If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

national fish off top tean teams

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

Evesham to host World Club Champs Qualifier - 27/07/2010

The new Preston Innovations Classic, a 10-team event organised by the Angling Trust (AT) to decide which team will represent England in the World Club Championship next year, will take place over the weekend of September 25th and 26th on the Warwickshire Avon at Evesham.

The competition, with bloodworm and joker allowed, will see the top 10 Division One National teams competing for four hours over both days and Dick Clegg, the AT’s International Events Director, said: “This will be a real test for the 10 teams of six anglers involved and I expect it to be a interesting and challenging two days.

“Whichever team wins through to represent England next year will fully deserve to be there, as every member of the team will have to perform to his or her peak in order to get through.”

Spectators are welcome to watch the proceedings, with parking and refreshments available at Hampton Ferry in Boat Lane, Evesham. The matches will take in the pegs on the Crown Meadow and Hampton Ferry.
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Midlands

Unread post by lloydy »

Another stitch up by a big team that ain't got a traditional river or canal team to win a national but an awesome international worm team. I think its a disgrace
macca
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Personal Text: TRUE BLUE
Match Team/ Club: shakespeare superteam
Sponsor: four ashes

Unread post by macca »

couldnt agree with you more lloydy,even if a small team wone the national what chance will they have on a venue that all the big sides know inside out,just look at the a/t final on the nene.
Irkthepurists

Unread post by Irkthepurists »

We (TCP) are in the planning process for the Nene at the mo, A decent winter canal team, we practised really hard for Heronbrook  a fantastic 3rd place finish only to be rewarded with a Bloodworm match in Sept which is effectively to CIPS rules.....

We've qualified 3 yrs running for the semi's now we've got to the final we've got to ask what is the point? It's so skewiffed to the big boys....

Even more gaulling for 3rd on the semi the team won diddles..... not a penny.....
:'( :'(
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: MaverBaitech
Sponsor: Maver / Baitech

Unread post by CHOPWORM HERO »

This could get interesting Image Image Image Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

Some very good points there.

I know quite a few of the locals are not too happy about bloodworm being in.

At the end of the day they fish it all year and not for one weekend; personally I think they have a point. Image Image Image

It is not easy to 'balance' the issue but I feel if bloodworm HAS to be in September match angling is becoming a little 'elitist'.

OK I have said my piece, now give me a crappity smack big bollocking. Image Image
cheslynboy
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker
Personal Text: Fishing is relaxing except when on matches
Match Team/ Club: Rough Hay A C

Unread post by cheslynboy »

ok you have been boll***d Image Image Image Image
Whens the practice for the angling trust i need to learn how to avoid being bolloc*** Image Image Image Image Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Aye up Chezzer,

Paul has some practise matchers for the Ind National coming up. The entry is a bit disappointing at the moment, maybe they are holding on their cash until later. The closing day has been moved to Aug 29th.
I have mentioned the issue of stewards but I think the reply will obviousdly come after the entry has closed.

Hic Image Image Image Image
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: MaverBaitech
Sponsor: Maver / Baitech

Unread post by CHOPWORM HERO »

Ok here we go !
I am very surprised that anybody thought any different to the type of venue and bait that would be used for this match !
If my memory serves me well Essex were the only team to win this world club match thingy in 1982.
This new format has been designed to get the top teams in the back door if you like then dominate the 10 team fish off.
I do not agree with this by the way and feel that the honour of winning the National should allow the winning team a chance of a lifetime to represent their country and enjoy the experience.
I do think it was a fantastic gesture from preston to put money back into the sport, however I think a revival of the super league in a different format would have been the way to go.
I wonder if this will eventually reduce the numbers in the National champs, when the smaller teams get fed up of being turned over on a bloodworm match when they have made the top ten.
We will see !!!!!
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Fair do's Preston do have to be commended in putting money into match fishing.

Unless I'm barking up the wrong guzgog bush what is wrong with the top ten teams fishing their match on some of the sections they qualified on, - to the same Rules that were implied in the National.

Is that too easy or what Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Image Image Imagefor and against on this one i can see both sides choppy is dead right the the status thats goes with winning a division one national is second to none your the top team in the country FACT and horses for courses canal or river
the problem lies when you qualify for this world club team championship one the cost to each individual is tremendous 2 are some teams really bothered about it say a canal team would they be able to get a team that wanted to go
I've been to two sensas finals and the Europeans take there fishing a lot more serious then we do believe me fishing is the first and most important thing in there lives i never seen so much tackle behind every single one of them
the third point is if you were tricky teale would you want all that money going to a team that can't compete at that level
why evesham well it stands out by a country mile you can park behind every peg its got a pedigree and history for these sorts of matches
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

no matter what venue the final will be held on it will be to cips rules and thats 30 balls and B/J
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Spot on,

We fished the World Inter Clubs in Sweden (not exactly the cheapest country in the world).

The only problem I had was trying to keep the numbers that wanted to go DOWN. I think we took nine and another couple came later!

However, to be fair, because you were in effect representing your country, sponsorships were so much easier to get with the right approach.

I agree with lots of points mentioned on here.

My concern about Evesham/bloodworm is that quite simply I have to work both sides of the fence and a lot of the locals that fish it all the time are not liking it one bit. Image Image Image Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

no matter what venue the final will be held on it will be to cips rules and thats 30 balls and B/J

And that will be the end of any smaller team that 'dares' to win Div One.
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by lloydy »

Don't know about Ricky teals, Steve Saunders sorted this out
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Oh, could there be a Barnsley connection as well?

Only asking Image Image Image Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

a lot of the teams for this years div1 have been thrown together team fishing is not the same one reason why sponsors are falling to the wayside its quiet easy for me this year as most want to fish so i put myself down in 10th place and if you do more practice than me your in Image Imagei'm a little bit worried now Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Don't know about Ricky teals, Steve Saunders sorted this out
i meant the money lloydy its all something to do with the england setup anyway this is what they want to see its no good having england internationals fishing a 25 peg match on a commercial and down south thats all you get
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

the magazine that comes out monthly with the angling times is it match fishing or something the back page has Mark downes dairies in it and last month he said we now have a full calendar of cips matches i thought to myself where are these matches then Image Imagenow i can see
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by lloydy »

That way things are going dorking barnsley and starlets can have 3 team matches all year round if they want