If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

county champs AT

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

county champs AT

Unread post by joffmiester »

this competition is starting to get some stick Image Image

I went out and spent £1.80 on the AT, now the main reason i buy it these days is just for the county points, i like to see how everyone locally is doing (plus obviously myself). I cant get my head around why the points are never updated, they didnt even print the section last week so you would have thopught they would have caught up???. the majority of the matches are on the match pages but not on the points section   weird

Match fishing and the organising of matches is nowhere near professional enough for an idea like this to work properly... It must be a logistical nightmare!

Daiwa Pro... THIS IS ANGLING TIMES

The points are a week behind the results in the paper. This is because all the results are collated by AT's regional correspondents on Sunday nights (an hour or so after they have happened). These are then phoned through to AT staff and inputed into the paper late on sunday night, before the paper goes immediately to be printed. It is then distributed around the country on Monday.

As I hope you can appreciate, updating the weekly points of 4,000+ anglers is a massive job and not one that can be done in an hour after putting in those results! Unlike a certain other weekly, AT staff come in on a sunday night (when everybody else is sitting down infront of the telly after their roast dinners) to ensure the match results are current for that week, and not a week behind!

All points are then updated, whether they appear in the paper or didn't make it in because the match organiser didn't phone them on time. The results tables may be missed out an odd week but there will always be something about the CC in.

This is the first year of the County Championship which is being voluntarily run in addition to our busy normal duties. AT has committed a large amount of money to the final to put back into match fishing, it costs nothing to enter and you are automatically entered if you fish a match. If the points take a week to be updated or there is the odd mis-result or name amongst the 4,000 odd match anglers involved, please bear with us!

The CC finishes in August. Please keep an eye on your name to see if you make it into the final 20 of your area and watch for instructions on what to do and where to go for the semi-finals.

Ben 

joffmiester  Posted: 08 June 2010 10:51:45      

Advanced Member
Groups: Member

fisky you did take the competition on and you must of had a ruff estimate on numbers you also included club matches well basically every match its not just you that get the stick mate anglers fishing my matches are phoning me up and asking about there points its becoming a nightmare
you have to remember theses anglers never think about the organization that goe's into this sort of competition its all about there points and thats a fact

you do need to review it mate before the real season starts    and we all go mad 
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

county champs AT

Posted: 08 June 2010 10:56:27   

Advanced Member
Groups: Administration

Ben I have a solution!!!!

Get all the moaners and detractors to give up Sunday evening and sit there and collate everything for you.I am sure they know how easy it is 

Joff it does not include club matches, only opens. If anglers think they have incorrect points, you should tell them to contact AT to put them right.
This is the first trial year of CC - it may change in the future i.e, times it's fished between etc. But you say it needs a review now - what do you suggest??

Posted: 08 June 2010 13:34:35   

Advanced Member

I would imagine they dont put the points on a website because they are in the business of selling newspapers! Why should they go to the effort of organizing a nationwide competition and then publish it for free online because some people are too tight to buy the magazine? 

Good point Alex, as has been said it seems lots of people dont buy the paper yet constantly want to know about the UK champs. As for the formatt i would like to know what should be changed? I initially queried my points as i didnt know they were a week behind, i was quickly told this was the case though and that was that as far as i was concerned and my points were right the week after.

Posted: 08 June 2010 16:16:11      

Advanced Member

fisky wrote:

Joff it does not include club matches, only opens. If anglers think they have incorrect points, you should tell them to contact AT to put them right.
This is the first trial year of CC - it may change in the future i.e, times it's fished between etc. But you say it needs a review now - what do you suggest??

SORRY mate around here we call a 10 to 20 peg matches club matches
i have just looked at angling times this week and unforchantly the scores on the doors are two weeks behind
looks like i'm in for more ear bashing 
one suggestion might be to tell the readers its up dated the following week or it take two weeks from the date of the result
my problem is i now email my results to AT as i then have a copy of the result so i can see if the angler who phones me is waitting for the up dates ie myself i have 10 points with another 12and a 14 to go on its not a big issue with me but towards the end of the competition your going to have a lot of anglers asking where the points are 

bill how much trouble do you have with the kamasan points Image Image Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

county champs AT

Unread post by bill yards »

I took a bit of stick at the Angling Tust AGM on Saturday; guess who from?

I am wise enough to keep out of all this crap. I do my own work and work EVERY Sunday night (please don't send me any medals), some might not like my work, some might, end of. Most don't know what I do anyway. Personally I think too many angling journos are a bit too far up their own arses.

Must admit I have spent hour upon hour checking Kamasans over the years and caught a few out. Had a dubious one last year but other than that I've not seen a problem.
roach2000

county champs AT

Unread post by roach2000 »

has anglers mail gone on strike Image no results in 2 weeks on there website Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

county champs AT

Unread post by bill yards »

has anglers mail gone on strike no results in 2 weeks on there website

I am not trying to be clever or anything here but when there is a 'short' week, ie last week, (Monday was a Bank Holiday and we have had a few together) it does put extra pressure on to get the publication out in time and that must come first; many other weeklies have this type of problem, not just angling. In simple terms you loose 20% of the time allotted over the week and it is all 'catch-up' - there is also holidays to consider. A lot will think, yes but what about overtime; well there are ther printers to consider as well, they also have their day(s) off. It's all about economics and budgets today.
Hope this goes someway to answering your query. I would think there has been a few gliches getting this new website up and running but it should be sorted soon.

Bill (aka Tony Keeling)
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

county champs AT

its a new website Imagevery nice Image
just going to take bill a bit of time to sort it Image Image