If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

angling corespondents

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

angling corespondents

Unread post by joffmiester »

all ANGLING TIMES match fishing corespondents find themselves out of a job
Richard grange is the solo man at the helm now Image
not being funny but is another nail in the coffin of match angling
i miss understood when AT contacted me this morning i assumed KEN wade and jacks were hanging up the pens and paper
i've spoke to ken today wishing him all the best then realizing all the corespondents have gone at least 10
Image Image Image
i'm sorry but this taking cuts above and beyond, it will be a massive work load for one person .
i think the Angling times have got this totally wrong Image Image Image Image
TerryC

angling corespondents

Unread post by TerryC »

Bad Times. :(
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

angling corespondents

Unread post by Dodge »

Confirmed on TF by AT Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

angling corespondents

just had a look at the reply you got dodge ,i think it could include what a good jobs these guys had done for the last 30 years :-/ :-/ :-/
TerryC

angling corespondents

Unread post by TerryC »

I'll do that Joff, thanks lads for all the work you have done on evenings and weekends, keeping every match angler up and down the country informed and up to date every week, lets just hope its a temporary measure and things pick up again soon. Image
Times are hard for all the print media at the moment, not just the angling press, my local paper is talking about redundancies and department closures, bad times. :(
Maybe the angling websites will pick up the challenge and add a results service? ;)
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

angling corespondents

terry i think its going that way you only have to look at the numbers using them now-er days
specially with mr bones attack on websites tells you all magazines are under pressure .lucky for match fishing they are up and running with there online media service and i'm sure alex will try to pull some space for match results  Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

angling corespondents

Report this postReply with quote
Re: Is It True Angling Times Have Sacked .....by Abi » Richard Grange, our match editor, is now taking all match results direct. You can email him with results on anglingtimes@hotmail.com or call him on 01733 395109 to discuss submitting results. Last weekend was the first weekend of the change, so in tomorrow's issue all results would have been collected by Richard.

See our previous post from last week -

"On behalf of Richard Grange, AT Match Editor - AT often gets a slating for its indifferent match coverage through the year and on occasion this has been rightly justified but like any business we’re always trying to improve the service we provide our readers, which by our own admission hasn’t been the best it could be of late. So, starting this weekend (January 7/8) Angling Times is changing the way it collects open match results. This will be carried out in house so if any of you match organisers out there have a match result to report but don’t know where to report it, the process has been simplified. Midweek results can be phoned through direct to the AT offices on 01733 395109 while weekend matches can be sent via e-mail to anglingtimes@hotmail.com – remember, this weekend also marks the start of point scoring for the County Championships too so if you’ve got a result to get in the paper we’re all ears – no reasonable result will be refused!"

Hope that helps
TerryC

angling corespondents

Unread post by TerryC »

Thanks Joff, Richard Grange is a top geezer but that's a lot of work to come through one telephone line and one email address.
I hope I'm wrong but I think a lot of match organisers/fishery owners won't bother now.
They used to moan about ringing them in to the regional reporters, I can't see them sitting down typing them after a long day at the fishery. :-/