If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

quick question

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

quick question

Unread post by joffmiester »

come on then how long do you do your hook lengths
2"3"4"5"6"
it mystifies me when i see anglers using a three inch hook length,you go to all that trouble of tying a delicate hook on very fine line only to see the knot hanging just above :-? :-?don't get me wrong everything has a reason behind it and i use short hook lengths but not quite as short as 3" b/j fishing or should i be using them that short ;).
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

quick question

Unread post by Dodge »

6 ins for all canal roach squatt, b/joker, bread , hemp fishing.

Up to 24ins/2ft for skimmers and bream on deeper natural venues 8 to 14ft deep.

Usually dont use a hook length on shallow snake / canal type commies targeting F1s and small carp. Dont do much of that fishing nowadays tho ! ;)
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

quick question

Unread post by bill yards »

I tried loads of turns, gobbed on it, missed and hit the cat. Gobbed on it again and when I pulled the line through got a kinky mess just above the hook. I'll stick to me 5 or 6 turns, it does it for me.

Don't use hook lengths, fish 0.065 straight through. S'pose that's why I never get me floats back after I stick 'em up crappity smack trees.

Hehehe Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
two shakes
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament
Match Team/ Club: Cornerstone

quick question

Unread post by two shakes »

Always 10 turns for me on any hook i use on canal.One thing i do religiously is to spit on shank before whipping,then spit on line before pulling knot up.Sounds daft, but knot always seems to slide up shank and tighten better with the shank wetting trick.Mind you,i obviously suffer from OCD,and have had La La laughing down the phone at me,when i told him i wash my floats and rigs in Fairy,to degrease them before shotting.
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

quick question

Unread post by bill yards »

La La laughing down the phone at me,when i told him i wash my floats and rigs in Fairy,to degrease them before shotting.

What are you trying to say Two Shakes.
Do I read between the lines in thinking that you obtain your Fairy from Lala, that figures Image Image Image Image Image Image

quick question

Unread post by Guest »

When i still fished i did about 7 turns. When tightning up, i used to dab a little elastic lubricant on the knot. Never got a line kink and they never slipped whilst fishing either.

All the hooklengths were the same because i made myself a "Heath Robinson" wooden hook tyer.

:D Image