If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

THE FINAL SHOW DOWN round 6

Upcoming Match Information and Venue Advice Here.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

well has this league been a marathon or what  :D I've broke every record for drawing near bridges its broke all records for bad weather and its broke my personal record for the most banter  Image Imageat which point I'd like to thank everyone who got involved with the league Image Imagethere's a old saying "the no such thing as a stranger he's just a friend you've never met yet" and the wigston league was all about meeting new and old friends again Image Image
anyway the buzz at choices cafe was all about the anticipation of how the canal would fish now the warmer weather has arrived Image Image
slapped in my hand was C11  :-/ 9 blanks in a row the last time the section was in  Imagebut then i was told that a couple of teams had not come and i was on endpeg  Imageat last a endpeg but what would i do without my beloved bridges  Imagewe made our way to the canal parked up and gear on the trolley  Imagei thought i would of had a long walk but the section low th high numbers making me the first peg Image Imageand yes in sight of a bridge Imageso i felt really at home

ok i'm a long way off but its a bridge Image Imageand to my right i could only see three other anglers in my section and then it went around a corner

to the good pegs where the likes of joe oakes and brad titmas had drawn Imageafter a conversation with the owner of the house opposite i was about 30 metres to far up the canal as he feeds the fish everyday in one hole Image Image Imagei didn't have a bomb rod with me  Image Image
he wife then asked if i would reframe from taking my trouser snake out during the match as they were having guests around for sunday dinner  ;) ;)
everything looked good at the start everyone had bites straight away off roach some thought it would be a G/B job and others a bread job ME i did both putting 4 balls of G/B 16metres down my peg just in case one or two of the hand reared tench and bream might come up  ::) ::) ya right Image
anyway my bread line was good and i could see the three anglers were catching but not as fast as i was but suddenly it was like switching a light off  Image Imageeveryone stop catching Image Imageit was a game of starting up new lines and pinching odd fish off them all and with the added boat traffic most of these lines were right across the other side in inches of water  Image Image
still i did have a bit of luck  Imagei managed a pound skimmer hooked right in the end of its tail it seamed to take for ever to land it  Imagebut once in the net the banter started  Image Imageby the end of the match i thought i'd done quite well i new that through the bridge they had caught a lot better but that was another section

i walked up to see the rest of the section and after walking for a mile i could just make out the the group of anglers with the scales
hammo,maddog were also up there [that just shows you how long the section was i didn't hear hammo once Image Image]
just before hammo weighed in i looked at the board  Image Image6lb 5lb 5lb 5lb  Image Imagewe hadn't had any where like that at our end hammo took his fish out  ;)well at least i'd beat  him i thoughtImagebut maddog had took us both to the cleaner then brad titmas announced he'd had a tench at the end about 3lb Image Imagei was lasst to weigh i picked my net out :-/ :-/sh#t i thought i had more than that  Image Image 3lb 6oz i managed to beat the anglers i could see but that was it 7points Image Imageit had really fished well
banter banter banter  Image Image Image all the way back to the van  :D :D :D
the 6lb in my section was good for second in the match  Imagewell done ron scales nott AA
back at the pub oadby A couldn't be beaten and well done to them the early rounds really paid off  Image Imagewe managed 2nd and 3rd on the team front so it wasn't bad after the start both teams had Image
adam its been a pleasure fishing the league and i hope anglers remember just how much work goes into the league and i hope the conditions haven't put too many off  Image Image Image

OADBY A
bunch of scruffy herberts Image Image Image Image Image

joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

the bloke at the end is grumpy remember him  Image Image

rob wootton joe oakes mark taylor[roberts Image] and pete jayes
mark did ask for a white cap and joe a sensas one Image Image Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Superb Joff Image Image
Nursey
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Wigston A.S.

Unread post by Nursey »

Joff,
Phew - glad its all over!

Good to see the canal fishing more consistently for the last round and showing the kind of results that us Wigston (or is that Oadby, Spro etc.) lads have enjoyed over the last few years. Image Image

Great to see some new (and not so new!) faces  Image Imageand anglers willing to turn-out in all conditions to catch some fish (or not!)

I hope we can build on this years event and start putting in-place some dates and venues for the next one.

A big thank you to all the captains for keeping their teams on the bank (even if they did often go walk-a-bout!) in some of the worst conditions we have had for over 30 years.

Well done to Oadby Angling 'A' team and Mark Roberts (or is that Taylor!) for taking the team and individual titles.

Loads of laughs and errr experiencies! to take away from this league. I wish I could say more, but I am on a yellow card  Imagefor  some of my previous comments and so shall leave it to you, Hammo, Maddog, Colly, Pinkie and CWH to have all the fun.

See ya on the Soar if not before!

Nursey
Ps See Wigston Teamss of Four posting for full results or visit www.wigstonanglingsociety.co.uk 
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Very good joff Image

I would of filled it in at 6 mtrs .....crappity smack that 16mtrs bolocks off ! Image Image Image Image .....

and whats a herbut ? Image Image Image :D
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Image Image Image ImageYELLOW CARD your too nice for that Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Image ImageHerbert Image Image Image Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

well thats me done for a few weeks untill holland Image Imagejust see how long it takes to p#ss the tank commander off 5 weekends at home Image Image Image
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by craftytafty »

not fishing till Holland Joff, that's nearly 5 weeks. jeez, i go crazy if I don't fish for 5 days Image Image

no bomb rod!! tut tut
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Brill write up Joffie - enjoyed that and reading of all of your exploits this winter Image

Dunno how I'm gunna match that write up when I get around to doing one for our match on Sat Image

5 weekends off :o - perhaps you'd better come and try and win a mars bar off the Chockie Munster on our next match ;)
maddog

Unread post by maddog »

great write up you even phone a club angler to c what was going on respect .
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

not fishing till Holland Joff, that's nearly 5 weeks. jeez, i go crazy if I don't fish for 5 days Image Image

no bomb rod!! tut tut

do you know something taff, i felt that it was one of those pegs where you could of done something completely different and win the match :-/ do you know what i mean if i had a bomb rod it just might of worked  :-? :-? :-? :-?
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

great write up you even phone a club angler to c what was going on respect .

cheers mate i like to keep in touch with the section if i can and with our's it was over such a long length it helps but you must of caught at the end then :P
maddog

Unread post by maddog »

had a few than they backed off then came back like that all match a better man than me would have caught more off that peg and wasnt i told ,no big fish just hand size but i enjoyed it .hammo had one nearly 3lb so did brad so i didnt do to bad for a club man .
hammo

Unread post by hammo »

maddog i had a bream 3lb i think youve been smoking to much weed ..just because you couldnt even beat me of the best peg in the section theres no need to talk bol####s Image.apart from that well done ,adam take note he spanked 2 of the best wigston lads u have,hammering joe of the next peg and the legendery punk the other side what a pasteing that was Image Image.also giving the mighty joff a battering as well what an angler .adam sign him up now before sensas make a move Image Image. you will never take the hammo thou so keep trying Image Image.my match was not the best after the first 2hrs every thing going well set a target weight of 8lb it was fishing that well. i had caught on the hemp line and the caster line but wanted to leave for later knowing a weight was on .went back to the bread still catching alright the fish wanted to be 2ft of the bottom knowing this i new the hemp would come good then the boats started. Image.first it killed the bread line forcing me onto the hemp line which i had fed just going up the shelf as i thought there would be no boats big mistake 6 barges later and a speed boat with a water skier on not another single fish on the hemp.the caster lines got worse after each boat forcing me to turn 1 line into a big fish line feeding very regular with 4 casters as the tench and bream like a bit of noise on this canal.then the turning point i had been on the caster 20mins when maddog rang me 2mins into the call the float burys struck with my leg big fish on chucked the phone down felt the heavy weight shipped back slightly lifted pole to judge the size of fish and it was gone not set the hook home i think maddog had cost me the match as i was only 1.6lbs of winning maddog your a c##t.finished the match on 5lbs which to me was not good of that peg after a perfect start and i let the boats get the better of me Imageneed to be more focused as i think the feeding was spot on just not in the right places :-[thanks everyone for a good series and taking the sh!t from me great bunch of lads.ive not forgot u punk whats it like to get a battering of hammo on the next peg took u to the cleaners fu##ing about on the hemp allday your getting as bad as joe Image Imagedont be shy punk let it all out mate Image
P50RTR

Unread post by P50RTR »

Very good joff  Image

I would of filled it in at 6 mtrs .....crappity smack that 16mtrs bolocks off !   Image Image   Image Image  .....

and whats a herbut ?  Image  Image     Image       :D

A Herbert is an Angler that consistantly beats Leicester teams in local leagues - similar to a Quorn Angler according to Leic  Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Very good joff  Image

I would of filled it in at 6 mtrs .....crappity smack that 16mtrs bolocks off !   Image Image   Image Image  .....

and whats a herbut ?  Image  Image     Image       :D

A Herbert is an Angler that consistantly beats Leicester teams in local leagues - similar to a Quorn Angler according to Leic  Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

well well well i can see next season being really good Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

just remind me where your team came mr porter Image Image ok the four scuffy herberts did well i cant take that away from them  Imagethey fished well
but next season is oadby or wigston  Image Image Imageit seams your picking anglers from all over the country
try fishing the big team matches Image Image Imagewith the same set of lads Image Image your team should be good along with Quorn and Trentmen they are made up of EX Leicester anglers anyway Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

steve whats the name of your team next year
oadbywigstondorkinggledelakeviewselect AC Image Image Image Image Image Image

we are just LEICESTER SENSAS Image Image Image Image Image Image
P50RTR

Unread post by P50RTR »

Tell you what if I had bites like that through the league I would of won every match.... it didn't even twitch it just pulled my popped up corn off the rest!!!! Image Image Image

So the teams that are doing well are made up of Ex leicester anglers. Bet you wished you still had them! :'( :'( :'(

There's a pattern emerging here.