If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Cotmanhay..........on paper looks good but........

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Irkthepurists

Unread post by Irkthepurists »

No thanks being an organiser but......

Those maps at the Plough were a wee misleading Sunday!!

The Saturday Carp arking debacle was hilarious!! All them floats and no where to turn...how the jobsworth survived without physical interference shows the restraint that us anglers can show in adversity.....
Image Image Image

petebagup
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament
Match Team/ Club: Long Eaton Fed

Unread post by petebagup »

The match Saturday is peg 120 back to Dockholme lock-parking will be near Aubreys bridge for 120-95 then it will be street parking for the rest.The streets are very busy car wise-hopefully all will be explained.Alan Wright is running Saturdays match.Park at Dockholme for 37-58ish

All i can do is ask Johno to do maps for the Notts maps i cant draw them for him Image
Irkthepurists

Pete...

No complaints at  all, the lads do the v best they can and credit to them, running an 80 + match is a stretch and I really really appreciate the work done as do all our lads..... The only question I have is there no way at all of leaving Cotmanhay out of the national!!
:'( :'( :'(
petebagup
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

A few years ago the "death" draw was the NCB section which is Shipley boat and beyond and sadly we no longer match fish this bit.We used to have the EVWL here but no longer.If you think Cotmanhay is hard........... Image

Cotmanhay is going the same way sadly.

The problem is 60 teams as really you could do with double pegs.Over the years most of the local clubs such as Cotmanhay NCB Durham ox etc have gone the commercial route leaving a few locals to soldier on.

If you take Long Eaton Fed for instance we have been running a summer league for the last 2 years with all the pegging fees going into a pot at the end of the series-first year it was £300 plus pools on the day and we struggled to get 20 blokes there.Fishing was brill last season, with apart from one match where only 8lb topped, 10lb won every match.That was with double pegging and water rotation.Sadly with pressure teams have put on it this year after the national we carry on with our league and the weights will be down.

Still thats life :D
Steve-Knowles

Unread post by Steve-Knowles »

was the people walking the dogs all had the same types you know them pit bull typos

Whats up with bull terriers >:( Image
Irkthepurists

Steve,

no collars, all fitted out with them strange hopefully retraining full body harnesses and all straining out of control on the leash....

If only they had control of the fookin' things!!

Pete,

I was pegged next to Derek below the locks.... cruising to a section win only to find the first two pegs above the locks were in my section then with 10 mins to go Derek snags a 4.5lb dobber.....

Ho hum.....

spent most of the day looking at this....
Image Image Image Image Image Image
petebagup
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Irk,

Thats the joys of Cotmanhay for you :D

Not around for the next 2 weeks so good look for the national.A few good teams shaping up this year-some very good northern teams plus the West Midlands contingent and the Stokies.Not sure about the southern lads might be keeping their cards a bit closer.............dunno ;)

If i had to pick the national winning section it would be THE peg at Cotmanhay followed by that end peg on the Vic or a tencher on Tammy road.With the amount of carp knocking about some one may get lucky but they are big lads!If the tall grasses at Stanton gate show then they stand a chance although with narrow pegs like that the resident bream tend to "disappear",Blimey i wish i was fishing now Image

The winning team will be the one which avoids a blow out on you know where and draws well on the good sections Vic-Tammy road-Hot waters and bomb holes.You have not fished the old Middleton waters in Ilkeston yet-near the gallows pub-6lb won today but a small turnout with the England game on....some big sergeants below the lock Image.Also some good pegs on Station road but the section before that-Durham ox can be iffy.

Be lucky Image
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

Unread post by Woodhouse »

which idiot picks these venues?
Irkthepurists

Thanks for all the info Pete, have a good break.....

I think the drawbag element of this national is hightened by this venue so some very good sides could be blown out by a couple of bad draws....
:D

At least the Staffy was consistent and fairer Lee.....

petebagup
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Parking Saturday for the middle pegs will be Dale avenue-over Aubreys bridge turn left-say 85-75.The next left turn after Dale is tight but park sensibly for 74-60.This is known as the tall chimney section for obvious reasons.

Please also be aware Agent Harold lives close by and if somebody in a Bayern shirt says fish hemp you know you are talking to a leg end Image Image Image