If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Rolling Mill St Winter League

Share your Match Results or Fishing Stories Here.

Moderator: bill yards

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Please tell us more. Where were you? Was you expecting it to be hard or did some other quirk of fate take a hand? I'll have to consider including the venue in next years Grueller Series Image
Conna
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Conna »

Never mind Lee It happens to us all. If they don't want to eat there's nothing at all you can do about it no matter how good you are. Was it a team match you were on or an open?
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

Unread post by Woodhouse »

Please tell us more. Where were you? Was you expecting it to be hard or did some other quirk of fate take a hand?  I'll have to consider including the venue in next years Grueller Series  Image

I drew peg 13 at Oxley Boat yard, Never fished there before but was told it was solid either side of the outflow(pegs 15 and 16)

peg 16 weighed 14-9-5 of roach and skimmers,2nd in match.
peg 15 weighed 22-14-12 of roach and skimmers.
peg 14 had 1 gudgeon
peg 13 DNW
peg 12 1 perch
peg 11 6 perch
peg 10 1 roach
peg 9 DNW
peg 8 DNW
peg 7 1 roach and 1 perch
etc etc etc

I attacked it expecting a few roach.....once you put it in you cant take it out.
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: ENGLISH AND PROUD

Unread post by me »

Image over feeding Image. Told you about taking 4 killo of b&j :P
Image Image
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Image over feeding  Image. Told you about taking 4 killo of b&j  :P

4 kilo lasts about 3 months.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Oxley yard Image Sure I fished that section a couple of times pleasuring about 10 years back - didn't 'know' the pegs but sacked up once but on another occasion moved after a biteless hour to another peg to get bites. It's relatively deep there (6/7ft?) if I remember Image
Conna
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Conna »

I just thought I'd let you all know how this winter league is going.

It was the 4th round today on the Wharfe and after the first 2 matches on Rolling Mill St where I drew abismally and only managed to come 3rd in my sections on the first 2 matches I finally drew a half decent peg on the Wharfe on the 3rd match to win my section and finish 2nd overall. Going into todays match I was on 7 points and lying in 3rd place in the league with the leader on 4 points.

At the draw the first peg to come out of the bag was No 23, the flier but it wasn't me unfortunately, I was next in the bag and pulled out 9 on the nursing home side which is pretty crap but as I was only looking to win my section I wasn't bothered. I set up a caster rig for 13m, a punch rig for 6m, a chop worm rig at 13m and a 3m whip for the squatt.

I started by feeding my punch line followed by the Caster line, I never feed a chop line until I'm struggling, and drip fed the whip line. Putting the punch out 1st I started catching smal Roach but they weren't coming fast enough at all so after half an hour I decided to try the Caster line and had a bite and a Roach straight away so I decided to stop on this for a while. I started feeding the punch line with Caster for a switch later. I was having Caster bites all day but I was having to wait up to 20 mins for a bite at times but I wasn't perturbed because no one was catching particularly well. To cut a long story short, I had a few decent Roach on the 13m line along with a 2lb Tench for a total of 5lbs 2oz and 2nd place overall with the flier 23 winning the match with 8lbs of big Billys, I won my section too which puts me 2nd in the league trailing by 1 point and with 2 matches to go I am in a good position. I am also leading the total weight chart as well but I'm not sure what that total is right now.

Roll on next week :)
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Well done and good report dude, sounded like another tough match.
Keep getting them points Image
Tinky

Unread post by Tinky »

well done john boy sounds like you had a better match than me today,by the way who won the match and who is leading the leage ::)
Conna
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Conna »

I think it's Crocky and Kevin Buxton who are joint 1st at the moment and both of them have had 3 good draws. Terry Dicken won the match of peg 23, he had all big Perch, he fished Red maggot over liquidised bread. That peg is capable of much more if he'd had fed 2 caster lines at 6 and 13m as there are Tench, Bream and big Roach as well as the Perch there. I hold the record off the wharfe at the moment off that peg with 12 or 13lbs, I can't remember now.

Anyway the next 2 matches are in succesive weeks so I'll keep you posted. ;)
Tinky

Unread post by Tinky »

hi dude just read your reply, i just hope you go on to win this winter leage becauce croxy doesnt deserve to win, >:( it will be iv been there and done it fished with the best and bet them all, Image he is a real star when he has the beer in him and george is their to back him up, just glad that im out of it Image i wonder who will run the leage when old jack stops doing it becauce it wont be croxy he dosent know how :P
Conna
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Conna »

perhaps you can take over eh and get some better stamp of angler down to bump the prize money up a bit. Crocky says that he doesn't want the superstars down there (I wonder why) but I do, I love the competition and feel I have acheived more when I win. I could go on matches with bigger turn outs elsewhere but I like Rolling Mill and the Wharfe, if they were out in the countryside and away from the riff raff I would be fishing in much more often on my own.

I know I'm better than 90% of the anglers there and on a par with the other 10%, my results over the 4 years I have been fishing it prove that and that's not me being big headed but just stating a fact. I would like to see the likes of Lee Woodhouse Simon Nickless and Paul ross down there to give me something to work harder for and at the same time perhaps learn some new tricks. It is good fishing, especially in the Wharfe.
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

hi dude just read your reply, i just hope you go on to win this winter leage becauce croxy doesnt deserve to win, >:( it will be iv been there and done it fished with the best and bet them all, Image he is a real star when he has the beer in him and george is their to back him up, just glad that im out of it Image i wonder who will run the leage when old jack stops doing it becauce it wont be croxy he dosent know how :P

who was it that wanted me banned from the boat matches Tink?
Conna
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Conna »

I went on one of those Boat matches once and won it at my 1st attempt, and then they stopped running them. :'( Fancy wanting to ban you Lee, what bad sportsmanship. I relish the thought of fishing among the company of the better anglers. I will always congratulate the winner no matter how good or bad they are but I do love it when the underdog wins coz the smile on their faces is a picture.

When there's an open on Rolling Mill or the Wharfe next time Lee, why don't you just turn up and fish it? Assuming you have nothing much on that is.

Crocky keeps telling me that if you have the satrs fishing them it will spoil it and the regulars will stop turning up, I disagree because it's usually me and 2 others that do all the winning anyway and they still keep turning up, I think if noted anglers started fishing them it would just make the matches more lucrative and worth winning and the regulars would still turn up. Only thing is the odds for winning would go down and that won't bother me in the slightest.
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

I went on one of those Boat matches once and won it at my 1st attempt, and then they stopped running them.  :'(  Fancy wanting to ban you Lee, what bad sportsmanship.  I relish the thought of fishing among the company of the better anglers.  I will always congratulate the winner no matter how good or bad they are but I do love it when the underdog wins coz the smile on their faces is a picture.  

When there's an open on Rolling Mill or the Wharfe next time Lee, why don't you just turn up and fish it?  Assuming you have nothing much on that is.

Crocky keeps telling me that if you have the satrs fishing them it will spoil it and the regulars will stop turning up, I disagree because it's usually me and 2 others that do all the winning anyway and they still keep turning up, I think if noted anglers started fishing them it would just make the matches more lucrative and worth winning and the regulars would still turn up.  Only thing is the odds for winning would go down and that won't bother me in the slightest.

If better anglers started fishing them mate Croxy would go somewhere else and take his mates with him.
Tinky

Unread post by Tinky »

hi lads, what you have just said i totaly agree with, when i first started the boat syndicate what i wanted was to run top matches with both b/w and without, just like lee is doing now there is plenty of fish in that canal and it whould have took it easly,1, we would have made some money and 2 we would have created a bloody good fishery, the pub would proberly been still open and the canal would be in better condition, thats because i would run it correctly, good matchman treat there waters with respect becauce they like catching fish and compeating against each other,croxy thinks he is good could you imagine putting him in our canal squad on a b/w leage say angling times winter leage perish the thought lets face it hes 6 finger shuffle, anyway dude you should not be wasting your time fishing aganst noddys you should be back fishing teams ask lee he is enjoying his self again and why not you work hard all week so we deserve it. Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

How long did that take you to type Tinky, about 1 hour :D ;) :P
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

hi lads, what you have just said i totaly agree with, when i first started the boat syndicate what i wanted was to run top matches with both b/w and without, just like lee is doing now there is plenty of fish in that canal and it whould have took it easly,1, we would have made some money and 2 we would have created a bloody good fishery, the pub would proberly been still open and the canal would be in better condition, thats because i would run it correctly, good matchman treat there waters with respect becauce they like catching fish and compeating against each other,croxy thinks he is good could you imagine putting him in our canal squad on a b/w leage say angling times winter leage perish the thought lets face it hes 6 finger shuffle, anyway dude you should not be wasting your time fishing aganst noddys you should be back fishing teams ask lee he is enjoying his self again and why not you work hard all week so we deserve it. [highlight][/highlight]Image

Too bloody right mate, good bunch of lads and some good matches to fish.
Conna
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Conna »

PMSL :D
Conna
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Conna »

If better anglers started fishing them mate Croxy would go somewhere else and take his mates with him.

That wouldn't be a very good match would it with only 5 people on it :D