not allowed and cheaper pools with less payout just a thought as i cant be doing turning up for a match with a lot less bait and crap tackle compared to the luxury few sposored anglers who get wot ever they want.you will only get your mr average back when its a level playing field.
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by lloydy »

no win at all costs.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Well I ain't seen any, everyone wants to win and some take it more serious than others( me for one) but that's just my competitive nature, but win or lose I have a laugh and a booze
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by lloydy »

I run one of them.
It has put me off  for ever.

That was an unfortunate incident that got a bit out of hand, some times common sense has to prevail
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

That was an unfortunate incident that got a bit out of hand, some times common sense has to prevail

I gave my fishing up that day to run that match.
There was more than enough moaning anglers complaining how I dealt with the incident and my pegging.

I never pegged it and only knew there there was a slight hitch (that was all it was) when I arrived there about three minutes before the match started. That cost the League my sponsorship money, I am not putting up with that sh1t. Yet some feel it is fair game to mention it now.

The last match of the last winter league I received unrivalled sh1t yet again. Again I sponsored that match, yet I never had so much as one thanks from the Individual aggregate winner, - that was the money I put in.
After putting my money in matches for as long as I can remember there will be no more, you know too well who you can thank for that.

And then there was the Individual National, - surely you can see a common denominator here, - I crappity smack well can.

I could mention more, - and all this from sponsored anglers.

Perhaps it's my turn to act like a Woman's wetter, they might have something properly to moan about then :-[
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

far to many sponsored anglers nowadays. as anyone tried running some matches on natural venues were sponsored anglers not allowed and cheaper pools with less payout just a thought as i cant be doing turning up for a match with a lot less bait and crap tackle compared to the luxury few sponsored anglers who get wot ever they want.you will only get your mr average back when its a level playing field.

good point mate Imagebut this is already happening in the club scene .i have clubs book the river and canal and if i haven't got another booking i say spread out ,they never want to do that its all about the banter with your mates.yes you are always going to get a few competitive anglers and most are over shadowed by the characters of the club as its not about the winning as there is never that much to win .aggregates are another good idea at the end of the season the top rod is the best prize in club fishing so you have to fish a full season to win anything Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

I gave my fishing up that day to run that match.
There was more than enough moaning anglers complaining how I dealt with the incident and my pegging.

I never pegged it and only knew there there was a slight hitch (that was all it was) when I arrived there about three minutes before the match started. That cost the League my sponsorship money, I am not putting up with that sh1t. Yet some feel it is fair game to mention it now.

The last match of the last winter league I received unrivalled sh1t yet again. Again I sponsored that match, yet I never had so much as one thanks from the Individual aggregate winner, - that was the money I put in.
After putting my money in matches for as long as I can remember there will be no more, you know too well who you can thank for that.

And then there was the Individual National, - surely you can see a common denominator here, - I crappity smacking well can.

I could mention more, - and all this from sponsored anglers.

Perhaps it's my turn to act like a lady thingy, they might have something properly to moan about then :-[

its good to get this off your chest bill as i know this has really effected you personally .i'm sure you will feel better with it off your chest your not the looser mate the league is  Image
you have taken too many steps backwards over this and now its time to forward and enjoy your angling again  Image Image
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Always good to get things off your chest bill Image Image

Going back to what someone posted on the other thread RE "the county champs" AT .......

If this is the only serious competition that organisation is throwing its considerable weight behind (encourages and rewards "full" time anglers that fish one puddle 3 or 4 times a week) then our arm of the sport is surely totally being ignored and thus being driven into decline ? Plus AT pulling out of the "team" oriented winter league ? This isnt an attack on AT by me whatsoever , just an example of how "decisions" are effecting natural venues imho.
Looking through several result sites certain areas of England are holding up pretty well especially the southern regions where there seems to be quite a few winter leagues taking place plus the midlands is holding up well as usual ...... the North West on the other hand is almost extinct apart from the north wales league (all on commies) !