If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

T K GRUELLER MATCH 3

Upcoming Match Information and Venue Advice Here.
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

T K GRUELLER MATCH 3

Unread post by Woodhouse »

Watch your caramels boys....
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

T K GRUELLER MATCH 3

Unread post by MrV »

Whilst the idea of sections is a good one, i think most of the people who attend the grueller series and cashmores are there for enjoyment and not to win money.

Paulie, if I was in it for the money I would fish opens. It was only a suggestion to put some more smiles on some more faces. ;)
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

T K GRUELLER MATCH 3

Unread post by Simple »

26 sections of 1. We can all get some money back then :P
Mark_Stanaway
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

T K GRUELLER MATCH 3

Unread post by Mark_Stanaway »

Yep for get the worm i off with me to get some moor ice  Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

T K GRUELLER MATCH 3

Unread post by TK »

A slight variation on Mr V’s suggestion for consideration.

Whilst the Grueller points scoring system would remain the same eg 20 for a win, 19 for 2nd etc down to last place (with 3 points for a turn up but DNW), instead of paying 1st, 2nd and 3rd which is currently being dominated by pegs 1-4, hows about just having three section winners?

Typically 16 expected out this Sat if Heinzer can get back in some sort of state to fish after his Friday shenanigans.

This would mean 3 sections – pegs 1-5, 6-10 and 11- 16 with £16 to each section winner.

If 15 turn up it would be £15 each section .

It gives those down in the middle and bottom sections a fighting chance of a few bob.

Look forward to your thoughts……….. if 'positive', we'll have a vote on Sat
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

T K GRUELLER MATCH 3

Unread post by TK »

1 negative telephone vote received this afternoon.........'Leave it as it is - its the luck of the draw'
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

T K GRUELLER MATCH 3

Unread post by Simple »

I'm there to fish whatever peg I draw from the hat. I don't give a hoot about the money.
Just as long as that pound comes home with me thats all that matters hehe Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

T K GRUELLER MATCH 3

Unread post by TK »

Same as me Si - I must have been on a guilt trip to even think about it and make the suggestion............. ::)
To be brutally honest I want to draw 11-15 next match in preference to 1-4 - just for the challenge of what I can do off those pegs on the day (and sod the cash) (But I still want to score decent series points Image )
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

T K GRUELLER MATCH 3

Unread post by YAMO »

some banter-fied predictions for saturday !

peg 1-- dave meredith ( a first in every sense of the word)

i think gez france and TK, the 2 low drawing machines will again be rewarded with low draws. i think massive stanaway will be quietly pleased with a beastie peg and i think both he and KOD will snare a carpy. Quite surprised no one has had one.

I predict that myself, phil broadstock,geoff cashmore and ME will draw high as per usual and battle it out over those frying gudgeon. Gives a new meaning to the word 'fry'. His loose fed ice cubes might just give him the edge.

i expect simple simon to draw low too and take the pound home and im gonna predict a paul wedge win from peg 3, with dave and TK also framing.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

T K GRUELLER MATCH 3

Unread post by TK »

LOL – what’s the definition of a low number – 1-3, (?) cuss if so we’re gunna be a bit cramped the five of us with low draws. (DM peg1 ,The Wedge on 3, TK, GF & SS)

You’ve forgot Golden Balls as well, cuss surely his drawing hand can’t desert him for 2 matches.   :D

What beastie pegs will GT and KOD be snaring the carp from – 8 & 9? Looks like they regularly hang around there with Shaunie having them at his feet on match 1 and GB being seen off by 3 – one on strawberry flavoured plummet    :o

All I really want to see is how the new guys contend with the brambles – love to hear the cusses and chunters with ME, SS and The Wedge on 2-4. Quite happy for DM to draw 1 so he cant say he’s never drawn the first 5 pegs. Will ME’s Vespe 25 survive the brambles and would Simple Simon or The Wedge shy away from them like GB did on match 1?   Image

Anyway come on Yamo, you and your gang (PB, GC, Cotti and ME) can’t keep monopolising the high numbers – give the rest of us a chance   :D :D Image
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

T K GRUELLER MATCH 3

Unread post by YAMO »

TK-low draw is 1 to 6

I think golden balls is working his way round and will draw high this time whilst the newly named kidney pond mercenary(aka woodlands view mercenary) will draw low and catch.

i expect KOD AND GT to draw round the narrow dead section where carp are known to patrol, and if there are carp there both mark and KOD are likely to get em out.

The high drawing brigade with me as president and geoff and phil as honourary members are all due to a low draw, i wished i was a betting man id be very wealthy. ;)
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

T K GRUELLER MATCH 3

Unread post by TK »

:D :D :D I still dont fancy 5 & 6 - them middle uns to me - Well all will be revealed on Saturday - I chuckle at the moans, groans and gnashing of teeth whilst I sit there and write them peg numbers down :D :D :D
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

T K GRUELLER MATCH 3

Unread post by MrV »

Not long now fellas. ;) Mild here all week, so if they are pumping all week I might take my Radox, sponge and rubber duck :D
Last weather forecast I saw was for a decent day, so looking good.
Got my luncheon meat soaking in some of TKs SB. Sweetcorn soaking in some of my own SB. If I have to take the lids off either tub on Saturday I have done something seriously wrong to mess things up. Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

T K GRUELLER MATCH 3

Unread post by Simple »

Yeah not long, I'm looking forward to this again. My carryall will be alot lighter this time too knowing what I know from last time Image
I had half of the tackle shops bait in there :-[
I hope it is not windy, I ain't bothered about rain, just no more wind >:(
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

T K GRUELLER MATCH 3

Unread post by TK »

Si - draw 13 to 15............lovely and sheltered there even in the gales and blizzards Image ............and plenty of fish if you can find em :D
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

T K GRUELLER MATCH 3

Unread post by Simple »

Maybe I can draw peg 12 again and try to find them this time then :D :-/
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

T K GRUELLER MATCH 3

Unread post by YAMO »

Si - draw 13 to 15............lovely and sheltered there even in the gales and blizzards  Image ............and plenty of fish if you can find em   :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D

id rather get wet and windswept than draw that peg again !
Mark_Stanaway
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

T K GRUELLER MATCH 3

HA yep thats whot you call been gruellered Image hope them carpe are feading on pegs 12/15 cos ha and kod will have a laugh or two i must be on one off them ha may be next to master gudgeon man on 14 HA HA and a massive lol Image
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

T K GRUELLER MATCH 3

Unread post by kod »

i wont be larfin if i have to walk to the end pegs again :'(
dont want to be greedy HA no double figures for me 1/5 will do :) :)
Mark_Stanaway
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

T K GRUELLER MATCH 3

HA hope i draw 1/5 because it is vere rair for me to draw a low no HA Image Image Image