If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

AT Winter League Final

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
brian_gibson

AT Winter League Final

Unread post by brian_gibson »

Heard that the venue for the ATWL final has been changed from the River Nene @ Peterborough the Furzton lakes at Milton Keynes?

What doe's everyone think???????? is it a good or a bad move?
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

AT Winter League Final

Unread post by Woodhouse »

I think it is a good move.

They have had a lot of problems with the Nene over the last couple of years.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

AT Winter League Final

Unread post by joffmiester »

NEW VENUE FOR A/T FINAL
Feb 22nd, 2011 at 11:28am Posted: 22 February 2011 11:24:43

Advanced Member
well done ken i know it must of been a hard discussion to make,but i'm sure its the right one and will take the competition forward.your endless work trying to clear the river and often with little help is a credit to you ,as all organisers know its a thankless job.
FUZSTON LAKES is a really good move well done ken and angling times i'm sure this will encourage the teams in the semi finals plus the commercial boys might feel they have more of a chance
NOW I WISH WE HAD QUALIFIED
Irkthepurists

AT Winter League Final

Unread post by Irkthepurists »

What was up with the Nene?

We qualified last year and thought it a fantastic venue.... Well..... At least compared to the Leeds Livvy....

Good bags of roach and even the poor sections weren't as bad as some venues...

Raking and stuff is just part of the games surely?

sad days...

:-/
brian_gibson

AT Winter League Final

Unread post by brian_gibson »

I'm not sure........ the Nene like most rivers these days can be fantastic with the right conditions i personaly think its a fantastic venue to hold the final !! ....4 or 5 years ago it fished its head off with big bags of roach.. :) that said however, we fished a winter league round on it a couple of weeks after the final last year and it was terrible due to it tanking through because it had rained so much. :-[

I suppose moving the final to a different venue possibly adds a little spice to the mix.??? Plus its more accesable to more teams????

On a personal note i would like to see a semi final on the Nene or perhaps one of the other venues closer to Cambridge ! not sure it will happen tho........ :'(
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

AT Winter League Final

Unread post by joffmiester »

nothing wrong with the Nene Imagebut it needs loads of work doing to it about two weeks before and no one would do it you can't expect ken to do it all on his own
when we fished it we had 10 racks made and it would take a full hour to clear enough room to fish
but after a couple of hours it was back :-/ :-/
its a shame i know but ive fished furzton lakes before and its really good Image