If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

joff has

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

joff has

Unread post by joffmiester »

GONE FISHING TODAY Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
grover
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

joff has

Unread post by grover »

dunno where you've gone? but hope the weather is kind and you bag up joff
Waveney_One

joff has

Unread post by Waveney_One »

Hope that you had a good day mate!
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

joff has

Unread post by Simple »

Look forward to the report. Hope you took your camera, mind you it takes 5 minutes to load a picture with this connection Image
Chris V
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

joff has

Unread post by Chris V »

Is that it?? Joff`s gone fishing today?? Image

crappity smack me i need to tie some hooks.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

joff has

better than chucking in boilies at barston  Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

joff has

i left here at 9.30am just to let the motorway calm down a little piled the kit in the car i thought that would be a little quicker than the van .but just north of Nottingham the traffic came to a halt and i mean halt everyone stood next to there cars Image Imagestill it wasn't long before it got going and i was on my way
arrived just after 11am and knew where i wanted to go, and luckily it was a section with the path on the other side so nobody really bothers to walk down it .else where there were plenty of anglers practicing i think barnsley must be living on the water :D :D :D
i took my matchbox with one thing in mind the waggler Image Imagei sat on a peg halfway down the section it had some lush green reeds along the far bank ,i set a 3AAA waggler with a few ten down the line a landing net and keepnet and one side tray with some casters,maggot and hemp
i started fishing at midday and for a start i had no indications and the wind was course for concern as it was straight down making loose feeding hard after a hour I'd had what i thought was a bite with maggot crushed :oso i upped the feed just like i did Sunday and with in ten minutes i was playing my first chub after a good battle it was in the net a 4lb beauty Image the trouble was a couple had stood on the far bank where the path is and watched me land it Image Imageit took about an hour to get another on again it must of been 4lb fin perfect after that i missed a bite again a chub bite so i swallowed up and instantly i put two more in the net ,right at this point the bailiff came down Image Image what do i do Image Image so i fished down the middle but kept feeding i did have a bite but i thought it only a small fish .
when he left i was straight back into another chub but this one too me everywhere :o :o and was the prize of the day i only wished i'd got scales with me it must of been close to 6lb if not more and again this brought quite a bit of attention from the other bank but this time it didn't make any difference only the time it took for them to walk off i ended the day with 9 chub that might of gone 30lb plus and probably the best afternoons fishing I've had for a number of years Image Image
i haven't any picture for the pure fact the camera had no charge Imageand that's after charging it all night the night before as i wanted to post them Imagestill i can' do that until the PC is plumb up at home as this system i haven't put my photo's on Image Image
yet i was told it fished really crap on Wednesday :-/ :-/ :-/
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

joff has

Unread post by Dodge »

It fishes crap when a match is on it thats why pleasure fishin the venue is a waste of time joff Image Image. Some huge pike were taking roach we were hooking on the sections we fished ....... the bream we caught were too big tho ! Image Image Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

joff has

believe it or not i wanted to go dodge after seeing those chub caught last week, nothing to do with practicing for the national mate Image Image
theres nothing like catching on a waggler mate Image
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

joff has

Unread post by Dodge »

believe it or not i wanted to go dodge after seeing those chub caught last week, nothing to do with practicing for the national mate Image Image

Must have been narrower where you fished joff  Image Image crappity smackin nearly 50 mtrs wide the sections we fished !  Image Image :D
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

joff has

Unread post by bill yards »

Must have been narrower where you fished joff crappity smackin nearly 50 mtrs wide the sections we fished !

Dodge, you're s'pose to get off the M1 at Donny not crappity smack carry on until you reach the North Sea Image Image
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

joff has

Unread post by Dodge »

Must have been narrower where you fished joff    crappity smackin nearly 50 mtrs wide the sections we fished !

Dodge, you're s'pose to get off the M1 at Donny not crappity smack carry on until you reach the North Sea Image Image

Sh!t ! i thought it was very deep and couldnt believe the amount of dabs we caught on squatt ! Image Image ::) Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

joff has

Must have been narrower where you fished joff  Image Image crappity smackin nearly 50 mtrs wide the sections we fished !  Image Image :D

ya you were fishing in skimmervil Imageshallow as well you wait till you get in the 400s :o :o :o
bill can tell you all about that section Image Image Image Image
after spending hours trying to put hundreds of 13s on his 10ft rigs and thousands of no13s all over the floor Image Image Imagehe drew that end where he could of got away with his shroppie rigs Image Image Image Image
dib dib dib be prepared Image Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

joff has

drawn peg 3 on my way, they say i could catch 10lb of gudgeon Image Image Imageits the fu#king trent Image Imageblackberry update later Image Image Image
petebagup
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament
Match Team/ Club: Long Eaton Fed

joff has

Unread post by petebagup »

Blimey Joff must be in a time warp :D

Has he been beamed back to the Soar in the 80s or the Liecester line bridge on the Trent at Drakelow? ::)

10lb of gorillas hmmmmmmmmmmm Image

We await the result Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

joff has

Unread post by TK »

on the Trent at Drakelow?

Happy days Petebagup Image

Just changing tack slightly on this thread, can you remember who had the record catch (weightwise) of all gonks at Drakelow?
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

joff has

Unread post by bill yards »

Just changing tack slightly on this thread, can you remember who had the record catch (weightwise) of all gonks at Drakelow?

I can remember a fella named Ron Cartwight from Long Eaton having 29 lb odd of gudgeon on the Trent, I think it was at Shelford. He never used a pole but locked his centrepin and fished windmill style. Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

joff has

Blimey Joff must be in a time warp :D

Has he been beamed back to the Soar in the 80s or the Liecester line bridge on the Trent at Drakelow? ::)

10lb of gorillas hmmmmmmmmmmm Image

We await the result Image

Image Image Imagewell i ended the day with 16lb 4oz didn't win a penny but had agreat days fishing gudgeon me wobbly cheeks!!! wag and mag dace roach few skimmers ::) ::)owe a 6lb bream as well Image Image Image cliffton has really come back into its own 19 fished the match one above the bridge fished for barbel and had two for 27lb :o :oi think 22lb 2nd three bream Imagenot too far away from me then it went two 18lbs 17lbs10oz 17lb6oz so the trent is brill at the moment
Arch
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

joff has

Unread post by Arch »

Clifton bridge, my first ever proper fishing trip. No Barbel then.

Good memories.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

joff has

talking about gudgeon i remember barry chaplin catching 21lb something at maynal road and tieing for first in the section with ron stacey with the same weight of roach :o :o everyone that day had over 8lb in the section
again a match at sutton where we used to spend more time cutting holes in the lillies to catch gudgeon at 2 to 3 metres :o
we used to fill the old green bait boxes with G/B and gravel ship it out with the landing net and fish over it ,very often you'd catch 10lb plus like that Image Image
i remember trev tomlin fishing a homemade slider and winning a match on the soar with 15lb
the only thing you'd catch now is 20lb of crayfish Image Image Image Image Image