If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Any info on Div 2 results !

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

its between the devil and the deep blue sea :-/ :-/
but would you of helped out if it was a venue you didn't like ????thats seams to be the way team fishing's going its great your lads helped out but whats the next move for dams and lock
its catch 22 which ever way you look at it mate

thats why dorking are so strong all are superb individual anglers and do there own thing 80% of the season but when it comes to any team event none of the squad sheep out they take time off and sort a venue out quickly then pick a team then intensify the practice with that chosen team and i've never heard one of the squad moan about being dropped the same now is with your shakespeare team,starlets and barnsley after that we all struggle
i can why anglers are dropping out the commitment and money is reason enough
petebagup
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament
Match Team/ Club: Long Eaton Fed

Unread post by petebagup »

Not sure about Four candles :D but i know Dams and Locks only seem to fish the national when its on a canal Image

What will happen if the next 3 nationals are on rivers?

Bills idea is the best-but will there be enough river based teams?
macca
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Personal Text: TRUE BLUE
Match Team/ Club: shakespeare superteam
Sponsor: four ashes

Unread post by macca »

next years div 2 is on a canal again so where is the incentive for any river team.                                                                                                                                                            .
Paul_Murrin
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by Paul_Murrin »

where is the incentive for any river team.   
this would be a good incentive . But i dont think it will ever happen .........................................
...............................GET RID OF CLOSE SESON......
         And have a river National in March April or May...when this seems to be the longest times the RIVERS aint in flood :o :o Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image bet a few would like to fish thems months Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Midlands

Unread post by lloydy »

How many anglers now have the kit to fish rivers and how many are gonna buy any to fish a river where you may be looking for 1 bite, we thought we had a team (mostly ringers) but the fact they have to join Angling Trust seems to put them off, if i knew that was the case i would have fished but less and less anglers are prepared to fish where they don't want to just for the team. You can see the Nationals moving to commies if this continues, then these same anglers will moan. Think it is probably time for a river, canal and a commercial national for a couple of years and lets see what happens.
Paul_Murrin
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

what about a river and canal national combined , in the same area  Image like the soar and loughboroug canal five section on each and name where you want your guys to fish  8-) evryones happy what you think joff  Image that would be good
i am   sure there are rivers and canals in the same areas where this could happen  Image Image and this would generate a bit more interest, and revenue for river and canal owners............
Paul_Murrin
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

plus this might help with the angling pressure the venues get ........... and they may not be flattened come national day Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

One of the big problems with River Nationals/part River Nationals is that the choice of venue is undoubtedly getting less and less.
Whether we believe in Global Warming or net something is happening to our rivers. The Trent and Severn certainly do not hold the amount of water they used to and this means having to use more in length of these rivers which does create logistical problems on its own, such as the amount of clubs in use, extra pegging and so on.
In recent years quite a lot of our Fen waters have also become heavily weeded, the Welland and Witham are two examples but there are others.

All this means less choice of venues; apparently the 'less water' problem is also a thing with the Soar; Joff can comment on that.

Nationals on canals are quite a safe bet.

Commercials already monopolise FishO, UK champs, Maver pairs and many others, if Nationals take this route surely this would be the beginning of the end for many of our clubs. I think it would be even more drastic than that it would be THE END of several clubs.

As to people not fishing a National because they have to be member of Angling Trust. Just ask them how they expect these Nationals to be organised; would they do it? I know what the answer would be! Once again anglers are not being able to as far as their own ends of their noses or should that be that bit of leather/plastic in their wobbly cheeks pockets. Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

what about a river and canal national combined , in the same area  Image like the soar and loughborough canal five section on each and name where you want your guys to fish  8-) everyone's happy what you think joff  Image that would be good
i am   sure there are rivers and canals in the same areas where this could happen  Image Image and this would generate a bit more interest, and revenue for river and canal owners............

it turned out a good national back then :-[ i think the canal had as many in the money as the river BUT as bill said something is hitting the rivers around here as water levels and clarity of the water means the river is choked with weed at this time of year like the ere-wash.the summer league last year was fished on the canal out in the country pillings lock to the scrapyard bridge i think the lowest weight ws 3lb 10oz this year i would of been lucky to get 30 fishable pegs out of 60 because of the weed and this part of the canal flows fast than the river at this time of year its full of fish but if i pegged it i'd be hung drawn and quartered the natural river is really a no no at present its no more than a stream in places gin clear and fish stocks are very venerable as for the wider parts yes you could still get 100 pegs in and add 100 pegs on the canal that are fishable leave you well short of a national i'm afraid :-/ :-/ :-/
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

there is a lot to be said about the close season as we could quite easily close the natural river from June to the end of July and like you said a national in the middle or end of may would be good
loughborough and quorn a.s don't have any matches on the natural river until September at least making the peg fee's around £15 each so its only a matter of time before the clubs get into difficulties with the rent of these waters
i work hard to keep money rolling into the club but i feel time is about to run out as many of the old faces now travel else where for there fishing
i know a lot of people go on holiday  at this time of year but the match match on sunday has 18 anglers on it and i feel i'm wasting my time as we have a national coming up on the trent and i'd like to get up there myself
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

OnlineX
View my Profile
joffmiesterSENSAS  VAN JOFF FLOATS
HanKat Crony
Joff Sensas

if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good

Leicester Sensas
SENSAS  VAN JOFF FLOATS
  winter leagues
Yesterday at 10:26am        i've been asked to run a winter league or consider running a winter league on the loughborough canal can you have two leagues in one area or not this could mean 5 teams in each   
the main reason i think is the walks on the natural river for most ,as none of us are getting any younger the winter league last year was probably  the best we have ever had
I've passed everything on what i did and what sections i used yet nothing has come from this and time is running out.i take it the angling times winter league is going a head this year
i don't want to run it be i would like to fish it so I've made a few phone calls and have been quite disappointed in the feedback   
it seams the long walks are taking there toll and long drives to sections   
i jjust wonder what anglers want!!! to me its easy if you don't want long walks and drives fish on a commercial winter league .but if you want natural silverfish fishing you have got to be prepared to lighten up your tackle and walk the canal is a option but and its a big BUT remember once your natural river fishing has gone it won't be coming back the two or three clubs around this area pay a fortune to rent the waters for what 6 to 10 matches a year
just think about it to cover the cost at that rate a peg fee would have to be at least £15
USE IT OR LOOSE IT!!! ITS THAT SIMPLE

i ve just moved this over to this topic

this could work in the winter league half and half  Image canal and river that would cut out the longer walks and drives