If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

river venues

Upcoming Match Information and Venue Advice Here.
leeben1
Match Team/ Club: sensas MAS
Sponsor: sensas MAS

river venues

Unread post by leeben1 »

could anyone recommend sections of the trent around notts that could cater for 24 pegs,with a short or no walks (i know,i know :-/) for a club match,must be a short walk at the most,otherwise the moaners will get there own way and it will be a fixture list full of commies!! :'(,cheers if you can help guys
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

river venues

Unread post by TK »

Has it gotta be Notts Leeben1?

Notice your Derby 'association' - Derby Railway have got Swarkestone - park behind nearly every peg Image
leeben1

river venues

Unread post by leeben1 »

got that section as an option t.k. and a section of the prides water at shardlow,just want to put forward as many as poss. in order to stop any excuses from the match secratery,the club will travel to notts for a carp match so the distance isnt a problem Image,does newark still fish?
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

river venues

Unread post by TK »

Cant help with that one Leeben - it's been 25 years plus since I fished that way on - practising for the national etc.

Coming from Walsall its a bit too far for us to venture for club matches so Shardlow is as far as we really venture on the Trent

Only can really add that upstream there's a couple of the Coors sections at Burton that you can park behind - so over to someone else to advise re Newark etc
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

river venues

Unread post by MrV »

Dont know what the fishings like up there nowadays, but in my "Yoof" living in Gods Country, we used to travel the short distance to places like Walter Bowers stretch at Muskham, and the tidal stretches where there always seemed to be short walks on the club matches. Image
jim123

river venues

Unread post by jim123 »

You have got the stretch at Farndon i think its called the weir field park behind your peg there,that belongs Newark Fed
Copo

river venues

Unread post by Copo »

I know you said Nottingham, but if you could get down to Tamworth you could fish the Dothill section of the Tame, car parking there (you have to pay) and the walks are not too far, some will be yards from their cars.
Pedro
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

river venues

Unread post by Pedro »

Road stretch at burton joyce..Ashfield Angling control neslon field right up to weir at stoke badolph.
Unfortunately theres no fishing at walter bowers as they build a housing estate around lakes blocking access down to trent. Image  :'(

Good luck catch it wiv a couple of foot of extra in and it'll fish well.
leeben1

river venues

Unread post by leeben1 »

thanks chaps Image