If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

preston fish off good or bad

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

come on then the first national fish off has taken place was it good or bad worth it or not is evesham the right venue should it be ten teams or six lots of questions
why leave good pegs out like 50 and 51 :D :D :D
i thought under cips rules you should not have gaps :-/

1st Barnsley 40pts
2nd Starlets 44
3rd Maver Image 53
4th Shakespeare 62
5th Trentmen 63.5
6th Drennan NW 66
7th Saints 68
8th Hotrods 81.5
9th Harrisons Lincs 90
10th Maver Tipton 92

1st Michael Buchwalder (Shakespeare) 3pts
2nd Dave Brookes (Barnsley) 3
3rd Sean Ashby (Starlets) 4
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

lloydy didnn't you fish evesham
Stoke City DAA, Shropshire Union Canal, Norbury Junction, Staffordshire, Sat. 26. Dave Lloyd (Maver Tipton Van den Eynde) 10-6-8, skimmers and roach plus one small chub, poled squatt and caster, peg 60; Tony Eagles (Four Ashes AC) 6-11-0; Bruce Birch (Four Ashes AC) 6-7-4; Mel Wood (Four Ashes AC) 5-12-8; Paul Ross (Shakespeare) 5-10-8; Paul Dobing (Trabucco Midlands Van den Eynde) 5-1-6.
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Midlands

Unread post by lloydy »

No mate fished division 2. Glad really as I was 2nd Sunday aswell Image bad luck starlets, the team that should be going Image
Chris V
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Chris V »

No mate fished division 2. Glad really as I was 2nd Sunday aswell  Image bad luck starlets, the team that should be going Image

Sorry lloydy to ask just out of intrest why should Starlets be the team that`s going??
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by lloydy »

No mate fished division 2. Glad really as I was 2nd Sunday aswell  Image bad luck starlets, the team that should be going Image

Sorry lloydy to ask just out of intrest why should Starlets be the team that`s going??

Think the fish off devalues div 1 national Chris, i believe the national winners should be going as it has always been. The more team fishing is tinkered with and the more it is pushed to suit the big teams the worse it seems to get.

ps good luck to Barnsley, my opinion is nothing to do with them winning.
Chris V
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Chris V »

I can see your point BUT the competition has now changed and the best team over the weekend won...

Sorry Starlets to say that but if you look at how the draw went the result proves it. Image

I `m waitng for the Angling trust to post the results and i will copy and paste them over so you can see my point Image
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by lloydy »

Think this current Barnsley squad is going to be a bit special, so many class youngsters that are only going to get better Image
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: MaverBaitech
Sponsor: Maver / Baitech

Unread post by CHOPWORM HERO »

Right here is my ten pence !
I only got to fish Sunday due to returning from Ireland and after seeing how clear it was it was never going to be a roach job.
I was surprised how many competitors still mixed loads of clag and threw it all in !!!
Wag and mag won it Sat and a barbel on Sun enough said.
While I think Preston Innovations have made an excellent gesture in putting money into the sport I think this set up is all wrong.
The winners of the National should have the chance of representing their country as for many it will be the only chance they will ever have, fact.
Why not try to set up another competition such as the old Captain Morgan for instance this will bring more teams into the set up and have the final in Denmark for example.
If this set up continues and the elite rule the roost then the Nationals will be over in the next few years end of.
As for my experience of the day, it was pegged wrong, bad atmosphere, loads of moaning, bad sportsmanship and a venue that never was going to respond to the pressure.
Well done to Barnsley for winning the competition, I don't know if they were the best team as I did not have the chance to look at the pegs they had on Saturday.
My day was ok, came 3rd off peg 20 with 1.5 kilos only beaten by barbel on pegs 12 and 13.
I did have a fall out with Tom Pickering before the match due to mixing my soil (2 litres) after being bait checked but this had been cleared with the offcials as I was a bit late starting.
The bait limit was 12 litres so I was well under and in no way was I trying to get an advantage.
Will I fish another, I doubt it !!!
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

should of told him to stick to commercials with all the miserable fu#kers that fish them Image Image Imagesorry taff your ok Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

Right I'm back now.

Must admit I agree with CWH's point of view 100%.
The winning team of the top competition in the country (Nat Champs) should represent their country, end of.
As an afterthought if the National Champs winners also won this top ten teams thing, what really is the point?

Is not all this moaning and groaning, (I have heard more than my share lately) something to do with the cost of fishing these big matches?
In my view, and I could well be wrong, besides the 2% (we all know who they are) some guys get very agitated because they simply can not afford to be there and for the want of a better phrase are just 'hangers on' who want to mix with the 'elite'.

I never thought when I started match fishing over fifty years ago that the word 'class' would ever come into match fishing. What has happened to the 'working man's sport?'

At this current rate of 'progress' it will be matches for a few and matches for the rest.
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

Unread post by Woodhouse »

How much would it cost to fish the two days?...ie pools, bait, etc etc
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

I AGREE with most points from chris,choppy and bill
the working mans fishing and the elite are a million miles apart now most working class are having to work 6 days a week and lines have to be drawn on how much money can be spared from the household bills on whether you can or can't fish at the top level and to be fare a lot do try BUT if you just look at what the starlets have fished in the last month you couldn't put a cost to
THE NATIONAL
THE EVESHAM FESTIVAL
THE WINTERLEAGUE FINAL
THE FISH OFF FOR THE PLACE IN EURO
all matches needed B/J and what goes with it
all needed lots of practice and days off
the average team now-a days barely have 15 in the squad so how can they compete and i'm wondering whether this is having a knock on affect in team matches
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

bye the way i'm not knocking starlets in anyway shape or form what they have achieved is brilliant and well done to them the same can be said about barnsley,shakespeare and dorking
after the top 4 there is quite a group of teams that just can't seam to get there and this is the group of teams are the ones that miss the drennan super leagues and competition like it
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by lloydy »

£180 team entry, £25 each pools per day plus bait
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

Unread post by Woodhouse »

£180 team entry, £25 each pools per day plus bait

£480 quid a team before bait, dirt, grounbait, fuel, .................No wonder team fishing is on its wobbly cheeks
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Has now the time come that team fishing needs to crappity smack the "elite" off ? 

A few full time anglers with everything geared around the England squad just isnt working for mainstream team fishing imo , its been like this for 6 or 7 years maybe longer and look at what a state team fishing is in ! Aswell as being full time these teams have open cheque books plus tackle manufacturers backing and reps fishing with/ for them ...... it doesnt even come close to a level playing field and anyone or any team who chooses to fish against these teams nowadays and using their own hard earned cash to do so is a mug !  Since when has a go cart been able to compete with a formula 1 set up ?   Get the grass roots working class back on board in team fishing and let the "elite " do there own self gratifying international status b o l l o c k s somewhere else   Image Image
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by lloydy »

Has now the time come that team fishing needs to crappity smack the "elite" off ? 

Fishing has always shouted from the rooftops that its the only sport where you can compete against internationals week in week out but is joe blogs now being outpriced to do this
Mullarkey
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Mullarkey »

I agree with most of you in that team fishing needs to be re-vamped, however the solutions available aren`t that obvious. Ideas such as having a handicap system in place like they do in golf seem sensible so that lesser teams can have a realistic chance or alternatively have a final on a mystery venue where the competing teams are only told details at the last minute, no practising just turn up and fish (rather like the old LAA shield final of yesteryear).

Our experience of this weekends fishoff was mixed, we enjoyed the two days pitting ourselves against teams that had extensive knowledge of the venue (4 of our 6 had never fished the venue before). What was a problem was the sheer expense of the four days. This meant that some of our anglers who perhaps should have been in our final six weren`t able to because of the cost. To put this into perpective here is an example of our outlay:

Premier Inn rooms only----------------£750
worm & joker-------------------------£350
other baits----------------------------£100
groundbait & leams-------------------£100
food, drinks etc-----------------------£600
total-----------------------------------£1900

we won £1,000 off the national and £500 for finishing third in the fishoff so theoretically we`re about £400 light so that ain`t too bad, however all of the six who fished have dug deep into their own pockets to finance this foray into the first ever fishoff.
Did we enjoy it? you bet we did
would we do it again? absolutely

The only changes we would make would be the choice of venue as we feel that this fishoff was one too many after the recent battering the venue got during the evesham weekend.
If they want a venue/river to fish that is uniform in depth and with easy parking/access they (the organisers) should start to look outside of the comfort zone of the midlands triangle (evesham, barston, packington somers etc). There are some fantastic river venues that could suit this final and with bloodworm allowed everyone would have a goood time.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

RIVER SOAR AT SUTTON LANE END the only trouble would be fishing it at this time of year is the fact we have the winter league on it from the first week in october :-/ :-/
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

I know I have mentioned it before but why oh why can not Rudyard Lake be used for this type of match.

Rudyard is fairly accessible, good for people that want to watch and has two huge things going for it.

1) Although levels can fluctuate there is far less chance of a cancellation than a spate river. Imagine the logistics/costs if we had more rain and Evesham was cancelled, - it hardly bears thinking about.

2) Rudyard is a much bigger, deeper water and has always withstood the pressure of bloodworm fishing in the past. Personally I think it is a greater test of skill as well as more methods could be used. Having said that maybe a bait limited could be enforced or some teams would go 'silly' there.

On the down side most of the accommodation would have to be in the Potteries area but it is not too far from Rudyard. The peg fees are also reasonably cheap by todays standards too.

Just a thought and an idea; it doesn't bother me if thery have it on the crappity smack moon Image