If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

A Tragic State Of Affairs

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Has the final nail been been hamered into the coffin of the Brigdewater Canal Manchester ? Albert Morris a diehard NW canal match organiser and only organiser of matches on the Bridgy has now stopped running matches on the venue, poor catches due to cormarant predation has seen the venue decline rapidly over the last 2 seasons .... just 3 or 4 years ago the place was solid with roach, skimmers & silver bream ...... this could be happening to a canal near you if the powers that be dont act quickly on the huge numbers of cormorants that need natural venue fish stocks to feed on !  Sadly it seems too late for once mighty Bridgy !  :(  :'(
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Midlands

Unread post by lloydy »

Trouble is Dodge the cormorants don't decimate furry animals
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Trouble is Dodge the cormorants don't decimate furry animals

True Lloydy ;)
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

good couldn't stand the crappity smacking drive up there bring on the commercials Image Image Image

not true the bridgy had some big matches on it we learnt loads of new methods and brought them down to our canals a sad day dodge from catching wasps on joker cake to hemp roach and then the bream Paul jarram won a super league near the boating club with 24lb in fact we all caught 2 to 6lb
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

That sounds like the Sale area joff just up the road fom me Image . A lot of us are devastated but it was only a matter of time, there are even cormorants in the mega busy Manchester city center residing on the river irwell.

Oh well , my power tops now have purple hydro, double 10s, black hydro, double 8s, double 6s Image Image Image bring on thems carp puddles Image Image
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Midlands

Unread post by lloydy »

That sounds like the Sale area joff just up the road fom me   Image . A lot of us are devastated but it was only a matter of time, there are even cormorants in the mega busy Manchester city center residing on the river irwell.

Oh well , my power tops now have purple hydro, double 10s, black hydro, double 8s, double 6s   Image Image Image bring on thems carp puddles   Image Image

DONT DO IT Image Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

I think we have the Bridgy booked for one round of our Wirral WL Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

I think we have the Bridgy booked for one round of our Wirral WL Image
Image Image Image Image Imageanother 11oz then bill
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

That sounds like the Sale area joff just up the road fom me   Image . A lot of us are devastated but it was only a matter of time, there are even cormorants in the mega busy Manchester city center residing on the river irwell.

Oh well , my power tops now have purple hydro, double 10s, black hydro, double 8s, double 6s   Image Image Image bring on thems carp puddles   Image Image

yes ithink it was there's atrain track on the far bank the day we fished it the trains were full of man utd fans Image Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

another 11oz then bill

No, we are round Warrington somewhere.
No cormorants there , Mancini has bought all the crappity smack
Image Image
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Warrington end is proper pants an all bill , has been for a few years now ..... London Rd Basin is solid tho so thems 3 or 4 pegs are a must ! Image Image Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Dont really know where we are. Moore rings a bell; I'll call in on Hughie Allen Image Image Image
He lives there Image Image
Muckno_Mafia

Unread post by Muckno_Mafia »

Dont really know where we are. Moore rings a bell; I'll call in on Hughie Allen Image Image Image
He lives there Image Image

Tony, if you're coming to Moore you might as well pop round mind for a beer, its only round the corner.
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Not sure when it is Charlie; in the depths of winter sometime.
Still a bit of hope for Muckno Pairs Image Image Image Image Image Image
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by craftytafty »

good couldn't stand the crappity smacking drive up there bring on the commercials Image Image Image

Your journey is almost complete!!!!!
you'll be on the Makins teams of 3 soon

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

taff lakeview yesterday watched bob greenbury on marina 12 just to get my eye in bless him he been really good up there 1st,2x2nd 2x3rd yesterday he had a nightmare
when i got to him yanny said bob was in with a chance of winning the lake so i crept down behind him to watch how he did it i sat there firing questions and my own thoughts as well it was a good afternoon of learning for me
bob came across the same problems as i have had in the past he even lost 4 fish in a row and this from my point of view was good [not from bobs though]it never bothered bob he just said these things happen ,for me it sent loads of questions straight to my brain ,should i go shallower should i change the hook have i feed too much are they foul hooked all this goes around my head at these times .yet bob carried on and the next six went in the net no trouble
i asked if he had tried any other lines ,he had but the line he was fishing was the best and he stuck to it the whole time i was there
sometimes it went quiet :-/and i said do you think they have eaten everything again thats what i'd be thinking.but this didn't bother bob as he said if you look around the lake the fish come in runs then back off but it won't be for long
and fair enough what seamed like hours but turned out only minutes they had come back bob ended up with 58lb 4th on the lake 81lb won the day paste shallow Image Imagesomething else to think about
but if bob had taken everyfish i would of thought he'd of been close
he lost two rigs
tangled quiet afew times
broke a no3 by putting his thumb through it
so there had been lots of moments where bob could of made his weight better
from my point of view it was nice to see one of our top anglers having the same problems as we all do
what i did learn is its not all about speed but getting your hooked fish out Image Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Sensas pole? Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by craftytafty »

Joff, don't know what size the fish are in Marina now, but if you break a match down and work out what you need per hour there isn't a need to rush and very often the last hour is the best and we may be fishing down the margin so the fish are usually bigger and you can put a lot of weight in your net late on.
I see so many people panicking if they aren't catching early and they've picked up every rig they've got in the first half hour, the method for example, a lot of people throw it up the bank after 20 mins if it's not wanging round. They do that at Blythe a lot of the guys, it just plays into your hands ( Ask Fin, he loves it when people come off the method near him)

how many matches have you lost a fish and it's cost you when maybe taking your time and not rushing it you'd have landed it.

sometimes, especially this time of year, if they've just spawned and aren't really feeding you may hook fish for example just outside the mouth. you will lose a few then, just accept it and concentrate on the next fish or sometimes they do just back off. what's the point in chasing them, you just end up going up your own jacksy!

Bob's attitude to it is spot on, don't dwell on it, just carry on
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Sensas pole? Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

old sensas pole bill Imagevery old sensas pole in fact
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

taff the F1s most were hooked right on the edge of there lips and often the hook came out in the net so they were very iffy Image