If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

angling times

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Midlands

angling times

Unread post by lloydy »

Thinking of starting an angling times winter league squatt and pinkie, just after some thoughts as I know a few on here don't fish a league
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

angling times

Unread post by Woodhouse »

I think it could be well supported if the right venues were chosen.

venues like pendeford, little onn, norbury, penkridge etc etc have fished well this winter.
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

angling times

Unread post by bill yards »

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Imagewot, no joker Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
cheslynboy
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker
Personal Text: Fishing is relaxing except when on matches
Match Team/ Club: Rough Hay A C

angling times

Unread post by cheslynboy »

the jokers are the ones that fish penkridge in january Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

angling times

Not a daft question but

W H Y A T ? 8-) 8-) Image
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

angling times

Unread post by Woodhouse »

It gives the teams fishing it the option of going to a semi final Bill
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

angling times

crappity smack it then. Image Image Image
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

angling times

Unread post by lloydy »

Looks like going in a carp league then
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

angling times

I ran a League last winter without b/w and joker. Without even trying or advertising it I got over 60 on it; could have got over 100 without any problem whatsoever, maybe more than that.
The matches were quite good. I know lots entered it because their AT League folded and couldn't believe how cheap it was compared with the entry fee/pools and everything connected with the ATWL.

There is a ready made, huge audience there; it just wants harnessing.
The answer really is in that little poser I put up , what would you pay to fish a match? Image Image

Believe me, things are going to get a lot, lot worse in this country, we haven't even climbed one rung of the ladder yet. Cheaper matches must be the way forward??????????????????

My thoughts for what they are worth, - crappity smack all by the sounds of it Image Image
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

angling times

Unread post by Dodge »

Petrol will be £2 a litre next november ! :'(
fin
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: hull

angling times

Unread post by fin »

Cheaper matches ah, sounds gud, had a chat with a mate this morning and a quick tot up with fuel an all for a river Don match in summer will set you back £70-£80 quid Imagefor a sundays fishing, over a month thats my morgage, thats without any tackle to buy, well it would do but i aint going, 4 loaves n a few worms is my limit nowadays, never thought cost would be an issue with my fishing!!!
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

angling times

Unread post by lloydy »

Is there a set pools amount for atwl
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

angling times

Unread post by lloydy »

A/t pulled plug on Maver pairs due to ticket sales, maybe anglers are realizing that the more you pay the more most lose
dan_ashington

angling times

Unread post by dan_ashington »

Dave our league at Castle ashby is 25 quid pools plus probably around 10 - 15 quid on bait 20 - 30 quid on fuel 10 quid on breakfast and a pint after = around 80 quid for 1 day far too much in my opinion, totally agree with all the comments about cheaper matches are the way to go as I and many others of us out there seem to be feeling the pinch big style.
I could be talking man balls but I think that in the future high level competitions will not be for the average hard working man with a family to support as they will just be to expensive to enter.

Just a question, If you could only afford £50 pools how many of you would be more happier to use your money to fish two 30 - 40 peg matches at £20 pools each as opposed to fish 1 big profile match at £50 pools with the chance of qualifying to win the big money.

Myself I would rather fish the 2 matches at £20 mostly because that is all I could afford but also being out on the bank fishing and enjoying myself is more important than trying to become rich from fishing.

I think this is where team fishing is suffering as so many anglers seem to want the chance of this fame and see it as an easier step to getting a bigger profile due to these competitions getting so much publicity.
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

angling times

Unread post by lloydy »

£10 on breakfast Dan! No wander your fat. You should have branflakes like me. Image
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

angling times

Unread post by lloydy »

I love big matches Dan and I don't mind paying a bit more for a few matches like winter leagues and sensas final but couldn't afford to do it every Saturday and Sunday.
dan_ashington

angling times

Unread post by dan_ashington »

Dave I will have you know that I am doing well with my diet, I can now get up 1 whole flight of stairs without being out of breath.

Bran flakes, they are rubbish I am more of a special K man myself. Image

It seems to be that most are limited to 1 day a weekend at the moment reckon I could be cut down to a pleasure session down the cut when the next bin lid comes.
The motto is "always wear a cover for your lover". :D
colly
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Browning Northants

angling times

Unread post by colly »

Agree with Dan & Lloydy! It is getting really difficult. If I fish an ATWL London League match, I need £25 pools + £15-20 bait + £20+ fuel + £10 beer/brekkie. Thats £70 + for a canal match, plus most of the matches are at least 1 hour travelling so I usually leave about 6am and get back at 7pm, usually after my 6 month old daughter has gone to bed!

For the last couple of weeks I have fished individual matches on my doorstep (Wreake AC Opens on the Mkt Harboro Canal) leaving the house at 7:30am and getting home by 5pm. 5 miles each way, less than £10 bait and £15 pools and have breakfast at home - probably £30. I've really enjoyed the matches and picked up over £200 in 3 matches and been home in time to spend time with the family - lots of brownie points!

I love my team fishing & its not about money, but it gets very difficult to justify the expense in the current climate and as more leagues fold we will have to travel further and further to get a team match!! Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

angling times

Isn't it something like £60 to enter a team in the ATWL on top of 'owt else?????????????? Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

angling times

Unread post by TK »

Putting the tin hat on............

How much is the cost of pools down to 'peer pressure' from a few..............having to 'go with the flow' when you open you wallet.

Ive also fished a few matches in the past - obviously not prearranged league jobbies - where I've believed the cost to be 'Y' but then found on the morning there's also 'optional'  ::) X Y and Z - and not to enter 'em would make you look like a scrouge  Image as everybody throws their notes on the table