If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

All our yesterdays............legend

For TK's trip down Memory Lane.

Moderator: TK

bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

I know which ones you mean TK, - still got some somewhere. These were far more bulbous than those; the swivel was pushed and glued into the fat end; best float I ever used for shallows. I did fish the rivers at one time Image Image Image Image Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

I did fish the rivers at one time

We'll have to get you 'sorted' for a sortie on a Cashmores Image visit to a bit of running water Bill Image
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: MaverBaitech
Sponsor: Maver / Baitech

Unread post by CHOPWORM HERO »

Must admit I used to really enjoy shallow fishing on rivers, mainly learnt on the Dove at Tutbury and used to look forward to the once a month Dove Open on a Saturday. It used to be 52 pegs sold out every month and tickets hard to come by ! I remember "The Bread man" winning a match on flake in a peg no deeper than a foot !! 90lb odd !!!!!!!!! Kingfisher will know him !!
I used Max winters chubbers which you could use either bottom end or double rubbers, light bulb shaped and still got some !!!!!!!
Also had some original Toppers for deeper pegs and still got them !!!! and still use em !!!
Happy Days Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

"The Bread man" winning a match on flake in a peg no deeper than a foot !! 90lb odd !!!!!!!!! Kingfisher will know him !!

Roy Walker? Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

Image Imagesorry boys i can't find them floats Image Image
trypewriter
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by trypewriter »

I reckon it could be Roy Walker - brilliant bread angler - also on the wasp grub too, though he reckoned he could never make it work on the Dove. The other great bread angler was the late Mick Bark who Kingfisher would definitely know, and I seem to remember him having a 90 lb haul from the upstream section so it might have been him. I've fished the same swim several times - it's a good barbel spot now. A lot of it is only about 1 ft deep, but there is a deeper hole of 6-7 ft at the bottom of the swim which is why the barbel are there - and still plenty of chub.
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

We'll have to get you 'sorted' for a sortie on a Cashmores visit to a bit of running water Bill

No need to TK, me crappity smack overflow is yellow stream out all over the crappity smack back yard; waiting for someone to come and fix it Image Image Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

whoops Image

bill just bend the stopcock a little ::) ::)somethimes works
trypewriter
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by trypewriter »

Similar advice as from Joff. Take the lid off the tank to check if the 'float' has jammed on the overflow pipe which lets water continually 'leak' into the tank. Free it and the problem should be solved. More fibre in your diet might help as well...