If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Ever felt a complete plonker ... lol

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
MarkV
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by MarkV »

This happened a few years back, but sprung to mind while reading another post tonight.

I'd decided to try a lovely stretch of the Birmingham/Worcs canal near Droitwich, a real belter of a place.

I'd never seen it before, but had got the maps out and 'discovered it'.

Fish written all over it,  if ever i'd seen such a place.

In an absolute picture, I was in heaven, settled just below the humpty back bridge

:D Image

Two hours in, without so much as a touch and trying everything ......

chap stops his horse on top of the bridge and ....

looking down, absolutely creased up with laughter, shouts ....

'it was empty last week mate '   LOL    :D ::)

DUH !  Image
grover
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by grover »

theres a story in a john wilson book where as a teenager i think,him and a m8 went to poach a lake supposedly stuffed with big fish,after a fair journey they reached the fence,climbed over managing to avoid the gamekeeper,,and cast out their lines, at some point (may av been at first light) they realised that the lake was void of water!! Image
Waveney_One

Unread post by Waveney_One »

I remember turning up to fish for pike in a lake just after a thaw and a bit of rain. The lake looked perfect after the ice had melted, a nice ripple and the odd fish pimpling the surface. Tackled up, cast out a dead bait and the whole end tackle was laying on the top! Under 1/4 inch of rainwater there was still 1/2 inch or more of ice. :-? :-? Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

Just one of many.

When I were a kid I used to bike to a pool not far from where Budgie lives. It was a brilliant pool; I use to bike there most weeks, - i would be about 16 at the time. Used to catch bream, the odd tench and some very big roach, all to bread flake. One day I was catching a few and this bloke came up to me and asked that as was a 'regular' to keep an eye on the place as he thought the pool, under private ownership was being poached. I was pleased I met up with guy as I hadn't a clue who he was and more to the point who owned the crappity smack pool. I went loads of time afterwards, - I bet if Budgie has found it he will be sitting there now :-[ :-[ Image Image Image Image Image