If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

River Yare Result - 21/8/10

Share your Match Results or Fishing Stories Here.

Moderator: bill yards

Waveney_One

Unread post by Waveney_One »

I haven't heard of a date for the King of the Yare this year. To be be honest it has normally been fished by now. I will enquire tomorrow
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Is macca still on a curfew ? Image Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

W/O can't you get a three day festival on there around august the tank commander likes that neck of the woods Image Image Image
Waveney_One

Unread post by Waveney_One »

There are plans for the 2 day match, day on the Bure and Day 2 on the Yare for next August. There will also be a 2 day festival on the Yare for Keith Ford's (the Yare match organiser) 60th Birthday next year. Not sure of the dates as yet but when I get them I will put them up.

The Pontins Festival which has both freshwater and sea matches has a day on the Yare.

I quote from Sarah's website
"The Pontin's Pakefield Fishing Festival is a unique angling festival that covers sea and coarse angling. The coarse angling event is over 4 days and fished on 3 Barford Lakes' venues with one match on the awesome River Yare. The Sea festival can be fished either from the beach, pier or on boats. Coach travel is provided to the fishing venues.

It's a friendly, relaxed, prize based festival with all the added fun of a Pontin's holiday. Very affordable with prices starting at £166 per person for a week's half board accommodation. The first child place is free with two paying adults and there's a full programme of adult and children's entertainment along with heated indoor pool, crazy golf, arcade and tours available to Southwold, Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft town centre.

The majority of the payouts are through tackle prizes and last year's tackle prizes were handed out by Bob Nudd. There are group discounts available for 10+ anglers so whether it's a family holiday or club outing there are incentives for all.

This year's festival will see bait and tackle workshops and demo's throughout the week with Fox Match, Tri-Cast, Dynamite, Nisa Feeders to name a few with more to be confirmed over the following weeks. There will be a tactics forum where venue experts will let you in on their secrets, with River Yare expert Nick Larkin (Nisa Feeders) also giving tips and how to tackle the River. For the sea anglers there will be filleting fish demos along with casting tuition to add distance to your casts. There will also be special Festival deals, offers and prize draws which include a £160 FX Fox rod and case of Dynamite groundbait.

For further enquires contact Pontins Pakefield on 01502 584792 or Sarah at Barford Lakes on 01603 759624.

The festival is from 1st October - 8th October 2010"

So if you have a week's holiday left ----------------------

Unread post by Guest »

Cant wait until me hol at Pontins...

Mind you its 17 years since I fished the Yare! A 2 day Festival which just happened to coincide with the birth of my daughter!!! 11am on day 1....!

Fortunately my wife was so worn out after 12 hours labour I managed to get to see Norwich play on the Saturday afternoon... and she let me fish day 2!!!

I managed to win back the £40'ish the ticket for the 2 days cost me on day 2 with some section money... LOL