If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Named and shamed TK Grueller match 6

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Well well well well well well well…………..

What a turn up for the books Grueller match 6 was. :'(

A depleted turnout this week was greeted by a hoar frost with overnight temperatures down to -4c.

Heinzer was recuperating from an operation, Zorro was in sunnier climes no doubt practising his sabre skills, Golden Balls still hadn’t recovered from the shock of not pulling a cock peg out and Simple Simon was chasing the dollar……or had he had enough of series?

After waiting an extra 5 minutes over the pre arranged meeting time for Hoddy and Barb, complete with expected sandwich orders, to show, the contingent entered the station on their own.

Would the station be pumping or would the Kidney Pond be cold and clear?

Didn’t look to bad at all, slightly clear, no vigorous pumping but a trace of war water entering as steam rose from it over two thirds of the length.

However what was concerning again was the resident shoal of fish didn’t appear for Ginger Toms maggots, nor BDM’s latest SB.

It was strongly suggested by certain quarters that peg 13 be left out and that 21 by the hurdy gurdy replace it.

So a decision was made to put both pegs in and whoever was fortunate to pull 13 could have the choice of pegs between the two.

The draw was made and Cotti was pleased to pull supposed plum peg 1 out. A few ‘pleased’ faces and a couple of grumpy ones. Geoff C was grinning from ear to ear to get away from corner 15 to fish peg 11, BDM’s resident peg this series. Mr V pulled out his lowest number peg 4 flanked to his right by Yamo on 5 and ME on 6. Names scribbled down, at the end the BDM was confronted with the choice of peg 10 or 2. Got to be 10…….no - out popped 2. His entitlement to the BDM title was gain called into question A cock peg today? All would be revealed as the day unfolded.

Cutting to the chase, two hours into the match, pegs 1-3 had thrown up a ‘massive’ total of 1 small chublet and gudgeon. Pegs 2 and 3 were dry!!! Whilst Cotti owned up to 3 oz.

Young Shaunie had had a walk about after the hour mark and was pleased to learn that his 2 gudgeon were worth good points today. Back to his peg not to be seen again meant he must have his head down having a few.

No Ginger Tom walking…………..he must be sacking in corner 14?
Tales emerged that ME had had a pull on his black hydro……..but had he managed to snare the beastie? Who knew?

A whoop of delight from peg 3 on the 3 hour mark………Rich C snared a decent roach knocking the pound mark. He was out of jail.

3 hours and 10 minutes into the match BDM was writing the headlines for this report…… ‘BDM goes one better than GT by recording a DN off cock peg peg 2’

Desperately searching for a bite, a gudgeon, anything. Hard up the distinct shelf across, just down the shelf across, in the track, left and right on his feet…………nowt.

Suddenly a twitch of the float and 20 secs later he’s avoided his greatest fear. Feed and ‘rest’ that swim for 5 mins and a switch to a different line saw fish number 2. Chopping and changing saw 5 fish in the net in the next 15 mins for another Harry Houdini.

Whistle and all out and here’s the results and table to date.

PEG MATCH 6 WEIGHT POINTS
1 ROY COTTERELL 0.4.0 9
2 BUM DRAW MASTER 1.10.10 14
3 RICH CASHMORE 2.8.6 18
4 MR V 1.14.15 16
5 YAMO 1.8.6 12
6 ME 0.6.3 10
11 GEOFF CASHMORE 4.13.14 20
12 SHAUN DAVIES 2.3.14 17
14 GINGER TOM 1.8.8 13
15 KOD 1.11.6 15
16 THE WEDGE 2.11.10 19
21 PHIL BROADSTOCK 0.9.1 11

MATCH 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
BUM DRAW MASTER 16 20 15 15 16 14 96
KOD 15 12 20 17 12 15 91
THE WEDGE 18 16 18 8 11 19 90
ZORRO JEFFERY 11 18 16 18 20 0 83
MR V 0 17 13 19 18 16 83
ROY COTTERELL 14 14 17 11 17 9 82
YAMO 17 9 12 16 8 12 74
GINGER TOM 3 19 11 13 10 13 69
PHIL BROADSTOCK 12 11 10 20 3 11 67
SHAUN DAVIES 3 15 9 7 14 17 65
GEOFF CASHMORE 10 0 13 0 19 20 62
SIMPLE SIMON 0 8 19 9 13 0 49
ME 8 6 0 13 7 10 44
GOLDEN BALLS LUDGATE 20 7 0 14 3 0 44
RICHARD CASHMORE 9 0 0 0 15 18 42
HEINZER 13 10 0 10 9 0 42
GEZ FRANCE 19 13 0 0 0 0 32

Tales after the event? Few and far between really – or admitted too.
GT had really enjoyed the day but couldn’t get out 7 ‘beasties’ he hooked in that corner 14.
Young Shaunie on his way to a decent weight off 12 lost a rub a dub at the net because it was too big to go in his landing net.
ME’s black hydro had been stretched but the beastie had sought sanctuary in the brambles.
Mr V got out of jail with 2 chub in the last 20 minutes.

With one match to go……………who wants cock pegs 1 & 2? BDM certainly doesn’t want 2 ever again……….

The combined absence of SS and the need for Harry Houdini exploits means no pickies were taken during infamous match 6
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

This one really lived up to the "Grueller" title. My daughter pulled me peg 4 out of the bag, my lowest draw of the series.  Image
Fancied it , but with the knowledge that if 4 fished, pegs 1 - 3 would also. I was also worried I would not catch Roach today, as this end is too deep. I told Yamo I would have preferred pegs 9 - 12, as they were much shallower, and would warm up quicker. Me and Yamo spent 5 minutes discussing what we could rename BDM. Yamo came up with GBDM (Golden B****ks Draw Master)  Image
Back to the match, and 30 minutes down the track threw up nowt, worried, as I dont likew going over on the brambles too soon  Image
5 mins down either near edge, nowt. 15 mins down track on caster, squatt....nowt  :'(
Yamo, meanwhile on 5 had caught from the off, only small, but fish. Over on the brambles, I had 3 small chublets in about 20 mins, then nothing.Image
Cupped in some liquidised bread at 8 meters, tried punch nothing  Image
never had a bite, until 20 minutes from the end when I had 2 more chub/chublets on caster from the brambles. Houdini act over, weighed in 1.14.15. Hard work, but again enjoyed the match and the crack.  ;)
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Brilliant reports Image

I have NOT had enough of the series by any means, just work was more important than fishing this time Image

Its seems TK is saving the bet match for last Image Image
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by kod »

Brilliant reports  Image

I have NOT had enough of the series by any means, just work was more important than fishing this time  Image

work my ar**  Image havin seen your new girlfriend  Image
recon you've found something better to do Image :D
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Simple »

I wish mate. If she was my girlfriend I wouldn't be fishing full stop Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

, as this end is too deep. I told Yamo I would have preferred pegs 9 - 12,[highlight][/highlight] as they were much shallower, and would warm up quicker. Me and Yamo spent 5 minutes discussing what we could rename BDM. Yamo came up with GBDM (Golden B****ks Draw Master)  Image

Well I;ve said it a number of occasions that 1 & 2 dont always produce.........the results show that although generally they aint bad pegs to draw. When they dont ptoduce its a kick in the teeth..........besides KOD and Cotti weights off 1 in the last two matches there has also been a number of poor weights (incl DNWs in the past)

What was worrying was for the second match in a row, the resident of fish the other side the boom didn't respond to any free offerings before the draw.

Who has drawn peg 11 twice and 12 once in series already but ends up on a choice of 2 instead of 10 when 1-6 didn't produce at all with a number of get out of jail escapades.

My faith in human nature was restored when before the weigh in Mr V stated that you needed a [highlight]high number [/highlight]today given the conditions.

You can't get much higher that 2 .................can you :D :D :D

QED..............BMD title still secure............sod the GBDM title - someone esle can have that :D ...........BDM -I know I only have to listen to the moans over a season from the people on adjacent pegs on matches to know that they are in 'good' company . Typically just ask .....................

Anyway - yesterdays events deserve another thread...........
Anyway
THE_WEDGE

Unread post by THE_WEDGE »

Thought it was all over when i drew 16 and BDM HAD 2, but MR V was right and the high numbers had the fish all be it small fish but they all add up.
Caught gudgeon from the off which was O.K. but thought it wouldn't be enough to claw back any points for the title, so upped the feed and went for something more substantial. Didn't work! Back to basics started again , few gudgeon then small chublets not too bad. then a decent chub so here we go. GB rings, just as i pick up my phone float buries laccie out lost fish. my fault for trying to be clever, could have been costly. last 20 mins of match, do i wait for chub or go with gugeon? think i made the right decision that last run of gudgeon got me an extra point which could be crucial come feb 17th.
Another tough but enjoyable match. look forward to the next one.
By the way, i remember what GB said 1st match: IT'S NOT THE PEG IT'S THE ANGLER ON IT!
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Simple »

I tryed upping the feed when I was on 16 Mr Wedge and resulted in the same as you. I did have one nice roach and then just gudgeon.
Thats deffo where the gudgeon hang out Image
THE_WEDGE

Catch gudgeon from anywhere in that peg but normal days it's not good enough!
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Simple »

I really wanted to fish the tree to the right when I was on it but because of the wind I found it very hard.
Is that where you fished or to the left hand side ?
THE_WEDGE

ad gudgeon off top kit to left and right, in between trees to the left at 12m and to the right at 8m. chub came from between trees to left about 12 inches deep and to right about 24 inches deep. any shallower on right just ad gudgeon.
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Simple »

Right, cheers for that. I never tryed shallow ::) I thought it was too choppy, maybe it would have worked. :-[
THE_WEDGE

Sorry for misleading you but i meant 12 inches of water just off the bank on left fishing 2 inches overdepth cause when water was pumping had to hold it back, but when it stopped i left it to try it and first fish after was a chub. :)
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Thought it was all over when i drew 16 and BDM HAD 2, but MR V was right and the high numbers had the fish all be it small fish but they all add up.
Caught gudgeon from the off which was O.K. but thought it wouldn't be enough to claw back any points for the title, so upped the feed and went for something more substantial. Didn't work! Back to basics started again , few gudgeon then small chublets not too bad. then a decent chub so here we go. GB rings, just as i pick up my phone float buries laccie out lost fish. my fault for trying to be clever, could have been costly. last 20 mins of match, do i wait for chub or go with gugeon? think i made the right decision that last run of gudgeon got me an extra point which could be crucial come feb 17th.
By the way, i remember what GB said 1st match: IT'S NOT THE PEG IT'S THE ANGLER ON IT!

Good right up The Wedge Image
Never ever fished 16, although GT likes the peg.
I never knock the gobies......at least you are putting summat in your net.......unlike me yesterday when i was praying for a gobie trying to avoid a DN :'( but couldn't find one anywhere. Funny how peg 2 changed since you fished it.......too many gobies across that day which you were trying to avoid Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Meant to add it's been good having you along The Wedge. I know this type of fishing wasn't exactly up your street, and you appeared a little hesitant in coming along at the start, but you've certainly bought something along to the party on this series with some good results. Glad youve stuck it out on what has been a pretty hard grueller series. (Actually the hardest I can remember :'()
Need to keep an eye on you for the Cashmores matches and see if I can hang onto your shirt tales with all these carpie matches. Image Following your performance on your one and only cut match I can't see where I'm gunna take the points off you next season Image
THE_WEDGE

Ta for the invite its been an experience but a good one. great bunch of lads and the wide range of knowledge between everyone has really helped. looking forward to the cashmores matches and im sure you will find plenty of cuts and rivers to snatch more than a few points.
P.S. only places i used to fish as a lad with my dad was cuts and rivers. ;)
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Oh no.....................looks like I've got to book 15 silver fish pools for 2008 then :D
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: ENGLISH AND PROUD

Unread post by me »

Oh no.....................looks like I've got to book 15 silver fish pools for 2008 then   :D

you try and find 15 silver fish pools Image
Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Oh no.....................looks like I've got to book 15 silver fish pools for 2008 then   :D

you try and find 15 silver fish pools  Image

:D :D :D All of the pools I book are silverfish 'cuss the beasties do a disappearing act every match :D :D :D (Hurrah)

Good pint ME - I'll have a little think............................. Image

Unread post by Guest »

awful weights, it would have been a stroll in the park for us. The way i keep reading about people 'losing beasties', why cant these people get these fish in ? they might stand a chance then. well done to the young boy, ive watched his results with interest and he is getting better all the time well done young shawnie.sandwiches for this saturday gruller match anyone?