If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

hooks n bait

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
grover
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

hooks n bait

Unread post by grover »

me again..right im tying up some pole rigs to give the pellet a go, what i need to know is what brand/size hooks i need to buy? say for 4/6/8mm hookbaits, ive got some sonu s pellets in 6/8mm are these any good?..and what feed pellets? ive got some ccmoores betaines in 6mm would these be ok if i soak em,or do i need a dedicated feed pellet,if so what ones..but you gotta bear in mind all the shops round here are carp,and not match..cheers
Josh1337
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

hooks n bait

Unread post by Josh1337 »

Hi grover,

I'd recommend a size 14-16 with those, I take it those are the jelly ones? - and for feed I use skrettings micros/4mms depending on what venue ect.. If you can get your hands on some 'ringers bag up - next generation' try those at 6mm, seem to be biting all day with those on the commies :D
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

hooks n bait

Unread post by Simple »

I use tubertini 175's size 3 for pellets when catching carp.(I use size 4 which are a tad bigger at Rolfs) Very good hooks. For smaller carp and skimmers I use tubertini 808's size 16. This is for 6 and 8mm soft pellets.
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: ENGLISH AND PROUD

hooks n bait

Unread post by me »

animals all the way. for 4/6/8 mm pellets depending on the size of fish im targeting i use either a 16 or 14
Image Image
grover
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

hooks n bait

Unread post by grover »

its not a commies lake,,as we only put in 43.. 2lbers in..its got a good few bream in it though and the odd tench..an average depth of about 11ft and about 1.5 acres..very overgrown and a good few turk crayfish! its ideal for the pole..i just wanna get a few of these carp/bream going on the pellet, been watching on you tube for tips but ive no idea what brand hooks and feed pellet.
jay

hooks n bait

Unread post by jay »

kamasan b911s or the preston pr36 is what i use for my pellet fishing, really strong hooks for carp and bream of all sizes, ive had carp to 18lb on b911s in a 16, and never go bigger than 12 really for all my fishing, i dont believe theres any need to as long as your elastic is set up correctly. Image