If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Hello all

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
VincetheHat

Hello all

Unread post by VincetheHat »

Hello

Just joined so thought a quick hello was in order!

Been out of the sport for around 5 years after fishing a lot of opens back in the day on "carp puddles" and got bored and lost intrest  :( after being brought up on the rivers.

Have decided to take it all up again but will only fish natural waters and lakes which are not heavily stocked with Carp.

Looking to spend the summer getting back up to speed so to speak and then start fishing opens in the autumn.

Going to fish the GUC at Uxbridge this week for my first trip out giving the new pole and seatbox an outing as cannot fish my beloved Thames just yet.

Anyone got any idea how the GUC around the M40/A40 Lay By is fishing? Planning to give it a match type approach, starting by balling in some groundbait down the track and on the far side laced with squat, caster, corn and maybe a little pellet, the same on the far shelf and also fish a 3m whip under my feet for the first hour while the main lines settle. Planning a pinkie/maggot approach down the track with maybe the odd caster to try and pick up a bonus with the same on the far shelf on 1 rig with another set up with a stronger laccy and beefer rig for worm and corn to try and get a big bonus, will be cupping in chopped worm on this line to. What does everyone think?

Thanks for reeding.

Vince
:D Image
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Hello all

Unread post by Drynet »

Hello Vince Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello all

Unread post by TK »

Whey hey - you sound like a man after my own heart VincetheHat - if you are a 'naturals' man can see you getting on well with a load of members on here Image

Cant help specifically with the GU question, but somebody on here might be alble to

Dont forget to keep us posted with your exploits - and we also love a picture or two if take a camera along with you ;) Image
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Hello all

Unread post by Dodge »

Hello Vince , welcome to the site Image Image

Chris V and Mullarkey will know the GUC in that area well plus the Thames ;) Image Image
VincetheHat

Hello all

Unread post by VincetheHat »

Hi T K

Yes def a Naturals man cannot stand puddles! boring bad condition fish on the most part. There is nothing like catching a real wild fish. I would rather catch a 20lb bag of wild river roach on a long rod and stick on the Thames then 1 Carp from a jumped up muddy puddle any day.

I will keep you all posted taking a camera with me every session.

Really looking forward to the weekend on the GU, it looked really good when I walked it at the weekend.

Vince
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

Hello all

Unread post by Woodhouse »

Welcome t the site Vince