If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Twyford Farm

Upcoming Match Information and Venue Advice Here.
paul_brown
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Twyford Farm

Unread post by paul_brown »

Hi all

Has anyone fished the Avon at Twyford Farm lately???

Got a contest there next wk and was after any info that I can glean of all you cracks Image Image out there.

General info depth baits etc would be welcomed. As far as I know we have pegs 1-40

Thanks Image Image Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Twyford Farm

Unread post by MrV »

Send a PM to MarkV. hes the Avon correspondent Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Twyford Farm

Unread post by TK »

By reports Ive read elsewhere hope theyve carried out a bit of work on the track down GB - take it steady.......
Bullah
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Twyford Farm

Unread post by Bullah »

Last Time I fished it, i walked the match with between 3 and 4lb.... it was so bad, they saw my bag of fish, gave me the pols money and didnt bother weighing in.... never went with that club again after that lol... but the fishing was dire
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Twyford Farm

Unread post by TK »

A good write up from our chief scribe MarkV from a Cashmores match two years ago..........

YaBB.pl?num=1246180653

Things may have changed - or perhaps we caught it on an off day.......... :-/
MarkV
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Twyford Farm

Unread post by MarkV »

I'm out of touch with that section, haven't been since our last match.

Rest assured, that by 'todays standards' it'll be a 'struggle', but there are fish to be caught.

It's the doing it thats the problem. Take a look at Evesham. Wayne Swinscoe, has it right when he writes that 8lb is a good weight there.

Downsize that for us lesser mortals and you're looking at 3-5lb makes you a happy chappy, or not, as the case may be lol.

I'd find it interesting fishing, but, sadly I think its almost an impossible task for people used to fishing commercials to suddenly switch to a tough river and either enjoy it, or have the knack of cracking it.

Fished my first Avon match since that last Cashmores outing to Twyford last week, in Warwick. Things are looking up !

Started off like a train for first two hours, well like a train for the Avon. 3lb in two hours, thinking 7lb and I could win it.

When the sun got high in the sky approaching midday it switched off and others reported the same. Rock hard last couple of hours.

Dust off them scratching skills and have a gud 'un  :D
paul_brown
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Twyford Farm

Unread post by paul_brown »

Thanks guys -- will be glad to get back to a "decent" river venue after last couple of scratches.

Will let you know how I get on -- good or bad
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: MaverBaitech
Sponsor: Maver / Baitech

Twyford Farm

Unread post by CHOPWORM HERO »

Hope this helps !
Twyford should be good for mixed bags. Try chopworm just at the bottom of the first shelf, feed a big bait dropper full of casters and chopped dens. Fish lobby tail on a size 12 / 0.16mm line. For the 13m line I would feed bronze maggot with a spread shot rig that you could also bulk down if necs. I would also start feeding hemp after an hour on the 13m line if I was picking up roach on the maggot rig. Hook size 20 / 0.08mm line. These rigs are 4 / 14's and 4 / 16's, wire stem, one with a slightly bulbous body to hold back and the other a slim one to run at pace / lift and drop.
For over I would fish a waggler with enough 10's to spread out shot , 1 10 for every foot, up to 8 ft.
Start at half depth and work down.
At the start of the match I would feed chop worm / caster at the bottom of the slope 5m / 8m.
I would feed the 13m line with loose feed bronze maggots, 10 every 2 mins.
I would then start on the wag at half depth to catch chublets, dace, perch, roach. Remember to deepen off a foot at a time. Feed 15 to 20 maggots a cast on this and see how it shapes up. hook size 20 / 0.10 mm line.
After 20 mins have a look on the chop worm rig fished overdepth by 4 inches. The rig must not be too heavy just enough to hold back. You should get a few perch, by lifting and dropping the bait, fish it out and re-feed the next visit 20 mins again.You should keep feeding the other lines and if the wag was productive keep on it for a while as it will help build the long pole line. Expect an eel on the next visit to the worm line and if this is the case try for another (5mins max) then re-feed. If all goes well you might not have to go on the 13m line for at least an hour. From there keep feeding all lines and rotate.
The only other change you could make is the 13m line to a maggot eel line, in this case it's 10,s elastic, instead of 5,s. Fish no finer than 0.12mm for eels. Bait dropper 1/4 pint of maggots in exact position where your held back bait will be, about 1 foot overdepth.
I would do this if the line was not responding to my loose feed.
Then again if roach present on the 13m line my inclusion of hemp could see me only feeding this towards mid match gradually cutting the maggot out and looking to catch on it, soon after !
Have a good day !
I forgot to you about the barbel !
They are present and can be caught on pellet / pva bag etc.
It's a bit hit and miss and I think there are more barbel above the part you are on. Anyway if there's one in your peg you will hook it on the maggot 13m line, hopefully with a 18 / 0.16mm eel rig which should give you an excellent chance of getting it in !!
Good Luck !