If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

carpin...

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
grover
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

carpin...

Unread post by grover »

as most of u lot fish for carp on the commie scene, i just wondered how many of you.. or do have a go for the bigger ones on club or syndicate waters where its a bit harder?
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

carpin...

Unread post by TK »

Not me Grover - in fact some would say I try to avoid em on commies :D probably cuss anything bigger than 4oz frightens the life out of me :D
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

carpin...

Unread post by joffmiester »

commies Image Image Image Image Image
thats about as bad as pellets Image Image Image Image Image
Mugger
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Happily retired.
Match Team/ Club: Maggotdrowning.com
Sponsor: Taxpayers.

carpin...

Unread post by Mugger »

I'll own up to owning carp rods, baitrunners, pod, buzzers and a bivvie. Image
:cheerleader :cheerleader Watch out, watch out, there's a Mugger about :cheerleader :cheerleader
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

carpin...

Unread post by Simple »

Mugger even went moggy hunting Image :D
grover
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

carpin...

Unread post by grover »

it can be time consuming if u get serious about it... but i guess u lot dont really get the time?
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

carpin...

Unread post by TK »

With other 'interests and commitments' Grover, I sometimes struggle to fit in club and grueller matches............tbh it's been at least two years since I fished a pleasure session
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

carpin...

club being harrisons social club and grueller matches............tbh it's been at least two years since I  fished a pleasure session 

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Arch
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

carpin...

Unread post by Arch »

Did a 4 day session at Bluebell last June. Never had a sniff, only 1 carp caught all weekend. The fish started spawning on the last morning so that was that.

Borrowed all the kit and wont be going again.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

carpin...

where we go in holland it has its own carp lakes a few times i've got up early and fished floating bread ;) its a special feeling when you get on on that tackle
but i did manage a few out of the moat in a match biggest was 17lb on a normal feeder gear
i'd love to catch a 40lb carp its just the waiting around for it that would do my head in
Arch
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

carpin...

Unread post by Arch »

Here you go Joff, my mates 42lb 8oz Common from Bluebell. He had a 38lb Mirror in the same session too.
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

carpin...

Unread post by bill yards »

Here you go Joff, my mates 42lb 8oz Common from Bluebell. He had a 38lb Mirror in the same session too.

Bread punch?
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

carpin...

what a beast :o :o :o must be a great feeling Image
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

carpin...

Unread post by craftytafty »

i'd love to catch a 40lb carp its just the waiting around for it  that would do my head in

What, with the way you draw Joff you'd catch more carp than Terry Hearn lol Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

carpin...

Unread post by MrV »

I go for a week abroad with a group of mates off Maggotdrowners. Bought some bits of basic gear, and it only sees the light of day for one week a year.  ::)
Managed 3 lovely fish on my first trip to France, smallest 22lb and biggest a stunning 32lb mirror.  ::)
Last year we went to Belgium, but chose a bad week (according to the experts I go with)  :D due to the Carp spawning all week.
One lad had seven grass carp around 10lb apiece, and I caught the only proper carp, a stunning Common of 53lb 6oz  Image Theres a piccie of it somewhere on this site.
Its a nice relaxing "social week" in good company, and i now look forward to it annually.  :)
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

carpin...

Unread post by bill yards »

[quote]I go for a week abroad with a group of mates off Maggotdrowners. Bought some bits of basic gear, and it only sees the light of day for one week a year.
Managed 3 lovely fish on my first trip to France, smallest 22lb and biggest a stunning 32lb mirror.
Last year we went to Belgium, but chose a bad week (according to the experts I go with) due to the Carp spawning all week.
One lad had seven grass carp around 10lb apiece, and I caught the only proper carp, a stunning Common of 53lb 6oz Theres a piccie of it somewhere on this site.
Its a nice relaxing "social week" in good company, and i now look forward to it annually. [/quoteI went to Rugeley and had crappity smack all
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

carpin...

Unread post by MrV »

I go for a week abroad with a group of mates off Maggotdrowners. Bought some bits of basic gear, and it only sees the light of day for one week a year. 
Managed 3 lovely fish on my first trip to France, smallest 22lb and biggest a stunning 32lb mirror. 
Last year we went to Belgium, but chose a bad week (according to the experts I go with)   due to the Carp spawning all week.
One lad had seven grass carp around 10lb apiece, and I caught the only proper carp, a stunning Common of 53lb 6oz   Theres a piccie of it somewhere on this site.
Its a nice relaxing "social week" in good company, and i now look forward to it annually.   [/quoteI went to Rugeley and had crappity smack all

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image