If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

All our yesterdays............up Choppies Street?

For TK's trip down Memory Lane.

Moderator: TK

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

newark dyke Image Image
old_trentman

Unread post by old_trentman »

Dfo Trent in Burton Image think the peg is on the gravels above the the raiway bridge opp the btm of the wood that used to be Draklow A C water good pegs CWH WILL PROB PUT ME RIGHT
old_trentman

POS TRENT AT TOP OF WILLINGTON OPP THE WOOD ON THE OLD STRETCH ????????? not sure
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

You'd better delete that second post Kingfisher - you were right first time Image - the Trent at Burton.

That brings back a few memories too - used to have a Drakelow card for getting on for 20 years and had some brilliant club and league matches on there as MrV will testify.

Whilst there were some 'cock' pegs on the Sunken Gardens stretch, you could never ever predict where the winner would come from. Remember a feature in Match Fishing back in the 80's giving a peg by peg run down in which (if my memory serves me right) the section was described as the fairest match venue in the country

And now the stations gone :'(

But the memories of happy days on there exist forever
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: MaverBaitech
Sponsor: Maver / Baitech

Unread post by CHOPWORM HERO »

Its the old Allied water above the Leicester line bridge.
It's just below the Drakelow water with the peg opposite being the last peg on the sunken gardens.
old_trentman

on the same peg CWH mate well done i new you would now i won summer league of those gravels fished big wag over and picked up the hot water line it was so good Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

Bottom of Branston??

Remember drawing next to Boris on the Sunken Gardens. First time we had ever met, we dead heated with 13 lb odd each Image Image
old_trentman

BILL WE COULD WRITE A BOOK ABOUT ALL THESE PEGS OF YEARS GONE BYE THEY WERE GOOD AND PLENTY OF FISH TO NOBODY FISHES IT NOW :'( :'( :'(
petebagup
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament
Match Team/ Club: Long Eaton Fed

Unread post by petebagup »

Blimey next you will be talking about the old Alpha days :)

On a sad note i was in Spillos on Friday and heard about Ken Anderson-some funny stories were being bandied around tho!
old_trentman

They were good days on the derwent get 20 pounds of chub lets and not in the first 30 and had to book in by certain time or you wonot get a peg they were good times sorry going on to much Image Image Image Image
old_trentman

pete if CWH keeps on to me he will get going again looking forward to it Image Image Image Image Image Image
petebagup
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament
Match Team/ Club: Long Eaton Fed

Unread post by petebagup »

Do you remember going across on that ferry at Trent Lock?

The bloke loved to rock it about just to put the fear of god into us Image
old_trentman

YE I DO AND HE USED TO LOAD UP THE BOAT AND AWAY I DONOT LIKE BOATS AT THE BEST OF TIMES Image Image Image I REMEMBER FISHING ABOVE THE BOAT HOUSE ON A RISEING RIVER AND WE WERE TOLD TO PACK UP EARLY BECAUSE IT WAS TO FAST TO TAKE THE BOAT OVER HE STARTED AT THE CROSSING AND ENDED AT THE SOAR MOUTH VERY SCAREY :D :D :D :D :D
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by craftytafty »

Blimey, the old Alpha days. I won my first ever money in an Alpha match on the Derwent at Ambaston I think it was 1978, i'd be 17.
It was December, snow on the ground, freezing fog, you couldn't see the far bank all day and I had 15lb odd of chub, 5th overall won £15. ( oh and the walks were unbelievable!!!!)

Aubrey used to have wednesday matches at Trent Lock, it was like a who's who of fishing at the time.
And that boatman was a psycho
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

They were good days on the derwent get 20 pounds of chub lets and not in the first 30 and had to book in by certain time or you wonot get a peg they were good times sorry going on to much

Yes remember drawing the Borrowash end of the Derwent in one of those Alpha matches. I drew the dreaded crappity smacking scales.
I was first to weigh in, 22 lb odd of bream on a stick float. Chap next door had slightly more.

Anyway it took two and a half hours to weigh in, never seen seen so many 40/50 lb plus chub catches. I was last with my 22 lb odd! If I remember right Bert Russell won this match with a big 60 lb of chub on flake, he told everyone he caught on wasp grub but he had left it at home by mistake!
I was well crappity smack after weighing in, it was pitch black and you could hardly see the dial.
Happy days Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

Blimey, the old Alpha days. I won my first ever money in an Alpha match on the Derwent at Ambaston I think it was 1978, i'd be 17.
It was December, snow on the ground, freezing fog, you couldn't see the far bank all day and I had 15lb odd of chub, 5th overall won £15. ( oh and the walks were unbelievable!!!!)

Aubrey used to have wednesday matches at Trent Lock, it was like a who's who of fishing at the time.
And that boatman was a psycho

taffy can email the dates for hatherton[i think thats the place Image] matches on thursday you've been missing mate Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Remember some of the Derwent matches too. Once drew next peg to Boris Barlow, and he warned me of the walk we had to our pegs  :'(
I loads everything on my back and set off. 3 stops later, Boris passes me with a spring in his step and says "nearly there me duck". He only had his rod bag with him, so I says "have you got to go back and get the rest?" "No he says, I have hired a sherpa!!"   :o  I looked back, and theres a kid of about 12 lugging all his tackle across the fields, struggling like a good un. He was the son of a chap who was fishing the match and Frank had bunged him a couple of quid to carry his tackle both ways  Image
I think it was an hour into the match before I got my breath back  :'(