If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Warks Winter league Final round

Share your Match Results or Fishing Stories Here.

Moderator: bill yards

Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

eh up ratbag,really upset i am, had a day off work today to get my car mot`d and i bought my favourite matchfishing magazine to read while i was waiting, went straight to end pegs bit and my heart sank :'( quote -the best `A T winter league in the country` and no mention of our teams mate ?? and specially the 1 point tonkin we at sensas n w gave shaky with a man short in the first round ;) thought there was 10 teams in the warks winter lge not just shaky,drennan nw,fox tipton & browning central :-[ wheres me hanky :'(
endpeg
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by endpeg »

That's sub-editors for you trying to trim my content to fit just 3 pages every month! I think I listed them all but apparently no one had ever heard of Sensas NW! ::) Only joking...
endpeg
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by endpeg »

...are we all going to be blanking on a tap-water clear Trent & Misery on Sunday??? :-/
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

Unread post by Woodhouse »

...are we all going to be blanking on a tap-water clear Trent & Misery on Sunday??? :-/

I'm not...

My shoulder still aint very good.
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

will be well chuffed if i do a pound......tonys moved a couple of sections that were in last year, he`s pegging the incinerator length i believe Image
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

eh up ratbag,really upset i am, had a day off work today to get my car mot`d and i bought my favourite matchfishing magazine to read while i was waiting, went straight to end pegs bit and my heart sank  :'( quote -the best `A T winter league in the country` and no mention of our teams mate ?? and specially the 1 point tonkin we at sensas n w gave shaky with a man short in the first round  ;) thought there was 10 teams in the warks winter lge not just shaky,drennan nw,fox tipton & browning central  :-[ wheres me hanky  :'(

I couldn't understand what he was on about!

olroit taypot....sorry oi ay gor a spare kaypnet....whats the ****'s a Kaypnet?
frank
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by frank »

he`s pegging the incinerator length i believe

aint going to be that cold
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

will be well chuffed if i do a pound......tonys moved a couple of sections that were in last year, he`s pegging the incinerator length i believe  Image
A pound i wish !! could see the bottom in the middle of the canal :'( :'( :'(
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

What you have Dodge3
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

A pound i wish !! could see the bottom in the middle of the canal

What - worse than the Curley Wyrley Image
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

lot worse than the curly wurly T K. I blanked ratbag along with a lot of others, 10oz was third in my section of 13 !! :( :( :(
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Bl**dy hell - our cuts clear - just ask Endpeg Taypot Image but I always expect to scrat a few bits out.........perchball style without the joker ;)

Mind I remember fishing a winter league match many moons ago - remember aint the word - when 12 or 13 out of the section of 15 drynetted - a gudgeon was good enuff to take the cash

Perhaps Endpeg will go softly on me now in MF..........and give the Curley Wyrley another go ............please
endpeg
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by endpeg »

Im not complaining, the Trent & Mersey was fine for me and my team yesterday! ;)
endpeg
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by endpeg »

...even though the other 4 in my team were all blanking three hours in!
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Im not complaining, the Trent & Mersey was fine for me and my team yesterday! ;)

How did you fair Endpeg ?
endpeg
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by endpeg »

Danny Carter won with 5lb, I was 2nd with 3lb 10oz :D , then Quinny and Matt Derry 3rd and 4th. Apart from me, our team was all blanking with 3 hours to go but superior skill (a bit of luck, more like ;)) saw us all through!
endpeg
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by endpeg »

Next round's at Middleport where it'll probably fish about the same. Wonder if 'my' turning bay's still there...
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Paul bick was around the corner from me and i think he had 6 roach for a pound at the death for mega points after the boat went through.
endpeg
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by endpeg »

I know mate. Quinny and McCall had last gasp fish too! They had ounces either side of me and one peg was an end peg on cables! If Pickerings (Jimmy Hines, Paul Hughes, Simon Nickless etc) came last then it doesnt say much for how well it fished – there were probably more cyclists than fish on the day!
endpeg
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by endpeg »

FYI from Anglers Mail website:

* FMS WL, Round One, Trent and Mersey Canal, Trentham Meadows, Sun. 65. Dan Carter (Fox Match Van den Eynde) 5-8-8, roach and perch to joker, black pipe area; Jon Arthur (Shakespeare) 3-10-13; Rob Quinn (Shakespeare) 3-9-0; Matt Derry (Carthy's) 3-6-14; Fred Cheetham (Team Eclipse) 3-2-2; Keith Hulland (Team Eclipse) 2-9-6.
Teams: Shakespeare 51; WB Clarke Van den Eynde Red 44; Fox Tipton Van den Eynde 38; Sensas North West Blue 36; Carthy's Tackle 35; Team Eclipse 34.