If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

another day in paradise 2nd rd

Upcoming Match Information and Venue Advice Here.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

2nd round of the wigston winter league again all the talk was about how it would fish this week 80% said a lot better than the first round Image Imagechoice's cafe was buzzing and after the draw i had no idea where i was going  :D :D i only new i was on a end peg Imagei thought that had got to be good :-?as i was unloading my gear and chatting it was apparent that this end peg is not quiet as good as some as its under a bridge and the other side of the bridge is the basin which had been talked about being put in this week and was the area of which could of won the match
this my peg

and this is the otherside of the bridge Image Image

still i thought it should be worth a few fish so i set the normal gear up well my normal gear ::) ::)

and off we went the deepest part of the peg was at 4 metres so thats where i'd start on B/P i'd only got foot right over so i looked for the 2ft6in line which wasn't too far past the 4m line a caster line towards the bridge and to my right and one right over just in case the right hand would be a problem as the fence was quiet close behind so it wasn't too far to the right
anyway i blow time as i was on the scales Imagei thought 10 to 10 was a good time as i was ready Image Image ::)not and to be fare i started catching after 15min small roach but plenty of them i wished at this point i'd set a whip up as i'm sure it would of been better and quicker like i say the roach were of a small stamp i kept feeding caster on three lines all match but never had a bite on it Imageand on reflection i wasted too much time even thou it was 5min every three quarters of a hour  :-/still it might of gone hay :-/ it was soon into the match and the jungle drums were up and running youny arron wells had 5 skimmers in the first 45 min and all the anglers around him were catching Image Image 

arron was on the noted willow peg in this shot
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

anyway there's nothing you can do about it thats winter canal fishing
the first three pegs in the section had fished shocking in the first round and nothing changed in the second :-/ :-/ :-/but to look at the canal there it looks so fishy
my good mate steve porter had drawn one of these [steve there is nothing you can do don't beat yourself up about it ]at least we got a smile out of him at the end of the match after taking all the sharpe items out of his kit

but it didn't help the lads confidence when dale managed one bite and one fish

Image Image Image Image in the epicenter was wigstons unsung hero mark again proving to his team he's not the weak link Image Image

4lb 12oz i think

and a couple of pegs away ARRON WELLS with his winning bag of 8lb something

he'd look great in a sensas coat Image Imagenice to see young anglers doing the bizz Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

i weighed 2lb60z i'm sure if i hadn't wasted all that time on caster plus plus two of Leicesters finest yob throwing coins at me that took another 20 minute to pick them up  Image Image Image you tell they were from Leicester as most of them were foreign coins Image Image
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

and the other side of the bridge is the base-son

WTF is a base - on ?? Image :D :D :D Image
marko sbc
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: sensas black country
Sponsor: sensas/fosters

Unread post by marko sbc »

pmsl dodge...think it's leicesterish for a basin or turning bay Image Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Image Image ImageCOULDN'T THINK OF TURNING BAY  Image Image

crappity smack northerners
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

* Wigston AS Middy Team Challenge 2010, Grand Union Canal, Aylestone area, Leicestershire, Round Two, Sun. 52. Aaron Wells (Devisotter) 8-7-0, all skimmers, poled punched bread, County Arms section; Rob Bradshaw (Wigston AS Blue) 7-15-0; Mark Roberts (Oadby Angling A) 4-15-0; Matt Collerson (Spro Red Arc) 4-11-0; Nicky Moss (Leicester Sensas Gold) 4-0-0. Teams: Oadby Angling A 38; Spro Red Arc 35; Wigston AS Red 32; Wigston AS Blue 30; Leicester Sensas Bronze 29/ League: Oadby Angling A 2; Leicester Sensas Silver 11; Spro Red Arc 11; Oadby Angling B 12; Leicester Sensas Bronze 13.
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: MaverBaitech
Sponsor: Maver / Baitech

Unread post by CHOPWORM HERO »

That peg you were on is a noted peg for roach and perch mate !!!!!
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

pherhaps so mate but not that day i wasted too much time trying to catch some Image Imagejust my luck Image
hammo

Unread post by hammo »

joff the peg u fished has had no form in years,if it does well it is always with perch which apart from the odd one have not shown at all this year. Image i was at kilby on peg 7 and had 10oz,small gudgeonand 1 caster roach which i caught to early then bumped one next go and knackard up the peg for the rest of the match .when will i learn Image. i fed 2 punch lines fed both differently and proved to my self it makes no difference if there their they are easy to catch big hooks positive rigs makes no difference if not your in the sh!t with larger samples refuseing to feed no perch what else can u do can anyone help Image Image Image.cant wait for sunday at least the ice breaking should be fun with a house brick on the end of some string Image Image Image.
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Hammo who's side you on !!!! The name of the game is to hammer Joff !!!!!!!! :D Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

hammo take no notice of choppie i'm not sure how he's doing on the series me its a new venue and a nice looking venue but the feedback i'm getting isn't very positive you were right from the start and this is why i asked the question why not close the pegs up as the areas where fish are, are same in most sections its like you say your on what your on john shellard drew the same peg as roger won off yet he never had a skimmer or much else yet Arron won the match off a peg with skimmers this tells me i can't take too much pressure i would think Arron's peg will win it this week plus like roger Arron caught all his skimmers in the first 45 minutes  Image and thats what happens a lot on the canal  :-/ :-/still i'm still learning and taking in what you are all telling me [except choppies ::) ::)advice]wigston have done very well to win both rounds but its got to be the luck of the draw along with there knowledge of the canal
we will be braking ice this week for sure mate  :-[ :-[ i hate that bit Image Image
i asked stan to fish as we were one short in one of the teams and his reply was "it was crap thirty years ago when i fished it and it no better now Image"stans not one to mix his words  Image see you sunday Image Image

know a positive was at the weigh in the spro lad had caught 100 fish i don't know his name and we had a chat and i could see these lads nknow what they are doing Imagebut then his team mate was 5 pegs away and never had a bite Image Image
hammo

Unread post by hammo »

the spro lads are happy and very good at catching very small fish they will not push the pegs to catch a better stamp of fish.us river anglers tend to push our pegs and with this winter are coming unstuck.the spro lads will feed a small amount of punch not feeding again till it dries up ,are happy to use 1mm and 2mm punches if need be. when peg dries up unlike us fishing caster and worm across they will fish a small amount of punch across and fish it out . then they will move along and do the same again adding those important ounces. the problem i have i always feel of the pace and push the peg to much yet after the weighin i new there was no need and them few extra ounces i could have caught would have made a big difference.yet if it does warm a little a more positive approach will beat the small fish boys .trouble is to do it properly u need to decide at the start of match.buy the way arron and rob wooton look good in wigston coats.
colly
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Browning Northants

Unread post by colly »

Joff/Hammo - Had a good look at the conversation and I agree with a lot of what you are saying. 

I was not far from you on Sunday Joff and had 110 roach for 4-11.  Caught nearly everything at 5 metres on punch, but it was hard work and the fish were difficult to catch at times.  Left it too long before topping up because I didnt want to risk killing the only line I could catch on and had really iffy bites, but ended up catching really well after feeding a really hard nuggest of likky every 3 or 4 fish and had the roach lined up well in the end.  Couldnt catch on hemp like robbo on the next peg, but couldnt catch on bread across either (think it was too deep and that bloody pitbull on the far bank didnt help either!!) :-[ Still cant get my head around catching on hemp on a canal in the middle of winter.  I know that Joe Oakes catches loads just by cupping it in - all seems very odd to me :-/

The venue is peggy though (what canal isnt in winter) and reminds of a lot of the Birminham Canals where if you arent on roach you re in trouble cos theres not many perch or gudgeon!!

The skimmers are unpredictable too - one of our guys drew on the willow peg the first round and had 1 perch I think, and he's our best skimmer angler.

Still I am enjoying the league, Adam, Steve Oakes and co are doing a good job and there is a good atmosphere at all the matches - I think everyone is still trying to find out the full potential of the water and I see from the Wigston website that we are on some different sections on Sunday.

http://www.wigstonanglingsociety.co.uk/ ... /blog2.php 

Good idea to drop a round too and count your best 5 :) means we are all still in with a chance.

Finally and call me a very sad person, but I was driving through Leicester this afternoon on my way back from a meeting and went to see if I could get a bite at the Manor where there were 9 blanks in a row (I am that sad).  Fished for two hours nothing on punch on two lines but had 2 perch (one 10oz) on bits of redworm on a joker rig over really finely chopped worm in leam - hope it doesnt come to that on Sunday.

See you then Image MC
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Image Imagecheers colly your performance was our topic after the match i think we [Leicester sensas] have forgot a lot about this sort of hard fishing and i had to remind them that we used to fish these venues 20 years ago like the Leeds/Liverpool and the bridgewater canal we had lots of methods to get abit thats how hard it was i asked the lads that had blanked if they had tried any of the old school methods Image Imageand from the response it was a no hopefully this week they will ;)these areas are the ones to sort out as i think most sections have the potential for blanks especially this week Image Image Image
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

Unread post by Woodhouse »

just looked at the Wigston site, very good but one thing confounds me...

Founded 1890...are they the oldest club in the country never to win anything? Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

just looked at the Wigston site, very good but one thing confounds me...

Founded 1890...are they the oldest club in the country never to win anything? Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image Image

:-? :-? :-?but is it oadby or wigston :D :D :Dor are they the same Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

anybody know anything about the new sections Image Imageor is it the same CRAP Image Image
funny i'm looking forward to it Image Image
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Yes mate I do know a bit about the new pegging, thanks !
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

::) ::) ::) ithought you might Image