If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Welcome Kingfisher

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Welcome Kingfisher

Unread post by bill yards »

Aye up TS,

Great to 'bump' into ye again after all these weeks!!

Those days on the Trent at Trent Lock and roundabouts were never to be forgotten.
Groundbait and caster, - brill fishing all season. Till the plastic dustbin come in :'( :'(

If I remember right we drew next to one another a few times in those days; it were always good Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Welcome Kingfisher

Unread post by joffmiester »

20 years ago  Image now i do feel old  Image
you must have some very interested stories TS
i'm interested to know why you packed it all in
as you were right at the top of the sport Image but 20 years ago where has that gone
had you achieved everything you wanted to in the sport and it hadn't got the same appeal week in week out the likes of john dean blow river fishing away yet dropped out of competitive fishing soon after john still goes and still works in the trade with sensas as trev often bumps into him.his passion is barbel fishing now on the Trent and has a impressive record ,kim milson another angler at the top
and then there are the likes of me,bill ,choppie and the rest of the crew on here that seam to of been fishing for ever and a day althou my bussiness has taken a lot of my fishing time away but still manage a day in the week and sundays
top marks for bill and choppy who still to this day fish both saturday and sundays and i hope rich can go all the way with the kamasan this year Image  very few natural anglers win that  Image  
old_trentman

Welcome Kingfisher

Unread post by old_trentman »

Hi Joff

this is all new to my it CHOPPIE THATS DONE IT .
Yes 20 + yrs were has it gone ?I packed it all up when i sold my shop through bad health ammonia from maggots etc it was very hard but it had to be if i touched maggots my eyes would puff up and made me very ill .
So i set up new bussiness kitchen fitting etc and have been doing ever since .

It was very hard to live on the banks of the trent and not go .

Then i saw that RICHIE was fishing on the avon on bank holiday Mon (not seen him for 25 years ow my god that was shock )he is so good :D :D :D :D to think he used to seat and watch me all them years ago and now im watching him i do hope he can go all the way would be nice sorry if i have bored you JOFF . THINK I MIGHT HAVE TO GET ME A NEW POLE 16 METRES ???????????? Image Image Image NICE TALKING TO YOU
old_trentman

Welcome Kingfisher

WELL HI BILL ITS BEEN LONG TIME YOU HAVE CHOPPIE TO BLAME FOR THIS .WE HAD SOME GOOD TIMES ON TRENT YES ???/ ALL SO ON TO CUTS ROUND YOUR WAY. THINK RICHE MIGHT GET ME INTO IT AGAIN Image Image

See you still like fishing the bread and it works to Image hope to bump into you again very soon you never now might be on the SHROPI Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Welcome Kingfisher

Unread post by joffmiester »

it must be hard like you say living on the banks of the trent as it was one of the in form rivers this summer really enjoyed the national practice matches running the homemade wagglers and feeding with a cattie bronze maggots and catching a roach a Chuck it doesn't get better than that
bye the way bill on the site is tony keeling not many know that Image Image
what's changed the most looking back over theses 20 years kingfisher
do you rate these commercials :-/
what do you think to the attendances now-er days a good match theses days is 50 back then it must of been 200+
old_trentman

Welcome Kingfisher

You are dead right wots nicer than catching on wag or stick for roach but i do like long pole and short line or long pole and long line for silvers . when every one now fishes the pole on the river .wot would it have been like on trent on the road side at Burton Jo in its hay day Pete Warren and John Dean era .. They class an open match now with 20 pegs on these pools . When in my time 300 400 pegs were commom and you would be lookey to get tickets ..matches at Evasham you would book 12 months ahead I used to run matches on weds when had my shop 60--70 peg sold out
used to fish on the mid severn wefare matches run by the BAA 300+ SOLD OUT Things have changed for the good dont
think so :'( :'( :'( :'(
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: MaverBaitech
Sponsor: Maver / Baitech

Welcome Kingfisher

Unread post by CHOPWORM HERO »

Tooooo right !!!! Kingfisher WILL be fishing next year, I hope ::)