If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

new junction canal

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

new junction canal

Unread post by joffmiester »

yesterday me and a few lads went to have a look at the new junction canal what a top looking venue and it hadn't changed much from the last time we were there .we started of having a drive around the length from top to bottom and all my old maps hadn't changed with the peg numbers on that's a result .we then stopped for a breakfast and a chat andi must say £3.99 for a proper big breakfast at that
from there we set off to fish and my path crossed with a few old friends i hadn't seen foragers so be-time we started it was 11.30am not a ripple on the water only the ones that the fish had made
we couldn't wait to start we all started off differently i fished short medium long the lad to my left started med and long and so on some started on a waggler some tried the feeder i balled one line where as some cupped it
as the session went on non of us could believe it,we only had a handful of fish between us Image Imageso i phoned my mate up who was fishing with his lads further up the canal only to be told the same old story ,as they were really struggling Image Image 17lb had won the day before as well it was really strange no one could buy a bite until about three hours into the session and even then they weren't queuing up we fished until 4.30pm and the top weight was 4lb15oz :-/pretty poor I'd say. i know we hadn't fished good pegs 212 upwards but I'd of thought it should of been better than that
i carried on for a while after as the lads grouped around basically messing around feeding squatt and hemp when out of the blue i started catching roach and a proper stamp fish as well Imageits amazing how often this happens to venues its just the time of day Image Imagestill it gave me a good idea about rigs and stuff but with the venue being fished Wednesdays Saturdays and Sundays in matches plus practicing i think it will like most nationals HARD Image Image Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

new junction canal

Unread post by bill yards »

I sopke to one guy on this site but I won't mentioned DE's name, he managed two perch but the good news they came at regular intervals
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Paul_Murrin
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

new junction canal

Unread post by Paul_Murrin »

I spoke to D.E also yesterday he told me it were solid Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

new junction canal

Image Image Imagetoo right bill it was a great colour in fact everything looked right Image Image i wished i'd of taken some bread as well
the fish certanly didn't want squatts pinkies or maggots at the start :-/
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

new junction canal

I spoke to D.E also yesterday he told me it were solid Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

YA solid with bikers runners and dog walkers!!! NOW that has changed since i was last there Image Imageits now a trail for walkers and bikes
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

new junction canal

EELS what crappity smack EELS must of spoken to twenty lads yesterday non had caught a eel Image Image Imageso they crappity smack Image Imageoff as well
samsman

new junction canal

Unread post by samsman »

I sopke to one guy on this site but I won't mentioned DE's name, he managed two perch but the good news they came at regular intervals
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
thats the last time i disclose vital team info to you twat :D and i'll also have you know that they came on two seperate methods, so thats me sorted for the national. it's some other poor crappity smack turn next. Image
and as for you murf, well just because you've got a fancy new hat & t shirt(xxl) doesn't mean you can gloat in other peoples failures Image
the queen
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: D.N.W

new junction canal

Unread post by the queen »

Seems to me that all these natural venues that have nationals on, just don't take pressure anymore.. I can understand that clubs welcome the revenue from peg fees in practise opens leading up to the national, but believe me it's gotta be looked at (maybe no matches for a fortnight before the national) or it will spend the end of nationals, the fishing isn't what it used to be for what reason who knows? cleaner waters,more predation etc... we're ruining it for our selves hammering a venue like we do.. at the end of the day it's an expensive match to fish which for many will be really dissapointed.. I think with a little common sense it could be made a better event. One that you should look forward too and not dread!
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

new junction canal

its all on the new junction I've just spoke to Paul one of the organisers and he's disappointed that they won't spread out onto the other canal for some reason, whether numbers have dropped this year and teams can't be bothered who knows
when i told him what we had caught ,he said well it won't get any better than that come the national  Image Imagesome pegs will be 10yards apart  Image Image
matches are every wednesday,saturday and sunday right up to the day :D :D :D
it takes half a tank of juice to get there to catch crappity smack all Image Image
samsman

new junction canal

Unread post by samsman »

Seems to me that all these natural venues that have nationals on, just don't take pressure anymore.. I can understand that clubs welcome the revenue from peg fees in practise opens leading up to the national, but believe me it's gotta be looked at (maybe no matches for a fortnight before the national) or it will spend the end of nationals, the fishing isn't what it used to be for what reason who knows? cleaner waters,more predation etc... we're ruining it for our selves hammering a venue like we do.. at the end of the day it's an expensive match to fish which for many will be really dissapointed.. I think with a little common sense it could be made a better event. One that you should look forward too and not dread!
i know what your saying about pressure affecting venues ,but this was only the second practise match!! :-X
although i couldn't catch there were plenty of fish topping so i can only assume they're feeding on natural food(fly hatch may be) and it'll get better,but i doubt it. the water was very clear too and i think this will be more of a problem if it doesn't change.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

new junction canal

DAVE PLENTY OF FISH TOPPING SUNDAY!! couldn't buy a bite off them Image Imageyet on the aire and calder canal the average weight yesterday was 2kg Image Image
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

new junction canal

Unread post by Dodge »

Who wrote that for queenie ???? has he been going to night school ???? Image Image Image Image Image Image :D