If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

maver abyss match rods

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
jay

maver abyss match rods

Unread post by jay »

i was just wondering whether anyone has got anything to say or has one of the new range of maver abyss rods that are new out, I know there cheap and thats one of the reasons its putting me off but i cant offord £100 plus rods and need something thats not expensive but can still perform when i need it to. any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

maver abyss match rods

Unread post by Simple »

Check out these rods Jay... http://iansfishingtackle.co.uk/Coarse_a ... -match-rod
Very nice rods indeed and not to expensive Image
jay

maver abyss match rods

Unread post by jay »

cheers for that fella, the shimano forcemaster 10 foot feeder looks spot on for £40, ive set up an acount on the site so i might just get that. free postage aswell which is nice. ive heard that the shorter the rod the better on comercials now, easier casting and more acurate tight to islands and so this at ten foot should be ideal.
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: ENGLISH AND PROUD

maver abyss match rods

Unread post by me »

si how come in the describtion it talks about it being a 12 ft 2 peice but when you click on the sizes it only shows 10 and 11 ft? haven't Ian's got any 12 ft in stock or arent they doing them
Image Image
jay

maver abyss match rods

Unread post by jay »

The preston carbonactive 10 foot feeder looks nice just wondering how much you could tell the difference from this at £130 and different models at around £50, they are obviously going to be better rods but is it worth the £80.
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

maver abyss match rods

Unread post by Drynet »

Beastmaster 9/11 mate are the rods to have Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

maver abyss match rods

Unread post by Simple »

Jay - I have both the tip and float carbon actives and they are the bee's knees. Well worth the money.

11ft Float and 10ft mini tip rod.

I've had carp up to 18lb on both rods no problem and also small skimmers, roach and rudd on both rods so they cover the whole spectrum very well indeed.

Deffo better than the other maver rods I linked you too.

Si- Gem does the descriptions on the site, best ask her. She probably copy and pasted off the maver site knowing her  Image Image
I just keep the site running and update it  Image

I had this momma on the float rod.. 18lb

bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

maver abyss match rods

Unread post by bill yards »

Now that really is an ugly looking crappity smack Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

maver abyss match rods

Unread post by Simple »

what a handsome man fish holding it though Image Image
jay

maver abyss match rods

Unread post by jay »

verry nice fish that like, ive heard really good things about the carbonactive rods and you get what you pay for i suppose. ve needed a new feeder rod for a while and have just been putting it off and putting it off but the times come to upgrade and im edging towards the carbonactive i think.
Ive also got the old preston luggage thats got holes and the stitchings coming away but its been well used and was wondering whether anyones got any suggestions on any match luggage thats worth a look
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

maver abyss match rods

Unread post by Simple »

Luggage is a personal thing really, everyone will have their own preferences due to colour, brand etc.

I like Daiwa luggage and was using the tournament luggage till last year when I started using the Airity luggage.
Its well made and actually waterproof. It wipes down really easy if it gets too dirty also. Downside is that its pricey.

Im sure others on here can tell you about what they use.
I think its Mugger that uses GTI luggage and I have heard good things about that gear and its not too pricey either. Image
jay

maver abyss match rods

Unread post by jay »

that airity luggage looks really nice and robust but like you say one of the most expensive on the market, i also saw the airity 4m landing net handles at £110 which i think is ridiculous for what they are, but if ya can afford it, then good on ya.
Mugger
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Happily retired.
Match Team/ Club: Maggotdrowning.com
Sponsor: Taxpayers.

maver abyss match rods

Unread post by Mugger »

I think its Mugger that uses GTI luggage and I have heard good things about that gear and its not too pricey either.   Image

As Simon says I've got a set of custom made GTI Luggage that a friend had made for me as a present. :)
I've been using it for a couple of years now and it shows no signs of wear or tear. All the zips are still fine on both Holdall and Carryall.

The holdall takes 3 made up rods in their ready sleeves in a seperate compartment, while the main section takes 8 tubes in comfort. The carryall takes to much with the outside pockets large enough to take a Preston Mega Side tray.

Quality Kit that I would happily recommend. The man to speak to is Phil Ogden at GTI, his telephone number is 0161 620 2190.
:cheerleader :cheerleader Watch out, watch out, there's a Mugger about :cheerleader :cheerleader
jay

maver abyss match rods

Unread post by jay »

it sounds like nice gear. what sort of prices you paying for this luggage then and have you got any pics of it to show me. cheers
jay

maver abyss match rods

Unread post by jay »

I forgot to say in the last post how welcome people on the site have made me feel and i appreciate people replying to my questions, its always nice to hear other peoples ways of doing things and the suggestions they can give on fishing related matters. I am passionate about fishing and its these types of sites that can help you out alot. thanks again. Image
Mugger
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

maver abyss match rods

Unread post by Mugger »

Jay, below are some pictures that were posted up on Maggotdrowning a while back, mine has no writing on it I'm afraid I haven't got any decent photos of my own kit at the moment. Regarding price, Phil is the man to talk to, as I said mine were a present. :)

[center]Image

Image[/center]
:cheerleader :cheerleader Watch out, watch out, there's a Mugger about :cheerleader :cheerleader
Mugger
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

maver abyss match rods

Unread post by Mugger »

Found a couple of pictures of my kit after all. Image

[center]Image

[/center]
jay

maver abyss match rods

Unread post by jay »

cheers for that mugger maybe ill give him a bell and see what the prices are and take it from there. Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

maver abyss match rods

Unread post by Simple »

Mugger is a proper tart though Jay  :-*Image Image  Image
jay

maver abyss match rods

Unread post by jay »

looks like a nice big carryhall, have no probz fitting my gear in there,