If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

how do you step over a mine field

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

Not many of us shipped in or out much

I was gonna say we as well shipped straight up in the air Image

At one time you need a Hawker's Licence to even walk on the towpath; I can just about remember the old notices Image Image Image Image
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Dodge thats exactly the problem with Anglers attitudes that i mentioned

I as an angler have more right to be on the canal fishing plus i have paid for the privilage malc  ;) so if any mountain biker , cyclist , jogger, smack head etc etc wants to challenge me or invade the space i am fishing then its me versus them so crappity smack em !   Image  namby pamby do gooders get you absolutely crappity smack all in this world we live in today ! The boaters are generally brilliant and i always go out of my way to chat or say hello when they pass ..... its a respect thing  8-)
samsman

Unread post by samsman »

do the public actually realise that we pay to use the canal :-? you do need to be careful in how far you go to appease these people as it will come across that we are in the wrong in what we do when we are not Image
it's how we deal with the situation when it arises and as joff found out remaining calm and rational does pay dividends.....sometimes.
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

Dave,

You have hit the nail firmly on the head there.
It is my bet that over 90% of the public feel we all fish for free.

After all, as non-anglers, they have no reason to know that anyway 8-)
MGB
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by MGB »

at present we and boaters are the only ones that pay (have you ever met a cyclist with a licence ?)

Even if they had a licence they still wouldn't be contributing, the licences are free!!