If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Curse Match 12 - Isaac Walton Top Pool

Discuss new or upcoming Cashmores Matches here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

Unread post by Woodhouse »

I went yesterday and there was a bloke that was weighing the fish over 5lb.....just shout scales.

I'm going again in a couple of hours.
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Cheers chockie. Thats one less to worry about.  ;)
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Lots of fish in there.

i know a lot of anglers dont like te gaffer but i got on OK with him yesterday, i had quite a long chat with him.

Fin perfect expanders and lots of them.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

I went yesterday and there was a bloke that was weighing the fish over 5lb.....just shout scales.

Does that apply for club matches too or just opens?
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

It only applies to opens...clubs have to weigh their own..

A club was banned today for not sticking to the rule.
MGB
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by MGB »

I hate the way some venues are putting on more and more restrictions having you believe that it's in the interest of the fish. If they were that interested in the fishes welfare they wouldn't be filling the pools with so many fish that 100 lb bags are the norm and having 2 matches on the same day! Trouble is today, many fishermen, clubs etc. seem to criticise venues if they don't produce large weights and somehow feel cheated. Thats a shame. When me and Dave first joined Cashmores a couple of hundred years ago, any one who caught double figures was a hero. Happy days. Personally It wouldn't bother me if we did get banned for breaking the rules. In fact, after the match, we should tell the owners if they can't provide a runner at each match that we will not be booking their venue again.
MGB
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

When me and Dave first joined Cashmores a couple of hundred years ago, any one who caught double figures was a hero. Happy days.
MGB

Spose it's all my fault then......................

:D

Those days can be arranged MGB Image
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Is there anyone in Cashmores that actually wants to fish on commies?
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Yep - basically those that fall into 1 or all three pots...........

Those that don't turn up for our cut matches
Those that do turn up for our cut matches but always moan
Those that don't turn up for river matches
Those that do turn up for our river matches but moan - its too fast, its too weedy
Those that chase that supposed magical 100lb barrier
heinzer
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by heinzer »

Well M G B I have to agree with you the old days certainly tested our angling skills, as opposed to todays matches on commercials, I for one look forward to our river matches, but thats the way angling has gone, as some people say not always for the best, but TK will still keep striving to provide good matches for we with our support
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

When me and Dave first joined Cashmores a couple of hundred years ago, any one who caught [highlight]double figures [/highlight]was a hero. Happy days.

I would be more than happy to have double figures on any match I fish, but todays anglers want it on a plate  :'(
I know TK tries to book venues without stupid restrictions, but there arent that many round nowadays. I vowed 10 years ago never to touch commercials, but decided this year to join the club scene again to try and learn some more. I must admit, I dont like commercials, preferring natural venues where its me against the fish and nature....but, I have enjoyed the craic during my outings with Cashmores, so the commercials have not been such a grind  :)
Everybody to their own eh  Image
MGB
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by MGB »

Yes Heinzer, my comments I hope, were not construed as critisism of TK's excellent work. As you know I have always considered him to be the best Match booking sec. the club has ever had as he always manages to produce a fixture list to suit all our angling tastes and now he has to consider our geriatric restrictions as well!!!
MGB
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Yes Heinzer, my comments I hope, were not construed as critisism of TK's excellent work. As you know I have always considered him to be the best Match booking sec. the club has ever had as he always manages to produce a fixture list to suit all our angling tastes and now he has to consider our geriatric restrictions as well!!!
MGB

I never did take them as criticism MGB...........I'm probably more brassed off with the restrictions you learn about after you've booked a venue than most

That's one of the reasons I tend to avoid the mainstream commercials.

It also ****** me off when you've paid the equivalent, or in some cases, more than the cost of a 'day' ticket and the permit comes back with a note that you have to sod off after the match, if you want to continue you've got to purchase another 'day' ticket. Not that I'm one for stopping over but the greedy ******** dont get my custom again

However lessons leant............

100lb venues? Give me a grueller where I've got to scratch my head and 'work' for the bites any day

15 rivers coming up for 2008 :D ;)
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

100lb venues? Give me a grueller where I've got to scratch my head and 'work' for the bites any day

Even 100lb venues can have you scratching your head though mate. Look at rolfs this weekend. 450lb bags have come from there but you still gotta catch them and this weekend they didn't want to play and left me scratching my head for 3 hours, 58lb in 2 hours then not a sniff for 3 hours.... Work that out lol  :D :D Image
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

speaking to worminator today we were both surprised at the number of rules and regulations and according to golden balls ludgate u aint allowed to use rod and line at this venue, so you might wanna check that out.

ive always been a river man myself, have enjoyed commercial fishing and canals have taken a back step. I must admit i am v poor on canals and have a lot to learn but i am trying and thanks to advice off mr v and gonna change my canal fishing ethic totally. Had a few hours on pelsall cut yesterday afternoon and had a lovely net of roach, if only it could fish like that on a match and not rain. Image Image ::)
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

according to golden balls ludgate u aint allowed to use rod and line at this venue, so you might wanna check that out.

Image Image ::)

It don't state any thing to do with rod and lines on the booking confirmation i've received - I've copied everything on it above.

If that's the case hows Mick Kenn gunna fare?

Must be a wind up by Golden Balls - if not I suggest we all turn up with rods and when we are 'banned' before the off insist on the return of our paid monies

>:( >:( >:(
MarkV
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by MarkV »

This thought crossed my mind yesterday, when will someone ban rods !

Has it happened anywhere ?

Tell me its a wind up. :o
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Hope it is a wind up Tigerbay

If not, you'll be banned for using the wrong manufacturers pole next - eg at Larford you'll have to use Maver poles, Preston elsewhere etc etc
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

ps SS - aint this thread on fire yet :D Can't we have a flaming folder ;)
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

no rods....load of man balls.

there were lots of anglers using them yesterday....both pleasure and match anglers.