If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

well done SENSAS

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

well done SENSAS

Unread post by joffmiester »

after fishing the sensas challenge at the weekend and i must say what a great competition it is and what a great venue.even though it fished hard the weights were good and to win it you have to be right on top of the game. you could of blamed the weather yet in the results most of the top 8 teams was mainly made up of the top teams in the country 2 dorking team 2 barnsley teams and all three of the starlet teams, so it just goes to show how good they are at working things out plus the competition is over 5 different lakes
i would like to thank SENSAS for a great weekend

but getting back to the girls instead of sitting around and hoping to get sponsor money for the world championships in Italy just handed to them on a plate they have started to try and find some of there own funding and yesterday thanks again to sensas the ladies put together a raffle and raised £400 pounds how goods that
well done the england ladies Image Image Image

mark downes has emailed me and has asked if the sensas challenge could be improved in anyway and is open to ideas ,i think he did the same last year
personally i think the venue is brilliant and have had a lovely week practicing at packington [didnt do me any good though Image] and to find a venue with at least 120 pegs on it that can take the pressure of two days fishing [well a week of fishing really] will be impossable
the worrying thing is that now its been at packington two years running have the top teams mastered it and looking at the past event the same areas have been key. having said that fishing is all about the the draw we had a good start on day one with a third but blowout on the second yet dorking won the second day with 10 points :D :D :Dwhat a score
still i will be there next year if possable where ever Image Image
and its great meeting up with everybody again Image Image
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Midlands

well done SENSAS

Unread post by lloydy »

Well said Joff, fantastic weekend. I think f1's spoil it but apart from that the weekend couldn't be better.
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

well done SENSAS

Unread post by Dodge »

It aint all about the superstar teams Image Image so here is some proper trumpet blowing !!! ....

Massive well done to the TED CARTER SOUTHPORT LADS who came 5TH OVERALL having never seen the place before  Image Image Image  8-) 8-)

Awesome achievement by team captain Chris Gorrell and the lads capping off a great 12 months or so  Image Image  ;)  Image

Where the crappity smack is France ?   Image Image Image Image  Image Image Image   Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

well done SENSAS

they will have a brilliant time dodge make sure you go
50gram flat floats Image Imageand top seven deep catching 3to 3 kg bream Image Image
i'l be going as its very close over in france Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

well done SENSAS

Well said Joff, fantastic weekend. I think f1's spoil it but apart from that the weekend couldn't be better.
Image Image Image Imagetell me about it i hate F1s and where did i draw 2nd day little crappity smack geary's Image Imagefished its head off first day 2nd well lets say i beat mark downes and scatch card Image Imagebut got safted by young sammy Image Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

well done SENSAS

SENSAS CHALLENGE
(MOLANDS, GEARYS, LITTLE GEARYS, WILLOW AND ANNIVERSARIES)

INDIVIDUAL DAY 1
1. Rob Wootton (spro Blue), 18kg 425g Peg 21 (LITTLE GEARYS)
2. Paul Holland (Dorking Gold), 17kg 525g
3. Des Shipp (Dorking Black), 14kg 325g

INDIVIDUAL DAY 2
1. Des Shipp (Diawa Dorking Black), 13kg 150g Peg 11 (Molands)
2. Joe Roberts (Sensas MKi A), 11kg 310g

TEAM OVERALL POSITION
1. Diawa Dorking Black 27 points
2. Diawa Dorking Gold 32 points
3. Ultimate Barnsely Black A 47 points
4. Ultimate Barnsely Balck B 49.5 points
5. ted carters southport 52 points Image

INDIVIDUAL OVERALL
1. Des Shipp 2 points 27, 750
2. Rob Wootton 2 points 25, 200
3. Steve Hemingray 2 points 19, 500
4. Joe Roberts 3 points 21kg
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

well done SENSAS

Unread post by lloydy »

Was on little geary's on day 1 Joff, had 6.5 kilo of Skimmers but had to watch them on end of lake slapping for f1's. Day 2 drew molands 31 where stan drew day1, after a chat he told me he had 2 big bream and Tench so I targeted big fish. I fed choppy on 6 metres and never had bite, Darren Davies next to me fed a joker line there and had 2 tench
samsman

well done SENSAS

Unread post by samsman »

just like to add my congrats to ted carters southport. well done lads Image
Gorrell80

well done SENSAS

Unread post by Gorrell80 »

Cheers Dave! I am going to do a blog and put it up on the Ted Carters Website soon!
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

well done SENSAS

and don't forget one of your anglers has been picked for the england feeder world champs Imagedean barlow
copy and paste your blog on here Image Image
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: MaverBaitech
Sponsor: Maver / Baitech

well done SENSAS

Unread post by CHOPWORM HERO »

Dean fished for Drennan North West at Lough canal semi Joff.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

well done SENSAS

Dean fished for Drennan North West at Lough canal semi Joff.
i know but ted carter didn't have a winter league to fish choppy Image
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

well done SENSAS

Unread post by Dodge »

i know but ted carter didn't have a winter league to fish choppy

AT Mid Cheshire W/L folded last autumn  :'(
Gorrell80

well done SENSAS

Unread post by Gorrell80 »

Sensas Challenge 2011

Some time back a few of the team decided to have a go at this competition against the best anglers in the country and to gain some experience of fishing to international rules. The venue for the two day event was the lovely Packington Somers Fishery near Coventry. Several lakes of varying depths were used in the event basically each lake involved fishing a long pole line with groundbait, and lines down the edge or on the near ledge depending on what the angler deemed best.

The team consisted of,
• Myself (Chris Gorrell)
• John Brogden
• Ian Morrison
• Lee Murphy
• Tony Weightman

Ian and Tony had managed to get down for a practice in the run up to the event. Both confirmed the main line of action on Molands Lake where they had fished was at 13M where they had put in around ten balls of groundbait containing joker, caster and dead maggots. They all confirmed that a chopped worm line down the edge must not be ignored. The species we were looking for included skimmers and roach with odd F1`s and tench thrown in for good measure.

The debate was whether a fishmeal based mix or a sweeter mix was best. In the end we opted for a main mix of ten balls of Sensas Lake 3000 and Match Blend with a little leam added to seperate the joker and also had some Crazybait Gold and Sensas Magic mixed for feeding down the edge and for another longer line that we fed more negatively with only two or three balls, but these were packed with worms and casters. We all pretty much followed this plan, but left anglers to decide on topping up with either, double leam, groundbait or even loosefeed in some cases.

The lads all settled on rigs between .20gr up to 1.0gr in the deeper pegs. Many anglers fished wagglers at distance but we would have been fools to try and copy this method as its not something we are familiar with – we all agreed to leave the rods alone for this one!

Graham and Charlie in the shop came up trumps with some great bait yet again. John and his dad even did the honours and scraped us some cracking bloodworm (thanks lads)

Ian did the draw and off we set to tackle our pegs. They all seemed good pegs (for a change!), however John drew in between two points where anglers could get close to the island with the 13M limit and this meant he was likely to be up against it. On return, four of the lads had returned in fifth position or above.

I drew the fancied point peg on Gearys (flier) and came back joint third in the section with just over 6KG. John fished a tidy match and came back with 4KG of small skimmers and roach from a difficult area. Lee and Tony both caught a few better tench in their nets and Ian did the business with some skimmers and F1`s. That meant we were ninth overall on day one, only three points of third place, it really was tight! Importantly we were still in the race for day two.

That night we spent talking about tweaking our approaches for the second day over a few beers. It became clear that on some of the lakes bigger species like chub, F1`s and tench were vital, these were often caught with a much lighter drip feeding approach. But we all agreed that it was vital to give it a big hit on the long pole ready for the skimmers.

Ian retired early to bed claiming he had a head ache, the fact that his girlfriend Danielle was with us had something to do with that I am sure!

Mr “lover” man (Ian) drew again and off we went to our pegs. He actually drew me one peg away from where I was on the first day, around the corner in a shallow, more difficult area of the lake!

Upon return it appeared again we had all done well, Lee drew in a difficult area and mustered up 8 points. John, Ian and Tony all finished in the top half of their sections and I was fortunate enough have a few skimmers settle in my peg and catch 8KG of these for a section win!

The presentation was the who`s who of English match fishing, with many international stars present! We waited for the result! We all said finishing in the top eight would have been a great achievement given the strength of the field and the fact we only had a limited knowledge of the lakes.

Mark Downes read out the top twelve teams, stating that the top five would qualify for the final in France. He got all the way up to sixth place, and still no mention of Ted Carter Southport. We began to think that someone may have got their points wrong and we had finished outside the top twelve. But then, in fifth place he called out “Ted Carter Southport” much to our amazement we had qualified for the final in France! The lads were buzzing and proud of what we had achieved. I even thought Lee Murphy was going to go to the bar (he did`nt in the end!)

The rest of the field were left trailing behind the mighty Dorking machine, yet again taking their angling to another level! I must say though it was a privilege to be fishing against these lads and indeed all of the other stars too.

We are all looking forward to competing in France in this prestigious final amongst some of the best match anglers in the world. Apparently it’s a deep river, fishing flat floats, something pretty alien to us nonetheless we will all relish this opportunity to fish against the cream of the crop. It seems a few other members of the squad want to be involved and the support the team, this will be great occasion for us all!

Roll on France!
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

well done SENSAS

Unread post by lloydy »

Great write up Image
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

well done SENSAS

Unread post by Woodhouse »

Brilliant write up Chris, thanks mate.

Just make sure you take a camera to frogland.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

well done SENSAS

CHRIS ITS A TOP EVENT Image Imageits a must go the french when it comes to competitions are brilliant
great write up i hope to be there with tev so i'l take a camera Image
Paul_Murrin
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

well done SENSAS

Unread post by Paul_Murrin »

Great wright up Chris Image go fly the  Image in France , sure you lads will enjoy the occasion . Image
    catch up at Middlewhich mate  Image 
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

well done SENSAS

Unread post by Dodge »

Hope Danielle didnt have a "head ache" Image Image Image Image

Image :D