If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Sensas Challenge Final Abbeville France 2011

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Dont know where to start ?  ;)  Image Image Image Image

Legendary few days in France  Image Image 260 teams of 4 from all over europe competed on the River Somme over 2days.  Joff was a gentleman and top bloke as always  Image Image 8-) Image ...... we bumped into Danny Ashington a few times !  Image Image Image Image well done on day 1 Dan  ;)  Image Image  and somehow Will Raison and the Dorking lads were in the same place as us everyday ????  even the poshest restaurant in Abbeville !  8-) 8-)  Image Image  Image Image Image  Image

Heard Starlets did very well over the 2 days  Image Image

Ted Carter Southport finished in 81st position from 260 even with a blank on each day ...... massive well done boys !   ;)  Image Image  Image

And finally on bahalf of all the lads a massive thanks to Chris Gorrell who organised everything including the magnificent digs (farmhouse) near to Abbeville .....

Well in mate ! ;) 8-) Image
Gorrell80

Unread post by Gorrell80 »

Lads it was a pleasure from start to finish!

We had a great time, caught a few and certainly had our eyes open!

The banter and events were non-stop!

Young David "same undies" telling us he could speak fluent French! Gav telling a french man he catches Barbel on spinners in England! Broken pole sections (mainly number 7`s - ask Dodge) from eager anglers! Fish with your kebabs! Swinging Perch, Trips via Paris! Germans falling in during the balling in period! It goes on and on!

Well done to everyone and thanks Danny Ashington for the info!

A blog will appear on the TC :) websiste along with a few photos over the next week or so!

Chris.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

GLAD YOUR SAFE AND AT HOME WHAT A CRACK Image Imagenice to meet you lads i hope you didn't buy the tackle shop out of those flat floats
how about the kit on show :o :o :o :o :o everyone is like a walking tackle shop Image Image
i managed to dig some pole floats out of one or two of them Image Image
what a river Image
I've said to john and Christophe we will try and return and have a rematch 30 v30 if your up for it mind you we will be lost on that river Image Image
one thing is for sure our fishing is going backwards since the commercials have popped up, but the European circuit is massive
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

The banter and events were non-stop!

I cant believe mozzer went down the "wrong" exit on a French toll road and then blamed his co pilot ! Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Gorrell80

Unread post by Gorrell80 »

Good times Dodge! We`ll never forget that one mate! Image
Paul_Murrin
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by Paul_Murrin »

Image Well Done Lads sounds like you all really enjoyed yourselves  Image
dan_ashington

Unread post by dan_ashington »

Great few days, and nice to meet you lads. The fishing was very bad in areas but was always going to with so many anglers on the bank. Sunday I got to my peg at 7.30 still dark and you could just make out that bream were topping all over the river from 8m out, all the anglers the day before in that area all blankedo, needless to say that once it got light never seen another fish top and 7 of us in a row blanked with only 5 out the 16 catching a fish, scotts section only had 2 catchers so this left us with 3 dry uns and very dissapointed after finishing 9th day 1, but that's fishing for ya. Massive well done to the other 2 starlets teams finishing 11th and 12th and the other English teams finishing in well respected positions.
I would be more than happy to fish 1 of these competitions once a month as opposed to fishing a 20 peg match on a commy full of ego's.
Would be good to have a couple of matches such as England vs France have 1 over there and 1 over there, say 40 man squads as we could have a good venue, and do it on weight, food for thought maybe ?? hopefully we all get the chance to go again next year. Image Image