If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

ice ice baby

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

ice ice baby

Unread post by joffmiester »

well i said I'd never breaker ice again  ::) ::)well guess what i ended up helping the blokes either side brake there's thanks to tony barker lending me his breaker as mine sat on the driver all day until i returned home Image Image
i have only a couple of photos and will put them on later
apart from leaving my ice breaker at home the day started ok robs van had failed to start so a quick detour to pick him up and then we were off Image Image
looking at the lakes and canals on the way we both thought it might be frozen  Image Imageand when we arrived at the cafe the news that it was soon spread around Image Image Image
by the way what a cafe :o :o :o brilliant brekkie  Image Image
having no idea where we were going we split the tackle up and paired off into the right sections.dead easy when you take mark godfreys directions  Image Image

arrived at my section and kingfisher had drawn B section and filled me in about the pegs although he'd been fishing up there in the week, it wasn't going to matter too much as it was -2 most of the pegs had cat ice on them which was pretty  quick to clear
normal top kits were set up and i'd sorted where and had pictured how i wanted the day to go  ::) ::) ::)
one line 120ml one line 50ml one down the middle and a 4metre

the chap to my right was going to fish bread which i had with me but had not planned to use it  :-/ :-/this put a doubt in my thinking when he lost two roach on the trot .so a bread line was made  Image Imagetwo hours into the match i hadn't had a bite the rest of my team had all caught [so no pressure there then] tony barker and myself were both blanking as even the chap between us caught  a roach on bread  Image Imagei couldn't believe that i couldn't get a bite on bread i even stared lines up at 14mtrs in the shallow water thinking it might warm up with the sun on the far bank  Image Imagebut no just couldn't bye a bite  Image Image
in the cafe before the draw we'd been talking about lobby perch on the erewash canal and tony barker said he'd often had perch on double bloodworm over the top of his lobby line  :o :o this crossed my  mind so i tried it and thinking about it 22s 0.6 hook length perhaps wasn't the right tackle  Image Imagewell it went under no2s shot out  Image Image Imageall that crossed my mind was why why why use that rig  Image Imagelucky the peg had no snags and the hook stayed in and the fish graced the waiting net after i had managed to get off the frozen bank Image Imagenot the biggest perch 9oz but probably the best timed perch I'd caught  Imagein the last hour my two 14metre lines gave me two small roach on bread for a total of 10oz and 6th in my 12pegs
the rest of the team had better days with Aaron wells coming second in the match Gary smith first out the money and roger Marlow caught 12oz for 3rd in the section
the team had won the day with 12points  Image Image Image
a great start to the series the match was well run and managed to catch up with some old faces yet again
Stu naylor won the match with5lb 10oz looks like he's on fire  Image Image
thanks to ted great league Image Image 
a_foster
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

ice ice baby

Unread post by a_foster »

it fished hard in places didn,t it joff, there was one or two dry nets :o
well done to your lads, did well on the day Image
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

ice ice baby

Unread post by Woodhouse »

Looks like the mighty Leicester sensas are back with a vengeance, well done lads.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

ice ice baby

tony you did well yourself 178 fish blitz the middle of the section shame about the size mate :-/
did you see the fish topping on the otherside of the bridge :D :D crazy still thats what makes us go
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

ice ice baby

Looks like the mighty Leicester sensas are back with a vengeance, well done lads.
looks like we should stick to canals lee Image Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

ice ice baby

Unread post by TK »

Nice report Joffie and a couple of good snaps that record the conditions Image
dazzla
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Sensas

ice ice baby

Unread post by dazzla »

Well done Joff , the likely lada are back !
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

ice ice baby

Nice report Joffie and a couple of good snaps that record the conditions  Image

tk i'd of liked to of taken more but it was that cold i had to snap my lob-worms in half and soak them in my coffee Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

ice ice baby

Well done Joff , the likely lada are back !
cheers dazzla
dan_ashington

ice ice baby

Unread post by dan_ashington »

Flipping Dazzla, heard it all now. That is a nick name for a young lad. :D :D
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

ice ice baby

Flipping Dazzla, heard it all now. That is a nick name for a young lad.  :D :D

Image Image Imagethat's what i thought Danny Imageat least the contribution's will be worth it when they start rolling in Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

ice ice baby

Burton Winter League, Trent and Mersey Canal,  Burton Upon Trent,  Staffordshire,  Sun. 46.  Stuart Naylor  (Mill Tackle[highlight][/highlight])  5-11-0,  all small roach and perch,  poled joker,  Mill House section;  Aaron Wells  (Leicestrer Sensas)  5-8-0;  Dave Walkerdine  (Old Goats)  3-13-7;  Alex Powell  (Browning Central)  3-10-0;  Gaz Smith  (Leicester Sensas)  3-8-10;  Roy Bumstead  (Burton Lads)  3-0-7.  Teams: Leicester Sensas B 12;  Old Goats and Shakespeare Superteam both 17;  Four Shins 18;  Burton lads 23;  Burton Angling Supplies 26.

joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

ice ice baby

Erewash Valley Winter League, Round Four, Erewash Canal, Tamworth Road, Long Eaton, Derbyshire, Sat. 68. Darran Bickerton (Kamasan Starlets) 8-10-0, perch to 1 lb 8 oz, chopped worm and caster, peg 81; Jim Clayton (Matchmen Supplies) 6-13-0; Lee Wright (Dynamite Baits Trentman) 6-7-8; Alistair Chisholm (Shakespeare Superteam) 6-3-0; Phil Turner (Matchmen Supplies) 6-0-0; Matt Hall (Mill Tackle) 5-15-0. Teams: Matchmen Supplies 21; Kamasan Starlets 30; Maver Bait Tech 39; Shakespeare Superteam 39; Mill Tackle 42; Dynamite Trentman 45. League: Shakespeare Superteam 6; Maver Bait Tech 11; Dynamite Trentman 17; Mill Tackle 17; Matchmen Supplies 18; Kamasan Starlets 19.
old_trentman

ice ice baby

Unread post by old_trentman »

well Joff that was cold, :'( :'( :'( still was nice to be back on the matches again .Had been and fished were i was to seat for 5 hours on the Friday and got very little so had got to change my ideas somewot , no roach 2 be had . plan to feed very little and fish for perch if i get one it might be small or large has luck would have it i had 3 bites 3 perch for 2 lb 30z which won the section Image all them phone calls to CWH on how fish THEM BIG WORMS :D :D THANKS MATE . roll on the next round WELL DONE TO YOUR TEAM JOFF GOOD WIN
a_foster
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

ice ice baby

Unread post by a_foster »

tony you did well yourself 178 fish blitz the middle of the section shame about the size mate  :-/
did you see the fish topping on the otherside of the bridge  :D :D crazy still thats what makes us go

that was my m8 kev joff, all them fish weighed 1-13-10  :o
there was loads of fish topping in front of the pub
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

ice ice baby

Unread post by Dodge »

Is that the Woodyard up through the small bridge ? Seen some good weights of stamp roach come from there on the Warks WL. Bush peg at the other bridge always threw up a weight aswell .
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

ice ice baby

BUSH PEG NEAR THE BRIDGE Image Image Imagewhich side dodge i thought tony barker had the peg but i had a little bush Image Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

ice ice baby

Unread post by bill yards »

but i had a little bush

Always suspected sumat Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good