If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

All our yesterdays..........I'm feeling charitable

For TK's trip down Memory Lane.

Moderator: TK

bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

then the early mavers were called "litanium"(i think)

Maver Lithium it was called; a grey/silver colour.

The Thema came a touch later but not much. It had green decor on the butt section.

I used one for years.

'Spiralite' does ring a bell in the old grey cells! Image Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

Correction, when I said I had one it was a Maver Lithium; it lasted quite a few years and was quite a bit slimmer than today's models. Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

i'm going to phone trev i wonder if he can remember it was the best pole i'd seen at the time we were using a very light pole but the sections were matt green and quiet wide diameter MCV i think that was a garbolino pole it wasn't carbon i'm sure but when trev showed us that pole :o :o i used it on a Easter festival on the river bann now thats was back in the days of grizzly Adams ,mick downes i think steve warner came with us boy was the fishing good then :o :o :o i'm sure the section was called the playing fields the pegs were less than 15 yards apart and i'm sure you needed 100lb to win a ten peg section :o :o :o i'd just passed my driving test and took the ford commer tansit the one with the one continual front seat with six lads in it and kit :o :o :o what good times we had so that tells you how old the pole was 28 years ago Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

trev's just been into the office and i showed him the site he thought it was top job simps he couldn't remember the pole just the copy rights TK Image Imagefor each time a photo's goes on site Image Image Imagehe's going to have a look in his own time as he took the address Image Image