If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

End Pegs

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

End Pegs

Unread post by bill yards »

Does anyone really know why end pegs are so good, most of the time anyway.

Years ago when I ran a competition called the Shakespeare Six (some might remember it) we had over 100 in every round.
The stick-ups at Hazelstine was the place to draw then, they were not end pegs. In fact end pegs on our stretches of the Staffs-Worcs won crappity smack all and they may not now, if there was any matches on it.
The Shroppie at Little Onn was so different. It didn't seem to matter where I put the first peg, generally in the wood somewhere, it won.
I tried putting the end peg virtually everywhere in that wood and it would always (just the very rare exception) win.
To be honest it was far more important in those days, more so than now to draw an end peg.

We have all heard about walking fish, the extra room and all that but has anyone got their own theories on this.

The only thing I can add is that it appears more pronounced in the smaller cut matches than the bigger ones today.

Any answers?

PS Dodge always draws an end 'un so he wouldn't have a crappity smack clue what I'm on about Image
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

End Pegs

Unread post by Dodge »

What do they look like ? Its been a while ! Image Image Image
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

End Pegs

Unread post by Woodhouse »

you are obviously in the wrong head starter southport team Todge
Gorrell80

End Pegs

Unread post by Gorrell80 »

Nice one Lee! Image

Dodge it will be your turn next mate!
tudes

End Pegs

Unread post by tudes »

I remember end pegs. They're the ones where the boats open the throttle because you're the last angler. Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

End Pegs

I remember end pegs. They're the ones where the boats open the throttle because you're the last angler.

Cock on their me duck Image

I suppose I'm trying to ask why are end pegs more important on the Shroppie than other cuts? :D
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

End Pegs

Unread post by joffmiester »

I remember end pegs. They're the ones where the boats open the throttle because you're the last angler. Image

Image Image Image Imagespot on
i prefer bridges Image Image don't forget TK ;) ;)
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

End Pegs

good subject bill Image
canal and rivers end pegs do a lot of damage to the results mostly frame or win the sections
yet if you put every other peg in the end pegs still win the bigger percent of the money why :-/ the gap in pegs can be 30 yards
right the teams of four last winter end pegs were gold dust week in week out ,i was asked to move sections around and i think we had a topic about every other peg  :D :D :D
take 207 208 209 210 all in tree's and are good
when we put every other peg in sean ashby won off 209 with 18lb the next match we put every peg in i think with out looking 207 9lb 208 5lb 209 8lb 210 4lb
ok the weights are down but the fish spread out when sean had a spare peg either side the next pegs caught very little as well
again in the semi final on the swingbridge if we had put every other peg in would you had realisied how many bream were there 16 22lb 17 32lb 18 11lb by the way the end peg that day wasn't any good
those bream on the morning started at peg 12 as a mate of mine sat on his peg and they were blowing before the start i'm sure he had one first put and missed a bite and it went so on up the length until they stopped
end peg swingbridge boats flier,and the other end peg flier peg pegs are fliers 80% of the time but leaving gaps i don't think makes a differents ,you are still fishing against end pegs  Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

End Pegs

Probably needs a little rephrasing this subject.

End pegs generally mean crappity smack all on the Staffs-Worcs at Stafford, yet on the Shroppie they do a lot of damage.

What are the end pegs like on the cuts you fish? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

End Pegs

never draw them ask preecey Image Image Image
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

End Pegs

Unread post by Woodhouse »

Strange subject.

On the Walsall canal end pegs are not usually a good draw but on the Wyrley they are a very good draw.
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

End Pegs

Strange subject.

Almost as strange a subject as you crappity smack are Image Image Image Image Image