If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

map tks 125 13m pole

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
jay

map tks 125 13m pole

Unread post by jay »

havent posted for a while, been doing alot of fishging on local ponds and have got £300 to spend on a new pole and from what ive heard the map tks 125 isnt a bad pole, apparently its nice and light at 13m, only 690 grams at 11.5m and nice and stiff also. I was hoping maybe some of the lads on here will have some suggestions because i dont want to just jump in and buy any old thing, much appreciated. jay
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

map tks 125 13m pole

Unread post by Simple »

What kits does it come with ?
I cant comment on it, know nothing about them sorry. I have only owned Maver poles in the last 10 years and Tri-cast before that.
All my mavers have been brilliant, I can tell you that :D

What will you be using the pole to catch mainly by the way ?
jay

map tks 125 13m pole

Unread post by jay »

it comes with two match kits and a cuppin kit which isnt the best package but im not a serious match angler, ive only ever fished a few and mainly just pleasure fish in the local area for small stockies and silvers, with the ocassional lump. maver poles in my opinion are the best on the market but to be honest i dont have the readies for a deacent one at the minuite.
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

map tks 125 13m pole

Unread post by Simple »

The maver strongarm is only £200 mate. Strong and light ... 11m weighing just 622g and only 941g at 12.5m. £100 left over to buy some more topkits Image
mburgess
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker
Personal Text: Budgie

map tks 125 13m pole

Unread post by mburgess »

jay i have also heard that the map range of poles are good to and its not a bad startin package either mate, what i would consider is the spares cost too mate and for the tks range its really good,

match tops 3 38 quid and power top 2 kits 30 quid, spare no 4 section 40 notes so it does not break the bank Image Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

map tks 125 13m pole

Unread post by Simple »

Jay, Budgie has had every pole on the market Image
If you want to go and try any of them just go round his house, he has beans and sweet pea's growing up most of them though Image Image
mburgess
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker
Personal Text: Budgie

map tks 125 13m pole

Unread post by mburgess »

Jay, Budgie has had every pole on the market  Image
If you want to go and try any of them just go round his house, he has beans and sweet pea's growing up most of them though  Image Image

:Pcsimpleees you clown Image Image never had a Leeda mate Image Image i want one of them poles that thems Lap Dancers go round mind you come to think of it can i have the Lap Dancers too Image Image Image
paul_brown
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

map tks 125 13m pole

Unread post by paul_brown »

Hi Jay I use a TKS 10 and its not let me down.

The shop I had it from did me a good deal, got the pole with 2 power kits, 2 spare match kits and a spare no.4 for 250 quid.

They still look after me and spare tops are 25 quid (although I havent bought 1 for a while as I have 9).

They now stock the 125s

details PM'd
jay

map tks 125 13m pole

Unread post by jay »

cheers for the replys lads, all iv heard on the tks range of map poles is good things and for what im doing would be perfect. The maver strongarm sounds ok too, its on ebay now i think at a reasonable price. Its always in the back of my mind though wether i should just wait that little bit longer and get one of the top quality maver poles, the match this 1 looks nice at around £500
Josh1337
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

map tks 125 13m pole

Unread post by Josh1337 »

Hi Jay I use a TKS 10 and its not let me down.

The shop I had it from did me a good deal, got the pole with 2 power kits, 2 spare match kits and a spare no.4 for 250 quid.

They still look after me and spare tops are 25 quid (although I havent bought 1 for a while as I have 9).

They now stock the 125s

details PM'd

As gudgeon basher said, i use the TKS10 also - I have never had any problems with it and i find it light & strong.. Mine came with 1 Match top, 2 power tops al for £165 including a roller :D