If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

TK Knockup. 29th Dec

Share your Match Results or Fishing Stories Here.

Moderator: bill yards

Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

TK Knockup. 29th Dec

Unread post by Woodhouse »

Tut tut tut...

i reckon there is 4lb on every peg!

bunch of tossers....yet again a very good venue has been shown in bad light due to your inadequacies..

get some proper bait and some idea! :D :D :P
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: ENGLISH AND PROUD

TK Knockup. 29th Dec

Unread post by me »

reckon there is 4lb on every peg!

well that aint a good venue then ratty bag as th NFA reckon on a match water each peg should have at least 60lb of fish :P now thats more like it Image Image Image
Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

TK Knockup. 29th Dec

Unread post by TK »

I echo some of your sentiments Chockie Munster, but when I saw the colour I knew it was going to be a grueller.............but didn't expect it to be that hard, expecting to scrat a lb or 2 out. I've fished it before when its been grey but always weedled a few more out. Perhaps I couldn't handle the pressure of knowing that SS was battering me further up the cut :P

There's a couple of inlet pipes by the Grove dock and they were gushing water into the cut. I reckon it's a combination of water from the roads, adjoing land and possibly from the tip which is on the opposite side of the cut

Poor old Larry Teepot also struggled on w&j
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

TK Knockup. 29th Dec

Unread post by TK »

yet again a very good venue has been shown in bad light due to your inadequacies..

True Chockie Munster

I think know we need a bit lot more practice............

A few of the guys asked after the match when we doing it again

So there's a strong possibility that next years Grueller series will be exclusively canal based so that we get that much need practice in and hopefully our returns will improve

On reflection yesterday was my fault possibly........should have moved us down to the Common where the colour would probably have been spot on
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

TK Knockup. 29th Dec

Unread post by Simple »

We can't all be as good as you Lee :-[ FACT :D
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

TK Knockup. 29th Dec

Unread post by Woodhouse »

too true Simple...too true!
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: ENGLISH AND PROUD

TK Knockup. 29th Dec

Unread post by me »

si if he was that good he'd fish a gruller match but he came up with excuses last season and asnt fished one this year.
Image Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

TK Knockup. 29th Dec

Unread post by Simple »

Thats upto him isn't it. ;)
MGB
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

TK Knockup. 29th Dec

Unread post by MGB »

There's a couple of inlet pipes by the Grove dock and they were gushing water into the cut. I reckon it's a combination of water from the roads, adjoing land and possibly from the tip which is on the opposite side of the cut  

TK
A lot of that strange grey colour is from the new bridge construction. The new cutting under the new bridge had to be re puddled with a few tons of puddling clay. The excess water was pumped into a specially
constructed holding pond opposite the road where you were pegged. The pumps have been switched off because of the Xmas hols and together with the rain we have had its now overflowing back into the cut!!
MGB
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

TK Knockup. 29th Dec

Unread post by TK »

Cheers for the insight MGB - I have seen the cut a grey colour in the past though down there before the bridgeworks..........but not as severe :'(
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

TK Knockup. 29th Dec

Unread post by TK »

Well at least we had more weigh in than this club on a 'noted' commercial - so it can't have been that bad :D :D :D

http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/ven ... ridge.html
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

TK Knockup. 29th Dec

Unread post by MrV »

Looks like a very tough match lads. All said and done, WELL DONE to all of you for turning up and having a go Image
Its the spirit of the day that matters, not just turning up and catching loads. A bit of banter and a laugh or two can ease the pain sometimes, which is why knock ups like this are important to keep clubs going. Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

TK Knockup. 29th Dec

Unread post by TK »

Got it in one - the banter, pre, during and post match was more than worth it MrV - there was certainly a character or two out on the bank :D :D :D

Despite the weights I really enjoyed the day Image- and despite being 2 drammed by Gerry for the second time to deny a last in frame envelope :'(

:D :D :D