If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

All our yesterdays.......more up to date

For TK's trip down Memory Lane.

Moderator: TK

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

One for Dodge Image Image Image
diddy
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by diddy »

hb.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Image Diddy Image

Back to the black and whites un's tomorrow :D
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Stretfords finest ...... Harry Billing ;) Image
Mullarkey
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Mullarkey »

That lost fish cost Harry £25K. It was the Parkdean/Skol final about 6 or 7 years ago. Harry came second to Darren Cox that day, he was pegged about 3 or 4 on jennys and he played that carp for a long long time on white hydro, he knocked it off at the net, I bet he wished that pull bungs were available then!
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Harry dont need the money   ;)  8-) 8-)

Harrys younger brother Martin would of been as good as harry if he didnt pack fishing in ..... i fished loads with Martin , even went to Northern Ireland with him , another angler with natural talent who could work things out very quickly. Martin used to beat harry most of the time .... thats how good he was  ;)  8-)

Harry is probably the best pole angler to come from the North West in modern times and was hugely unfortunate not to make the England set up when at the time he was head and shoulders better than most of the England squad then, prob his achillies heel ..... a rod and reel  Image    Image  ;)
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Does anyone want to hear a story about a trip to Northern Ireland i had with Martin and a party of anglers ...... it was interesting to say the least ! think it was around 1982/3 ,

We had Ian Heaps looking after us Image Image Image 8-)
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: MaverBaitech
Sponsor: Maver / Baitech

Unread post by CHOPWORM HERO »

Come on Dodge I love a good story !
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Ok,

A party of us from Manchester (Urmston) went over to Enniskillen which was organised by John Lynch who was a respected match angler and bait dealer. There was a lot of unrest in northern ireland at that time and we were advised not to travel because of a situation with an irish man called Bobby Sands who was on hunger strike at the time and close to death. Anyway we travelled over from Liverpool via a couple of transit vans and ferry to Belfast. When we left Belfast we could sense everything was far from ok and were told to keep ourselves to ourselves, we arrived in Enniskillen (it was the first time i had been) and it was superb ...... the river erne, loads of lakes etc. We were staying in some wooden chalets which were right on the bank of the river erne which had their own staging with enough room for prob 3 pegs, the chalets were situated next to the famous Killyhevlin Hotel  ;)
Anyway Ian Heaps was our host for the week as he was resident in one of the chalets and to our surprise had a nice bit of totty staying with him!
The week after our stay there was to be a angling festival so heapsy told us all a few well known anglers would be dropping by to have a chat with him and do some practicing on the river .. (not with his bird lol). Anyway during the week anglers like Kevin Ashurst turned up , Ray Mumford hung around for a while selling some bits of tackle and a bloke called Keith Boswell i think he was called turned up with our bait (casters,maggots & g/bait) Keith and John Lynch knew each other well and Keith invited a few of us to fish a big pole only match later in the week on the River Bann in Portadown  Image Image
On the second day of the trip Bobby Sands died and the situation there became very dangerous to say the least,we were travelling in transit vans and were stopped everywhere we went by the British Army pointing machine guns at us asking for details etc .... got stopped a couple of times down a country road on the way to trory i think it was by the army who thought we could be IRA etc .... machine guns pointing at us from the undergrowth ..... proper sh!t ourselves !!! Anyway after a few days the Army patrols knew who we were and became more relaxed with us but advised us it was better to cut the trip short and head back to the safety of England and if any of us chose to stay in Enniskillen NOT to go into town at night and stay out of the bars etc ...... next day John lynch meself and a couple of others crappity smacked off up the motorway to Portadown to fish the River Bann match  Image Image  Image Image  Image Image

We got there and there had been a riot the night before etc .... Keith Boswell made us mega welcome and gave us free breakfasts etc and told us the script with the fishing, feeding etc ..... the River Bann looked awesome !!! anyway my match went like this ....

Filled it in at 8 mtrs to hand with g/bait, casters and some maggots, it was about 5ft deep think i had a gram and a half and 2 gram bulked rigs no messin about  ;)  :D
second run through the float dipped and a proper roach of 6 oz was swung in...... then another etc, after 2 hours they needed some more stuff .... another 3 or 4 balls went in and the roach came back,they needed some more stuff but i had chucked it all in and had none left :D ::) i weighed 38lb of all roach for some section money ..... Keith Boswell won the match with 80lb of bream  Image

Anyway we made our way back to our chalets back in Enniskillen about 40 miles away i think, got to the turning for the Killyhevlin Hotel and there were police, fire brigade and the army the lot there !!! we all thought the worst with the troubles there etc ... OUR chalet was burnt to the ground  Image Image

Turned out one of the lads decided to make a chip butty and fell asleep fishing on the staging and left the crappity smackin chip pan on !!!  Image Image Image  Image Image Image Image what a dohnut !!!   ::) ::)

Oh and we got heapsy good and proper  ;) :D

One of the lads caught an eel from the river and kept it and stuck it in heapsys bed ....... should of heard him when him and his totty got in bed that night  Image  Image Image Image Image Image  Image Image

PRICELESS    ;)   Image   Image
mrrbpoole

Unread post by mrrbpoole »

just for your info dodge went there last april on a festival, stopped in the same chalets next to the killy, fished off the same platforms and keith boswell is still doing the bait, hes stopped fishing now though.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Brilliant Dodge Image

CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Top story mate, any more ? Image
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Top story mate, any more ?  Image

No mate, that will do for this year ;) someone else can have a go Image ::)
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Dodge, I heard about Heapsy and this crappity smack eel.

I know it takes some believing but I was there that very same week as BS died.

Small world ain't it Image Image Image Image Image

I would have been staying at Mahons probably.

That very same year I got stuck down at Dolan's Ring after the Festival. I was with a chap called Curly (long gone) from down Kent and I was left on my own while Curly jumped in another car and went back to his digs to try and find his spare keys. I was left on my own and the inevitable happened, I was surrounded by squddies and all sorts with rifles. They must have thought I was OK as they crappity smack off. A few minutes late Keith Boswell cam down and gave me a huge bolloocking for being on my own. He took me back to his house, halfway up the hill where I had a bite to eat. Top bloke Bozzy, he helped me out thatr day.

Incidentally the keys were found down the side of the drivers seat Image
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

just for your info dodge went there last april on a festival, stopped in the same chalets next to the killy, fished off the same platforms and keith boswell is still doing the bait, hes stopped fishing now though.

Nice one Bob bloke Image Image 8-)

Are they still catching the roach and bream outside the Killy ?
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Sorry to butt in but I have just had an email from Anglers World regarding accomodation for the muckno pairs.
They are :
Capeville Lodge, Castle Lodge, Rockville and Blittogue all in Castleblaney.
Anybody been to any of these places ?
Cheers Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Stopped in Castle Lodge and Rockville CWH; gizza a bell if you want.
Never heard of Capeville must be a new one. Q stops at bliitogue or whatever it is crappity smack called. ::) ::)
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Thanks for that mate Image
mrrbpoole

Unread post by mrrbpoole »

Still catching stacks of resident roach dodge but the bream have dissapeared. its great with the stick or pole and flat float. cant imagine anywhere nicer to wake up in a morning!