If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Curse Match 6 - Woodcote

Discuss new or upcoming Cashmores Matches here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Curse Match 6 - Woodcote

Unread post by YAMO »

must have barbless hooks too mr v, and they ask you to net every fish. think hemp was banned from what i remember. surprising no one was fishing priory pool. im sure tk said about 100lb weights earleir no with this thread. dont get ur hopes up, the curse will kick in.

mr v.. thought priory was the top pool and the big fish pool? were the guys fishing on the snydicate pool which is donut shaped?
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: ENGLISH AND PROUD

Curse Match 6 - Woodcote

Unread post by me »

Most fisheries these days have a 2 net rule now. Next year it will be 3 nets and so on   :D

when you got to a proper venue Si you need a bare min of 3 nets with spare ones ready to use  Image. Ie when you go to Rolf's  Image.  Image Yesterday  we had to have a silver / carp to 1lb net / carp 1lb - 4lb net / and a 4lb - 8lb net with all fish over 8lb being weighed and returned. In the summer when you go its likely that you will need more than 1 net for you 4-8lb fish   Image Image Image
Image Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Curse Match 6 - Woodcote

Unread post by MrV »

must have barbless hooks too mr v, and they ask you to net every fish. think hemp was banned from what i remember. surprising no one was fishing priory pool. im sure tk said about 100lb weights  earleir no with this thread. dont get ur hopes up, the curse will kick in.

mr v.. thought priory was the top pool and the  big fish pool? were the guys fishing on the snydicate pool which is donut shaped?

The match car park faces Priory pool. There is a smaller pool down to the left, and the chaps I spoke to were on the top pool to the right, which they told me was the Specimen lake.  Image

As for the barbless hooks, sorry I forgot about that one....and yes, I did make a mistake at "Charlies" by inadvertently having a micro barb on a rig (the whole pack of 20's have now been transferred to the "barbed" side of my hook box).  :-/  The rig was not even shotted up and had not seen the water (I measured it against my heavier rig for depth). If I had used it I would have disqualified myself from the  competition, as I would have broken the fishery rule of "only using barbless hooks".  Image
If anyone feels any differently about it, I am happy to have my points deducted for that match.  :'(
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

Curse Match 6 - Woodcote

Unread post by Woodhouse »

I've fished it twice, 1st time (in march) i was 2nd with just under 30lb on the method feeder with red maggot cast to the pads in the middle of the pool.

last time (June) i won it on pellet at 12m with just under 50lb.

The main problem is with more than 15 anglers you need to put the corners in and they are a bit close to one another.I hope floating baits are banned in your club because the fish will follow any loosefeed into the pads and be a nightmare to catch.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Curse Match 6 - Woodcote

Unread post by TK »

Floating baits are banned on our matches due to issues we've experienced in the past, but the problem we will face on Sat is that a near full turnout is expected so every peg will probably be in use...............

Goes some way to explaining why our weights tend to be low on some of these crack venues - there again we did have a couple of 50's last match on here with loads of useful back ups - think I ended up about 10th with 27lb :'(

What pegs did you fish Chocky Monster?
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

Curse Match 6 - Woodcote

Unread post by Woodhouse »

Floating baits are banned on our matches due to issues we've experienced in the past, but the problem we will face on Sat is that a near full turnout is expected so every peg will probably be in use...............

Goes some way to explaining why our weights tend to be low on some of these crack venues - there again we did have a couple of 50's last match on here with loads of useful back ups - think I ended up about 10th with 27lb  :'(

What pegs did you fish Chocky Monster?

I was on the dam wall on the 1st match and on the opposite side in the middle on the 2nd match.

you should be OK because your fishing it on a saturday so it wont have been fished the day before.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Curse Match 6 - Woodcote

Unread post by TK »

Was that the opposite side of the dam wall or the opposite side to the car park? Never ever fancied the opposite side of the dam wall other than the peg in the far corner - perhaps we're just numpties as I can't remember seeing decent weights come from that area.

Anyway, my newly aquired PMA and drawing spirit will see me either on the Dam Wall (couple of good pegs them first couple either side of the big tree in the water) or in one of the Japanese sniper pegs on the car park side Image

I've also got 3lb of pressed chitterlings ordered on Fri for feed and hookers 8-)
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Curse Match 6 - Woodcote

Unread post by YAMO »

must have barbless hooks too mr v, and they ask you to net every fish. think hemp was banned from what i remember. surprising no one was fishing priory pool. im sure tk said about 100lb weights  earleir no with this thread. dont get ur hopes up, the curse will kick in.

mr v.. thought priory was the top pool and the  big fish pool? were the guys fishing on the snydicate pool which is donut shaped?

The match car park faces Priory pool. There is a smaller pool down to the left, and the chaps I spoke to were on the top pool to the right, which they told me was the Specimen lake.  Image

As for the barbless hooks, sorry I forgot about that one....and yes, I did make a mistake at "Charlies" by inadvertently having a micro barb on a rig (the whole pack of 20's have now been transferred to the "barbed" side of my hook box).  :-/  The rig was not even shotted up and had not seen the water (I measured it against my heavier rig for depth). If I had used it I would have disqualified myself from the  competition, as I would have broken the fishery rule of "only using barbless hooks".  Image
If anyone feels any differently about it, I am happy to have my points deducted for that match.  :'(

yes i say deduct the points, give everyone else a chance in the chasing pack. lol . nah perfectly innocent mistake to make mr v.
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Curse Match 6 - Woodcote

Unread post by YAMO »

following this weeks weather im gonna put a dampner on proceedings and predict that woodcote will not fish to its max this week. im gonna predict a winning weight on late 20lbs and back up weights in the teens.
Mark_Stanaway
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Curse Match 6 - Woodcote

Unread post by Mark_Stanaway »

I predict we will all get kicked off if some one makes a INNOCENT MISTAKE with there hooks Image   :D
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Curse Match 6 - Woodcote

Unread post by TK »

following this weeks weather im gonna put a dampner on proceedings and predict  that woodcote will not fish to its max this week. im gonna  predict a winning weight on late 20lbs and back up weights in the teens.

Heinzer's just rung me re the weights in tonights star..........

1st 130lb+
2nd 80 lb+
3rd 70lb plus.......................................... so

I reckon you've guessed about right for us Yamo Image
Mark_Stanaway
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Curse Match 6 - Woodcote

Looks like there are no fish left fore us then :( . First was l lewis 138 pounds. second meredith 88 pounds . third B rickards 72 pounds. Image HA HA
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Curse Match 6 - Woodcote

Unread post by Simple »

Thats some good weights...
I expect you lot to at least double that Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Curse Match 6 - Woodcote

Unread post by TK »

Looks like there are no fish left fore us then  :(  . First was  l lewis 138  pounds.  second meredith 88 pounds . third B rickards 72 pounds.  Image HA HA  

Looks like we're all fishing for second place being as Heinzer's been practising..............

and he's really got a SB this week Image
Mark_Stanaway
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Curse Match 6 - Woodcote

Looks like there are no fish left fore us then  :(  . First was  l lewis 138  pounds.  second meredith 88 pounds . third B rickards 72 pounds.  Image HA HA  

Looks like we're all fishing for second place being as Heinzer's been practising..............

and he's really got a SB this week  Image
Yep you are right there and he kept that from you Image HA HA
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Curse Match 6 - Woodcote

Unread post by YAMO »

i predict a ballacre. :D
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Curse Match 6 - Woodcote

Unread post by TK »

Yep you are right there and he kept that from you   Image HA HA

No he aint........he's told me all about it Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Curse Match 6 - Woodcote

Unread post by TK »

i predict a ballacre.   :D

News from today's match on there was quite interesting...........and surprising.

Certainly food for thought   Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Curse Match 6 - Woodcote

Unread post by MrV »

i predict a ballacre.   :D

News from today's match on there was quite interesting...........and surprising.

Certainly food for thought   Image

Spot on TK. Todays match report was very interesting Image
The S/B report was even more interesting ::) Can you get me some as I wouldnt have a clue where to get that from Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Curse Match 6 - Woodcote

Unread post by TK »

If people scan these forums they'll find reference to what the SB is for this match.........but then it won't be SB........but that's the kind of guy I am Image