If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Warks Winter league Final round

Share your Match Results or Fishing Stories Here.

Moderator: bill yards

Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

i was gonna mention pickerings ( saints), if they came last it shows how hard it was. 3 of us in a row on the small basin all blanked,it was wide open no cover and bright sunshine for 4 hrs and a million bank walkers,dont think anyone watches tv round there !! funny thing happened tho paul murrin next to me dropped his mobile in the canal and even tho it was like tap water he couldnt find it ....... ::) ::)
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Ta for the update lads Image
frank
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by frank »

endpeg seeing that result it must have been struggle.
endpeg
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by endpeg »

Mr Keeling struggled off the peg that won with 9lb last year!

I reckon Stoke is the fittest city in the country - half the population was cycling or jogging along the towpath.
frank
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by frank »

I reckon Stoke is the fittest city in the country - half the population was cycling or jogging along the towpath.

But are they
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Bit of a serious one this but should create a bit of debate and ideas......

We at sensas nw enjoyed the warks winter league and are thankfull to be allowed join after the lancashire winter league folded at the last minute,with the increase to 10 teams competing i and others believe this then lead to healthy competition and big matches (100 pegs).Maybe this could be the way forward for the A T winter league,maybe extending the regions within reason of course...ie warks/staffs winter league, maybe attracting a couple of more teams in the process....12 teams,the top 4 go through to the semis......its just an idea but i think ken wade needs a bit of help.We have some regions with plenty of teams and other areas with hardly any.....

What are your thoughts fellas...... ;)
ropa
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by ropa »

Dodge, this has been touched on recently with Ken, and he is seriously looking into it mate. He is thinking of rewarding the larger leagues with an extra place i.e 10 team plus leagues. It will reward those league that were happy to accomodate the likes of yourselves and D.N.W . I`m personally all for it as 2 teams from a 6 man league and 2 teams from a 10-11 team league doesn`t look right from where I am >:( >:(. A lad from Yorkshire who fishes for a well known team recently brought up this point and said if there league split into 2, 6 team ,leagues then they would have 4 places. I think to move with the times we have to consider options for the future of the event and look at changes that are put forward Image To me it`s stll the premier team event of the year Image
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Nice one ropa......makes sense mate Image