If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

another day in paradise 2nd rd

Upcoming Match Information and Venue Advice Here.
dragnet

Unread post by dragnet »

took a walk on the first 2 rounds of the wigston w/l it fished pretty much as expected, saw some old mates ,plenty of superstars and the sensas lads too! Image Image Image Image Image hide your fags and coffee i mite see you 2morro ps dont ignore an eel swim joff it just mite get you out of jail Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

Image Imagei don't smoke and i rarely take a flask :-? :-?i wondered why you didn't stop very long Image Image
i'l take a flash tomorrow mate and you can tell me how to catch them eels Image Image Image
dragnet

Unread post by dragnet »

no problem mate , you will need quality rather than quantity 2morro Image !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hopefully I will get to fish a couple of rounds if i can get back in the oadby side.they dropped me cus my tares where undercooked and i only fed 6 pots of punch over over my flake line , will i ever learn :-[ WESTMINSTER BRIDGE will suit you fine  :D
colly
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Browning Northants

Unread post by colly »

How did eveyone get on today??? Heard that Joffie had a few!!

Had another shocker - drew Peg 2 at Crow Mills, fancied it for roach and rudd - BLANK. Was in good company though there was 11 of us, including Swinno on the next peg. After last weeks cancellation have caught a grand total of 1 fish in the last 3 weekends!! Class

Unread post by Guest »

Matt im glad to hear your catch your rate has improved.how you doing mate have you fished around nuneaton lately
colly
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by colly »

Ian,

Hi mate - good to hear from you. Haven't fished the Cov Cut for 5 years when I left Browning Central. Definately miss the place, but I always preferred Nuneaton, Atherstone end rather than Cov city centre, which was more patchy. A lot of people on this forum will think that I should be committed for saying that!!! Image To me there was always something exciting about fishing the place, you had to really work for your bites and could catch on the caster off loads of pegs - plus the atmoshere at the Plough was always good. All seems to have changed know with Coventry being described as the River Wye of the canal fishing world in the angling press!! The canal between Bedworth and Atherstone is still my all time favouite venue (along with the Ashby at Snarestone and Shackerstone) and hold loads of good memories for me. Trying to convince our lads to fish in the Teams of 4 next year.

Have become a punch and squatt man now on the GUC and really enjoyed the last few years, but this winter has been terrible. What have you been up to?? MC

Unread post by Guest »

Matt,

Not rellay been out much for the last 2 years with work and other commitments.I wanted to fish this league this year it looks a very interesting canal mate.not really fished Nuneaton myself just too patchy and you have to catch chub most of the time to compete and i struggle sitting for one of them!!I like going round theddingworth area now and maybe try and get on a few matches.Will Graham be running the spring league there this year do you know.

See you soon mate(if i can find my fihing tackle),
Ian
colly
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by colly »

Will let you know about the theddingworth spring league when I find the dates. I'm going to give it a miss this year and fish commercials until the Southern Canal League and Northampton SUmmer Leagues start.

There is one round of the Wellingborough Teams of 4 league left - on 21st March which is from Theddingworth to Foxton (after Lee Newson's bit of the canal). You can fish this as an individual, give me a shout if you want the details. We might have spaces in one of our teams for the Wigston league on 14th March too??

Unread post by Guest »

Matt,

I spoke to Martin Lane just before christmas about entering a team but he said you were committed to Wigston League which is fair enough. Would be good to see you next year.
I agree Atherstone/Nuneaton is my preferred option but times move on and to be fair Cov City is full of fish hence sharing venues.
Nuneaton fished OK yesterday but patchy in places. Looking at other results matches have been as good as anywhere the last few weeks
Mostly roach and skimmers now with a few Chub at our end. Lots of small fish at Hartshill but it does not take much to knock them off. Hopefully next year will be better as they get more confident and competitive for food.
Boca
colly
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by colly »

Paul - Sounds good mate, I'm sure that we will put a team in next year. Will try to get some dates for the other leagues round this area (Northampton, Foxton, Wigston etc) to see if we can avoid clashes if poss.

Looking forward to it - will have to dust off the dufills and learn how to fish the caRster again (moved down south for too long) Image

Unread post by Guest »

No problem Matt i will keep you informed