If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Curse match 4 2010 - cutting it at Curborough

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Dunno what it was with this one, but buzzing for it I was not.  :-/ In fact if anything as the day progressed I became more and more disinterested with things.

At the end of the match, when I initially thought a ‘contributing’ member of these forums had snatched a victory, I thought to myself, ‘Great, I can have a ‘weekend off’ and he can post the ‘report’ from a victors perspective’………… Image but sadly that thought had to go out of the window when I looked at the weights to do the payout.............. Image

So here we go…………I’ll try not to be too boring. Just remember crap carp fishing isn’t exactly my forte - to be brutally honest I don’t think I’ve a clue what I’m doing as all of my best laid plans - and I’ve tried a few - never seem to come to fruition  :-/

Following advice from OBI Image, team E were armed with the ‘secret’ bait  Image that was going to put the rest of the field to the sword. :D  Well I say the rest of the field, but mean with the exclusion of my travelling partner Heinzer, who I’d confided in……….. Image

Spose my negativity of the day started half way on the way to the venue with the realization that I’d left my ‘snap and drinks’ in the fridge.  Image Shame really because as far as ‘commercials’ go, Curborough is one of my ‘favoured ones’ The management here are always pleasant, Image don’t pester you   Image or ‘dictate aggressively’ like some we’ve experienced   Image and generally ‘let you get on with it’   Image as long as you comply with the fishery rules which are not overly elaborate. Image

So my input for this match organisationally was minimal as I basically left Heinzer, KOD and Cheslynboy as designated treasurer for the day as I went off in search of a sarnie at the café.Cheers guys  Image

Now where did I not wanna draw today? I could remember watching the Chockie Munster fish an open a year or two back and struggle - along with several of the adjacent anglers  - on the lhs section. See Joffie - proof that Leroy doesn’t always draw flyers or end pegs.  :D Looking on the draw board that was the high 20’s.   :(

With only a few pegs left in the bag, what did I pull out……….……peg 28.  :'( Certainly not where I wanted to be, adding to my negativity. On arrival at the peg which I'm sure was the one that Chockie Munster fished,  :( this increased as I also thought it was gunna be a bit of a ‘quiet un’. 

Remember, last match I’d had Big Baz giving me earache for 5 hours off the next peg, whereas today I just couldn’t see where the banter was going to come from. :-/

We kicked off 15 mins early as requested ‘by the management’ to facilitate the weighing in that the fishery does as there was an open on the adjacent match pool.

8 lines were fed.

:o  - is that where I’m going wrong  Image

3 lines ‘tight’ across, one with OBI’s SB  Image, 2 down the track, one of which had OBI’s SB  Image, 2 margins and I flicked a few  Image down the inside shelf in front of me.

Seeing everyone go tight over, I thought I’d let these settle for 10 mins, and I went down the track over’s OBI’s SB  Image
A bite  Image

A gudgeon  :'(

Another bite  Image

Another gudgeon  Image

A third bite  Image

A third gudgeon. Image

Sod this, a look tight across on OBIs SB  Image - nowt  :o

On a differing tight line I picked up a couple of v small tincas on a change bait.

But it was quiet for me, similar to those few anglers I could see……..so being the lazy so and so I am I came shorter. In fact not a bad move as I picked up a few bits and pieces and had about 5lb in the net in the first 45 mins before things died………… :'(

In fact things were a tad difficult for most in view, other than for Heinzer on ‘opposite’ bank peg 24 in the corner who appeared to be catching at regular intervals and KOD a few pegs away who was plundering a shoal of goldfish whilst Big Baz on the next peg went 1.5 hours without  a bite. Image

Talking of goldfish, dunno how KOD managed to snare them - those in my peg had 'other' things on their mind.........in fact lots were almost 'up the bank' as they thrashed about. If I'd have been so inclined I'm sure I could have scooped up a couple of pound of 'em to boost my weight  :D  Image

Struggling for bites even on the mag, I was bored out of my tree………reflected by the fact that I only bothered to get the camera out of my box once to catch this sight of a pigeon that landed on KODs pole causing a bit of a stir further down the bank.

TBH, at 12.15pm I could have gone home…………..but Heinzer was the pilot

So on a even lighter rig I set up I managed to wheedle out a few fish in those last couple of hours that tested the lackie and the hook length, until I latched into a better sample in the 4-5lb category that played me for about10 mins. As I managed to get it closer, I saw why……foul hooked in the gut…………..putting more and more pressure on it to try and get it up in the water, the hook pulled………. Image

I knew KOD had had a good first half of the match, that Heinzer kept netting fish and that Cheslynboy out of view was having one a bung. How the rest of the pool was fishing I hadn’t a clue.

The one saving grace was that I’d got my nose in front of the two anglers either side of me - that was until Rich C to my left had a 7lber with about 35 mins left……….then proceded to have a similar sized fish with 20 mins left. I knew I had been blown away by those two fish………… 

Despite all on reflection looking at the results, all in all it was not a bad 'match' - no body walked it, and there’s some decent chasing back up weights.  Image  So here you go.........

PEG ANGLER WEIGHT
16 Sprucey 15.9.0
18 MrV 17.8.0
20 Cotti 26.0.0
22 Cheslynboy 26.7.0
24 Heinzer 16.14.0
25 Blues4eva 9.0.0
26 Yamo 6.0.0
28 TK 16.10.0
29 R Cashmore 20.4.0
31 KOD 22.0.0
32 Big Baz 21.6.0
34 Veste 10.0.0
35 M Evans 14.10.0
37 HaHa 28.10.0
38 Ball it In DNW
40 Zorro 24.0.0
41 Lasher 7.7.0
43 G Cashmore 8.2.0
44 MGB 5.14.0
A Phil B 10.10.0
B Harry the Hitman 26.11.0
C Tommy Cooper 14.14.0

Pegs A,B & C were in the disabled section, not sure where they fit in with the pegging - perhaps OBI or Snowie can advise.

Ps - good to see you again Snowie  Image

Pps - last time I tell you owt Heinzer   Image  :P  - fancy ouncing me  :'( and I couldn’t believe it when you told me you had EVERY fish on OBI’s SB…….compared to my few gudgeon. Strange game this fishing malarkey is………. :D

Over to Sprucey for a picture or two
[reason]Correction to heinzers peg no[/reason]
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

thats a big pole cup TK Image Image
cheslynboy
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker
Personal Text: Fishing is relaxing except when on matches
Match Team/ Club: Rough Hay A C

Unread post by cheslynboy »

Nice write up TK shame you didn't enjoy the match thou  :'(
I was out for a good day regardless of anything untowards happening as it was my birthday  Image Image Image an old fart now but on the bright side i can fish with the pensioners next year  Image Image Image
On my match front i was using a bait i'm confident on the canal as have done well before the good old bread punch Image
Straight from the off right over with a cupful of punch about 6inches off the reeds also pellets put to the right and maggots to the left but these never produced as all the fish seemed to be in the small bay opposite me Image
Within the first few minutes of the match down went the float out came a goldfish about 1/2 lb this continued on and off for the next few hours then disastor struck float went down elastic shot out hook length gone ahh well  :'( :'( :'(
Tried on the inside and had a couple of large goldfish but was struggling with my landing net as i was using a spare one and found at full length was to heavy so cut down to two sections then really had to stretch to net them which resulted in a few lost fish  Image Image Image also meant i lost the match overall but thats fishing
Last hour was very productive with a few proper carp showing biggest about 5lbs  Image
At the weigh in i really thought that Cotti had beat me as he never seemed to stop catching all match but was chuffed that i ounced him for 3rd place  Image Image
Again TK thankyou very much for the invitation and i'll be forwarding my invoice for being the treasurer  Image Image Image
Hope i can make a few more during the year if allowed to  Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Nice write up TK shame you didn't enjoy the match thou

Think I'd just got a mardy on Cheslynboy  ;)

Mind that aint nothing new  :D

Cheers for your input and write up  Image
Hope i can make a few more during the year if allowed to

If there's a peg going, you and the other 'guests' are always welcome. Image ......our membership turnouts so far aint been nothing to write home about - but perhaps I need to temper my expectations  :-/
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

I bet KOD always pulls the nice birds Image Image

Great report TK, looks like a nice close match.
8 lines Image Image
Did anyone try shallow on double caster ?

After the second line of Cheslyns post I could imagine the trumpet coming out. tooooot tooooot Image Image
Well done and happy birthday you old bugger Image

Fair play to Harry, about time he caught a few fish instead of tree's, cars and boats :D Image Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Nice write up lads  Image My match was a bit stop start to say the least!! Fed 6 lines (if I feed more than that Icant remember where I put my bait  :( )
2 lines over, 2 down the track and left and right inside. First 2 puts in on my inside left line, 2 small tincas. Then nothing. First 2 puts in down the track, 2 goldfish, then nothing  :o
Spent the next 3 hours having odd fish off different lines and different baits. Then....a goldfish nearly every put in for 45mins tight over on pellet  :D Sprucey then comments how I am now sacking and lo and behold, the bites dried up  Image Cheers Andy  :'(
Last half hour it was back to picking up odd fish again but enjoyed the match. When I lifted the net out to weigh in you needed sunglasses 8-) I have never had so many technicolor fish  :D
Well done Ginge for your victory  Image Well done Harry, what a team player  Image Well done Cheslynboy, despite all your moaning about barbless hooks  Image
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: At least I turn up & try !!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG

Unread post by Obi »

WHAAAT 8 lines tk who told ya that they probably got dizzy swimming from bait to bait and gave up

u had gobi,s ??? i reckon cheslynboy bought em with him and tipped em in your peg when u not lookin, Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Did anyone try shallow on double caster ?

Yep Simps ;) But absolutely no sign of any fish 'up in the water' to intercept 'em :(

After the second line of Cheslyns post I could imagine the trumpet coming out. tooooot tooooot

Image I'd already delegated the treasurers role to him earlier on and was gunna press him into being Chief Scribe for this one - but all those lost fish and barbless hooks Cheslynboy :D Image :P ;)
Fair play to Harry, about time he caught a few fish instead of tree's, cars and boats

Harry the Hitman may be on a disciplinary for not following team instructions ;) - an investigation is underway because he reported that he had all his fish on Image rather than OBI's SB Image :D
Martin_Evans

Unread post by Martin_Evans »

Hello all, not posted on here before but thought it was about time I joined in the fun! I enjoyed the match, and not a boat in sight this week  :)

I started off over the far bank on caster but only had gudgeon and the odd little goldfish. Slow and steady on the bits with the odd goldie until about 2 hours to go when I sussed it out and changed to the  Image . Straight away I got into a good Tench, got to have been 4lb easy, but I lost him over the net. When he was beaten the hook pulled free. I'm sure he winked before he swam off  :(

After that it was a fish a chuck as soon as the bait hit bottom. I caught loads of tench but only small ones. Must have had 60 fish for my 14lb 10. No matter what, I couldn't find a carp. Looking at the weights, if I had started off how I finished I may have been there or thereabouts.
Geoff_E
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Geoff_E »

Hello all, not posted on here before but thought it was about time I joined in the fun! I enjoyed the match, and not a boat in sight this week  :)

I started off over the far bank on caster but only had gudgeon and the odd little goldfish. Slow and steady on the bits with the odd goldie until about 2 hours to go when I sussed it out and changed to the  Image . Straight away I got into a good Tench, got to have been 4lb easy, but I lost him over the net. When he was beaten the hook pulled free. I'm sure he winked before he swam off  :(

After that it was a fish a chuck as soon as the bait hit bottom. I caught loads of tench but only small ones. Must have had 60 fish for my 14lb 10. No matter what, I couldn't find a carp. Looking at the weights, if I had started off how I finished I may have been there or thereabouts.

I've had to listen to that all bloody weekend  Image Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Hello all, not posted on here before but thought it was about time I joined in the fun!

Bout time too Martin - welcome aboard Image And thanks for the post - here's to many more Image

Mind I think we may have to change that username to something a tad more 'adventurous' ;)
Martin_Evans

Unread post by Martin_Evans »

I've had to listen to that all bloody weekend
Mind your own you  >:(  :D
Mind I think we may have to change that username to something a tad more 'adventurous'Wink
Fine by me TK, but judging by the suggestions before the matches, I've not found a suitable one yet to say the least!

I might have a go at a match report next time, I'll take my camera!
Geoff_E
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Geoff_E »

KIDS ::)
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Fine by me TK, but judging by the suggestions before the matches, I've not found a suitable one yet to say the least!

It's arly days yet - we'll 'dream' summat up if you dont re-christen yourself in the meantime ;)
might have a go at a match report next time, I'll take my camera!

Mugger
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Happily retired.
Match Team/ Club: Maggotdrowning.com
Sponsor: Taxpayers.

Unread post by Mugger »

Dunno what it was with this one, but buzzing for it I was not.  :-/ In fact if anything as the day progressed I became more and more disinterested with things.

I think we all get the odd days like that. :(

Looking at the weights are you sure this was a  Image match Tony? Image

There's your problem, you're just not used to fishing a match where so much is caught. Image

Excellent report as always  Image you just need to get the photography department to pull their finger out. ;)
:cheerleader :cheerleader Watch out, watch out, there's a Mugger about :cheerleader :cheerleader
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

had gobi,s ??? i reckon cheslynboy bought em with him and tipped em in your peg when u not lookin,

I was a little late arriving at my peg to set up...........wandered why Cheslynboy was scurrying back to his with a little smile to himself :D
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

i hope bill doesn't see that tree or he might want to fish the next one the reeds look handy as well Image Image
Sprucey

Unread post by Sprucey »

after arranging with tk to meet at his house,and being pleasantly surprised that he had remembered.

i arrived at 7-50 to find the old fellow mouching about,getting his kit together.

while he was showing me what bait (secret) he was going to use heinzer arrived.

so we quickly loaded his car and we were off for the relatively short drive to curborough.

with nets quickly dipped ,the niceties of the day commenced.

it's been a long time since,a fine body of men such as this have been assembled in my eyes

don't just stand there trumpet boy help me up

oh,god one presentation and we've got frank sinatra in the club (sorry heinzer)

mr v and a gentleman

crappity smack me these glasses are good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

speaking to mr v and harry 911,i only asked how there holiday's went to be told they didn't and given the icy stare(oops)

tk unloads me of all my shrapnel,and the draw commence's.

i'll play cagey at this one after the last two draws,so i wait till theres only two left.

one for me and one for fatty kendal,who's allegedly on his way?????

peg 16 stick's to my mitt,this leaves peg 15 for f kendal.

next peg to my left is mr v ,so this is going to be an hard match to get any result from!!!!

i assemble 4 rig's for the day,1 for tight over,2 for the track,and 1 for the inside edge.

with about 10min's before the start,i have a wander and take a few piccies.

the whistle blows,so i have a wander back.

passing mr v i ask why he has the board,oh he say's if fatty kendal doesn't come, you will have to do the recording,

cause robin the owner and his crew do the actual weighing

bloody brilliant 3 matches fished (for me) and twice on the scales and once on the board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's definately the curse on me thank's tk

i would like to say the match went to plan,but it didn't.

i couldn't catch across at all,with the total for the far side only 5 fish??

although i could see goldfish spawning all day on the far bank. very frustrating.

i thought i had seen a few fish flashing just below the surface,so i changed a track rig for a "silvers" rig and started to

have a few,but i couldn't settle them and they were sporadic all day.

i knew catching silvers wasn't going to win cause i could see cotti 2 pegs to my left catching steady all day,

round the corner from cotti,the trumpet player was also catching a few.

mr v next to me had a good last one and a half hrs,while my swim slowly declined.

i thought it would be close between  us.

i was first to weigh with my catch going 15-9-0,next mr v with his catch going 17-8-0,followed by cotti weighing a level

26-0-0,just beaten by the trumpet playerweighing 26-7-0

the winner of the day went to haha who weighed in 28-10-0

special mention must go to harry 911 who after tk's pep talk managed second place with 26-11-0

look's like harry's holding the team up Image Image

tk should have posted by now so it's on to the piccies especially for joff

my peg

to my right

to my left

mr v and a gentleman

bread master cotti

i'm sure si can photoshop a trumpet in here

heinzer and resident crooner

just noticed i'm taking his pic

blues4eva at least his not looking at my crotch

yammo very happy  i'll have what ever his had

the bewildered

rich cashmore before catching naughty fish at the end

kod at least with both hands on the pole he can't make rude jesture's

big baz apparantly loves his pic taken Image

denis giving me a wave. i think ::)

today's winner hiding behind a bush ,that's where i went wrong :D :D

cotti the marathon's on sunday

trumpet's catch

heinzer with his catch

what day is it again??? Image

rich's catch

see he can be nice to me when he tries

big baz

another for baz bless him

veste with his catch

martin wondering why there's no chub >:( Image

today's winner haha well done that man Image

it's no good asking me denis look at my result

g cashmore

mgb with his catch

phil suitably attired

the legend that is harry 911

tommy cooper with his funfair catch

that's all till next time Image Image Image

apologise's for the catch piccies but with recording,it was very difficult to take good picture's
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Brill Sprucey Image

Love those quips Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom