If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

spawning carp

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
jay

spawning carp

Unread post by jay »

had a session down at the oaks lakes in sessay yesterday, fished the method feeder for most of the day and dropped down the edge later on but only managed 6 carp all day, had plenty of tench and big ide but the margins were black with carp thinking about other things. >:( not a bad day all in all but am hoping the carp have settled down to feed next time.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

spawning carp

Unread post by joffmiester »

the carp seam to be spawning everywhere again jay again with this changeable weather as soon as we get warmer weather the carp start spawning
jay

spawning carp

Unread post by jay »

maybe ill need to get down to my local river swale and do some chubb fishing untill the commies wake up a bit, every lake was dead really, one of the matches was only getting won with around 40lb and there usually ton plus weights down there, people were just foul hooking carp down the edge and dragging them in, thats not fishing if you ask me. id maybe have had quite a few if the island i was fishing the method to wasnt full of snags, >:( so i hads to fish about 4 foot of it which deffinately cost me some fish in the long run. >:( >:(
grover
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

spawning carp

Unread post by grover »

carp lakes should be shut or at least the swims where they are spawning! guess it dont matter so much on commies,but on some big carp lakes they do! its only fair on the fish..dont ya think?
jay

spawning carp

Unread post by jay »

i do believe that when you arrive at a fishery and especially when theres a number of lakes to fish if theres certain lakes that are not producing because all the carp are crashing around in the edge down to spawning you should be pointed towards a different lake by iether sings or the owner himself. however they are there to make money and if the word gets out that its not fishing then people will just go somewhere else, and no fishery owner wants that so they just keep shtum and take your money of you. :-X
grover
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

spawning carp

Unread post by grover »

like i said on syndicate carp lakes its different to commies, which are out to make money... fair enough.. but when you are talking about big english 30s n 40s it just aint worth the risk..which is why we close the spawning swims.
jay

spawning carp

Unread post by jay »

deffinately the right thing to do when the fish are getting of that size, you dont want to put big carp to 30 and 40lb through more stress throuugh iether getting caught or foul hooked, theyve got enough on their plate prouducing the fish of the future for us to enyoy, the laeast we can do is give then a bit of privacy. :D
grover
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

spawning carp

Unread post by grover »

and respect!!!! which is summink our euro brothers dont!!!
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

spawning carp

closing commies down for spawning
the problem with that is when do you close them :-/,Roy Marlow closes his glebe fishery every year for a few weeks but if the weather isn't good enough for the carp to spawn they won't .this year is a good example as they are spawning now   
grover
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

spawning carp

Unread post by grover »

if u read my post again, it says when they spawn..not close season..in our current climate they are spawning up to 3 times! so just close the swims they are spawning in, they group up b4 hand, waiting for the right moment,if it all goes well then its all over within a week or so.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

spawning carp

see your point Imagecan't see greedy fisheries doing that Imagewhen the peg is worth £56 a week to them .
fish welfare doesn't come above profit in this world
grover
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

spawning carp

Unread post by grover »

it does on proper syndicates that are run by carp anglers..you wanna visit a goodun one day and see what happens.. the welfare of the fish is the most important thing! any sores-lifted scales,spawning sores etc are treated with the proper stuff.. which they really do benefit from.