If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

pole rollers

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
jay

pole rollers

Unread post by jay »

hello again, ive had the old preston rollers for quite some time and to be honest, i dont think there made to last so am looking for any suggestions on good robust pole rollers that will last me many years to come. I know i could just search them on the net but the descriptions of them all say they are sh!t hot which is not true and theres nothing like someone with experience telling you how it is. Im not looking for really cheap stuff, its the quality im after. much appreciated once again. Image Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

pole rollers

Unread post by Simple »

I use the Preston Pro V and I have had them for 4 or 5 years and still going strong.

I would have no doubts about buying another.
jay

pole rollers

Unread post by jay »

alot of anglers do use the pro v rollers like, that says it all really doesent it, sturdy well made peice of kit, exactly what im looking for. Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

pole rollers

Unread post by Simple »

They pack away nicely too. I can fit both of mine in my carry-all and still have loads of room on top.
jay

pole rollers

Unread post by jay »

£45 there going for, its nothing when you think of the job there doing preventing your pole from getting smashed, the cheaper versions do the job but ive found they can blow over when the wind gets up and that can be more damaging to the pole than not having one at all. Image
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

pole rollers

Unread post by Drynet »

I have the preston super v and a daiwa rocking one they are both great pieces of kit Image
jay

pole rollers

Unread post by jay »

theres nowt worse than having no confidence in your rollers on windy days so im deffos going to invest in 2 nice pole rollers for the summer, ive needed some for a while but have just being sticking with the ones ive got which are really light and can blow over when it really gets up
jay

pole rollers

Unread post by jay »

them super vs are the one up from the pro v i think and its only an extra £10, i wonder what the difference is.
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

pole rollers

Unread post by Dave C »

Its the Daiwa "Rocking roller " for me. I much prefer the bigger area to aim at.
I also have one of the original Boss rollers which has bewen around for a while and has never let me down.
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

pole rollers

Unread post by Drynet »

them super vs are the one up from the pro v i think and its only an extra £10, i wonder what the difference is.

It's about 3 times bigger fully extended.
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

pole rollers

Unread post by bill yards »

Hardly ever use one. The hedge is easier to carry Image Image
Bullah
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

pole rollers

Unread post by Bullah »

The hedge is easier to carry
Ah... this explains why you use far bank bushes as surrogate float boxes then!!! Mystery solved! Image
mburgess
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker
Personal Text: Budgie

pole rollers

Unread post by mburgess »

my rod bag is my roller Image Image