If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

All our yesterdays......bet a few have fished here

For TK's trip down Memory Lane.

Moderator: TK

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

MarkV
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by MarkV »

At the risk of showing my ignorance... is that Huxleys cafe meadow, above the ferry ? Is that Tony Scott ?
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

Unread post by Woodhouse »

At the risk of showing my ignorance... is that Huxleys cafe meadow, above the ferry ? Is that Tony Scott ?
Who???...never heard of him...looks more likie my mate Webby fishing the sigma wand.
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

Think that is the house where Ernie Huxley used to dwell. The ferry runs across the river there. Some caravans on the opposite bank now Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image.
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Does look like Tony Scott.

Maybe Kingfisher will confirm.

By the way, who is Steve Webb? Never heard of him Image Image
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: MaverBaitech
Sponsor: Maver / Baitech

Unread post by CHOPWORM HERO »

Blinkin heck, that's a few years ago !
As Bill say's its changed alot since then !
Does look like Tony as he used to wear black and have a blue visor.
I remember Tony taking me there when I was a kid and the first match I fished was the Evesham Rosebowl towards the end of the season. It was double banked, 200 plus fished it and 3lb 15oz won it ! That was the first time I saw the prototype sigma wand and it was won on that method !
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

i remember stu killen over ordering on them choppy by a country mile a couple of years down the line we used use the swan shot method and stu altered the tip and put a extra long lglass tip and made it brilliant sold loads Image
old_trentman

Unread post by old_trentman »

YES IT IS KINGFISHER LAST PEG IN CARPARK THATS MY LARGE ROD REST ALL IN BLACK AND BLUE VISOR CWH IS DEAD RIGHT ITS LONG TIME AGO STILL HAVE BLUE VISOR AND ROD REST SOME WHERE
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

I remember drawing in that short set of trees on the far bank. It was a W Mids WL and I was three from the ferry. I had 4 lb of bleak and small roach and was third in the match.
The river was well up and it was bottomless over there but on me way across the ferry Mr Huxley asked where I had drew and when I told him he told me just to fish four feet deep with a canal dart and pinkie (rod and line). He said it was crucial to get the depth right as that was where all the fish were in those conditions. Funnily enough that depth thing was spot on.
It might have been the only time we (Stafford Trotters) beat Cofton Hackett on a river in those days.
Kingfisher's mob were miles too good for us but they were fab matches. Image Image Image Image Image
old_trentman

Unread post by old_trentman »

YES THEY WERE GOOD TIMES BILL USED TO FISH SAT AND SUNDAY EVERY WEEK COME RAIN OR SHINE AND THE WINTER LEAGUE WERE GREAT YOU WERE RIGHT THE DEPTH THAT YOU FISH AT UNDER BAD RIVER HAD TO BE SPOT ON
MarkV
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by MarkV »

Yep, its Huxleys allright. Fished it a couple of times last year.

Tony scott showed us how to fish the cut as kids, thats how I remember him. Its was canal darts then. Think it was only this year I threw out a crude home made bread punch he made for us.  Had kept it for old times sake.

As a junior I made 3rd place off the far bank once at Huxleys, from a peg on the far side in the picture.

I'd only got enough money for the ticket and hadnt gone in the pools. Spent the time after dreamin' about the stereo I could have bought if only i'd been able to afford to go in 'em  lol.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Glad that one pricked a few memories and tales :)

Didnt realise that I'd inadvertently posted a picture of 'Old Trentman' too ;) Image