If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

EYCRT River Hull Angling Champioships 2011

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
EYCRT

Unread post by EYCRT »

East Yorkshire Chalk Rivers Trust
River Hull Coarse Angling Championship

Sunday 16th October 2011

One lucky angler will be landing a hefty £850 cheque this October !

The East Yorkshire Chalk Rivers Trust (EYCRT) is inviting anglers to take part in ‘The River Hull Championship.’ The Trust, in conjunction with the Environment Agency, is enlisting the help of local anglers to help survey the River Hull’s freshwater fish stocks, along a 26-kilometre stretch of the river, from Hempholme to the outskirts of the City of Hull.

The event, which is the first one of its kind to be held in Yorkshire, will give an important insight into the status of the river’s fish stocks. A total prize fund of £2,500 is on offer at the October 16th event. With generous section payouts every ten pegs, even anglers drawn in less favoured areas have an incentive to fish. The anglers’ catches will be recorded and measured during the 5½ hour event.

The information on the status and distribution of the fish populations obtained from the event will allow the Trust and the Environment Agency to make informed decisions on further improving the fish stocks and angling opportunities on the river. Paul Coulson of the EYCRT said ‘despite the best efforts of the Environment Agency’s Environmental Monitoring team, “the river is just too deep and fast flowing to use normal survey methods such as electric fishing.”

Optional pools of £10 will be run on the day and tickets are on sale now for £2 in local tackle shops across the East Riding, or through match co-organiser Paul Caygill on 07976 779983.

Those wanting to brush up on their angling skills, or learn about the creatures inhabiting East Yorkshire waterways should get themselves to nearby Beverley Beck. Here Hull and District Angling Association coaches will be on hand to tutor budding fishermen and women. At the same time, Environment Agency Biologists and ERYCT volunteers will be giving a unique insight into what fish eat in the river and much more.

Come and join us and have a fun day out whilst supporting your local river
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

i've heard a bit about this match from rob perkins i think he fishes it
EYCRT

Unread post by EYCRT »

Joffmiester,

The River Hull match is the first fish survey match to be carried out in Yorkshire for a good number of years. They have had similar survey matches on the Tyne, Wear and Tees for a few years now.

I know Rob fished the Wear Champs about 3 or 4 years ago as he was in my section at Chester le Street, weighing in 14lb odd for a section win (and 3rd or 4th overall), when most of the local guys could only muster a couple of pounds each.

The Hull match should be a good day out, so long as we dont get a real cold snap before the match. With section money of £50 for 1st, £30 for 2nd and £20 for 3rd up for grabs every ten pegs, even anglers pegged on the less productive stretches have something to fish for!
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Know its a few months off EYCRT, but hope you get a really good turnout and please keep us posted with the results etc Image
EYCRT

Unread post by EYCRT »

Cheers TK, will try and keep you posted of how the river is fishing etc, in the lead up to the match. Myself and the co-organisers are aiming for 200+ pegs, hopefully the decent prize and section monies will tempt a few away from the local commercials.

A few folks have being asking what sections are likely to be pegged. In order to get good coverage of the fish stocks present in the river it is necessary to spread the sections over some 26km of the river.

The number of sections is of course dependant upon the number of anglers entering. Myself and the co-organisers are planning to peg the following stretches:-

Hempholme Boats (H&DAA stretch)
Below Hempholme Weir
Baswick
Wilfholme Pumps (Watton Beck Confluence)
Arram
The river around the southern end of Cutting Pond (Eske Res.)
Tickton upstream of the road bridge.
Hull Bridge
Below Hull Bridge Boat Club
White Cottages
Shipyard
Beck End and Figham
Weel
Thearne
Skidby Landing (Dunswell)
Kingswood
Ennerdale
and finally Oakdale Road.

The Headquarters for the match is Beverley Leisure Centre (Postcode is HU17 0LT). The draw is at 0800hrs, with breakfast being served from 0715hrs. Fishing times are 1000hrs till 1530hrs. Results and presentations are to be made back at Beverley Leisure Centre. The bar will be open too.

Tickets are £2, they are now on sale in the majority of tackle shops in Hull, and also in several York shops too. Failing that get in touch with a either myself via this thread or a PM or Paul Caygill (local EA Baliff).

This event is being run as a fish survey in conjunction with the Environment Agency to obtain the information needed for the effective management of your fishery so please way in.

For those from away Beverley is a great place for a weekend away, plenty of good pubs!

Mike
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Paul Caygill sat behind us on the New Junction canal last sunday ...... he talks proper funny ! Image Image Image :D
fin
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: hull

Unread post by fin »

Paul Caygill sat behind us on the New Junction canal last sunday ...... he talks proper funny !  Image  Image Image  :D
Dodge, just seen this one and carn't stop laughing, i room with him in Ireland every year and i'll tell you, first thing in a morning he LOOKS even funnier, lol, top bloke though. :D
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Paul Caygill sat behind us on the New Junction canal last sunday ...... he talks proper funny !  Image  Image Image  :D
Dodge, just seen this one and carn't stop laughing, i room with him in Ireland every year and i'll tell you, first thing in a morning he LOOKS even funnier, lol, top bloke though. :D

;) i asked him if he knew where the nearest petrol station was ......

He replied ..... f u c k knows i dont live around here ! Image Image ;)
EYCRT

Unread post by EYCRT »

Just a quick reminder that tickets will remain on sale till next Tuesday (lunchtime) for the senior event. If you have not got yours yet pop into any of the local tackle shops in the Hull area, or York Tackle, they are £2, with an optional £10 pools payable on the day.

With a 100% payout of pools, for the top three anglers (£50, £30 and £20) in every ten pegs, even if you don't draw in a great area there is still something to fish for.

Finally just a reminder about Hull Angling in Schools junior match on Beverley Beck that will run alongside the main event. On top of this there will be qualified angling coaches on hand from Hull & District AA.

The local East Yorkshire Chalk Rivers Trust and the Freshwater Biologist from the Environment Agency will be showing what fish naturally feed on with some pond dipping.

Tickets for the juniors are £1 available in person from Beverley Leisure Center until Wednesday 12th October 2011.

So even if your not a budding match angler or are a complete novice, hopefully there will be something for everybody.

Look Forward to seeing you on the day

Mike

Read more: http://yorksfishing.proboards.com/index ... z1ZknrZ3nC