If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Wigston A.S. Open Matches - GUC Leicestershire

Upcoming Match Information and Venue Advice Here.
Nursey
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Wigston A.S.

Unread post by Nursey »

Dear All,

Just a reminder of open matches that Wigston A.S. are running this winter/spring on the Grand Union Canal in and around Leicester. Image Image

Sun 18th Dec:     Fur & Feather Open - Kilby Bridge
Sun 8th Jan:       Mick Holohan Memorial Open Kilby Bridge
Sun 22nd Jan:     Round 1 Pairs & Individual League
Sun 5th Feb:       Round 2 Pairs & Individual League
Sun 19th Feb:     Round 3 Pairs & Individual League
Sun 4th March:   Round 4 Pairs & Individual League
Sun 11th March:  Leic Canal Champs Open
Sun 18th March:  Round 5 Pairs & Individual League
Sun 1st April:      Round 6 Pairs & Individual League

For both the Pairs & Individual league, best 5 out of 6 matches will count.

£200 1st Prize for Top Pairs over the series
£100 for runner-up pairs
MAP Carptek 13ft Waggler Rod for top overall league Individual

Pairs entry fee for the series is £10 per pair payable on or before the 1st Match

£15 pools per person per match

No Bloodworm or Joker

8am Draws at Choice Cafe, Aylesone Road Leicester

Everyone welcome including those of you:

- With six fingers Image

- Virtual Internet match anglers Image

- Who can't climb over fences Image

- With questionable sexual preferences Image Image

- Who can no longer muster a team (we did not want you to be left out!) Image Image Image

- Who don't want to be sat too far away from the next angler Image

[center]To book-in as as a pair or individual, please contact Steve Oakes on 07941 361753.[/center]

[center][left]Cheers
Nursey Image[/left][/center]
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: MaverBaitech
Sponsor: Maver / Baitech

Unread post by CHOPWORM HERO »

Very good Adam :D
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

Leicester Sensas
SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS
sensas super pairs 2012
Nov 4th, 2011 at 4:34pm sensas super pairs will take place after christmas dates are
8th jan canal
22nd jan canal
5th feb canal
19th feb canal
bloodworm and joker £20 per pair to enter and £20 each match draws at the boat AC 8am please let me know if any pairs are interested
all these dates are between the river league that tony marshell is running on the river soar which are
jan 15th
jan 29th
feb 12th
feb 26th

Image Image Image Image Image Imagewell done at least it doesn't interfere with the river league Image Image Image Image
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Are Leicester putting a team in the river league Joff ?
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

i think they are mate Imagei suppose it will depend on where its pegged  ::)
the stainy pairs is on have you thought about going there rich its really is fishing well gaz smith has won his second on both with doubles the lowest weight in his section was 4lb 15oz and thats with a gale force wind on it between 15lb and 20lb to get in the money :o :o plus you have to get by lee Kerry and Alan scotthorne i think they were 1st and 2nd again ::) ::)
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Sounds good but my head ain't quite right for fishing at the mo, been to work the last two weeks, just not the matches to go to !! bit fed up of travelling and also not catching alot !! Lack of rain has really effected river sport this year ! (ok not on the dyke early doors ) however it has made me think about what I want from my day out and sooner that may become some more commercial fishing ! nothing else on Saturdays as regards rivers in the midlands, heard a few are going to Stourport but it would take an attendence for me to go ! Ah well back to work !!!!
Just remembered got to go to the Avon on Sat for the last round of the Barford league. Above the weir is my destination and fishing for a bite will be the order of the day !!! and I wonder why I am loosing interest !!!!! :'(
chris_buckingham
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by chris_buckingham »

i know what you mean rich desperate for some rain50 on the derwent this weekend not all will catch because of water level same on the little withern weights are down this year all because lack of rain Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

welcome to the club mate :-[ :-[I've been like that for a while that's why i got fed up with trying to organise matches, i needed to sort myself out and get my own angling in order and i know dodge feels the same. desperate times plus i can only go one day a weekend,i must admit i have loved my 2 or 3hrs fishing in the week perhaps its because its simple you catch or you don't Image.
i think whats going on in the world has a lot to do with it now choppy and with Christmas coming Image Imagethe moods are not going to change !
I've brought a wreake book now its a match every week through the winter between 20 and 40 anglers on them, ok its £26 up front but at least you have paid your pegging fees first. go into the spring i'l do the same as last year and fish a few commercials then i'l have a go at a few evesham matches, i feel i must keep up my all round fishing going and i know its a lot hard to win anything but i'm sure it will come back one day.
team fishing is another matter as you know we have had time out this year to see if the lads miss it :-/ :-/well i can't say we have missed much
no sensas final this year
no winter league this year
no summer league this year
can't see the national going a head for us unless team fishing turns into a smaller sized teams
but hay we will still fish evesham Image Image
thinking back perhaps i should of been one of the first to turn to commercials .as a individual there calender looks brilliant in three competitions alone you could win £155,000 and this is one reason why our calender has dropped off and my fishing is not all about money money money
bring back trophies and a little cash ;)
rant over
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by craftytafty »

Richie, go and see Tony and ask him how much he's enjoying his fishing, he won one of my matches at the weekend with 15lb of roach and perch. Now I know it wasn't a big match but we all caught some and it was good craic,
I had a poor weekend weight wise but even on satday although I didn't draw the best of pegs, I caught a few and could of caught more if I hadn't made mistakes, but I still felt I was in the race right till the end which for me is one of the main things. I've nothing against Commies but you will not say that very often on them.
I know some of you guys like bigger matches and over the years I've fished loads of big matches but I'm now enjoying my fishing loads more by just going where I can hopefully get a few bites and if I win a few quid great. Don't get me wrong I'm really intense during the match but I'm enjoying it for what it is now. last year I had started to lose sight of why I went fishing but now it's great again.
I'm not the best angler in the world and I'll never fish for england or be up with the Des Shipps of this world, but I do ok and am really enjoying my fishing now.
for me Carp in summer, silvers in winter. sorted!
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

bucko /choppy this year s lack of rain has done more damage than you think ,i can't see anglers returning to low and very clear rivers .sundays match at packington there was as many river anglers fishing as commercial anglers lads from the nene,avon and yes a couple from the wye as i heard them saying they couldn't afford the bait bill which is needed :D :D :Dcrazy really i'm sure Ivan would of been a commercial angler by now :-/ :-/
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

taff your right i do silverfish matches on commercials every week if there was one  Imagei know how hard you are trying to get full turn outs stick with it mate i'm sure as the word gets around how good the weights are it won't be long  Image Image
just get them on sundays Image Image Image
i spent too long chasing what i thought could happen in fishing a 50 peg match on a sunday local canal or river but it ain't going to now if brian runs this match on the canal it will be the only one before christmas as i'm to busy with the shop and that now comes first Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

all the best to adam for trying ,and if i don't get 20+ pairs on my league i will more than likely fish adams unless a silverfish league starts on a commercial Image Image
chris_buckingham
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

joff i disagree the matches i fish in winter on the rivers anglers are being turned away because sold out.and its not fishing well2 weeks ago i won with 18lb 14oz last week i won with 12lb 13oz im catching but theres alot who arent but they still keep going thats winter fishing on the river Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

joff i disagree the matches i fish in winter on the rivers anglers are being turned away because sold out.and its not fishing well2 weeks ago i won with 18lb 14oz last week i won with 12lb 13oz im catching but theres alot who arent but they still keep going thats winter fishing on the river Image Image
fair play mate iknow your always on rivers ,and you and your lads are proper hard core river anglers  Image Imagelike you said your on the derwent this weekend with 50 on it  :o :o your a special case  ;)but why turn anglers away
chris_buckingham
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

in winter on the river some areas are just devoid of fish so why put em in :-[ :-[
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

does anyone know if there are anymatches run round Shardlow on the river at this time of year. I know Vaughan Hill does some matches, ?
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

does anyone know if there are anymatches run round Shardlow on the river at this time of year. I know Vaughan Hill does some matches, ?

do they still fish the marina at shardlow ?????
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

people still fish it, it's solid with silvers and really popular with pikers. There's Zander in it and almost certainly Catfish.
They don't have matches now, not enough room ( mind you when I lived on there a few of us used to have knock ups, fish off the front of your own boat, it was brilliant I used to sit under the front canopy and bag with roach and perch 4 metres to hand!!!!)
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

thats a shame another good venue gone ,hear at barrow we have had a new marina built well three or four years now .the bloke said i could run a charity match on it but ive never taken him up on it .i bet its solid now Image
kirtons

Unread post by kirtons »

hi adam i contacted you a few months ago about these matches me and my mate are in,will ring to confirm